It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Lagerfeld (tongue in cheek expose)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
He is one of my fav designers. There was recently & still currently a flap over how he lost 92 pounds in 13 months.

He is still oh so lean after a few years. Good for him!

To capitalize on this unfounded notoriety, he published a book called
"The Karl Lagerfeld Diet".

Here's a sample of the recipes:

Check out the lemon soup. Now I admit that sure is "skinny" soup.

But the Veal with plums doesn't look skinny.

www.powerhousebooks.com...

[edit on 27-9-2005 by Questor]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wonder if the book comes with a fan

Honestly...What does he need that fan for all the time?

The perfect fashion accessory I assume....I wouldn't know good fashion if it slapped me in the face, but I certainly know bad fashion if I see it...

Is there a resemblence here? Haha
vs.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Left pic = 1st class, suave, debonair(sp)

Right pic = big loser-dom

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There was recently & still currently a flap over how he lost 92 pounds in 13 months.

A flap?

Flap:

1. A flat, usually thin piece attached at only one side.
2. A projecting or hanging piece usually intended to double over and protect or cover: the flap of an envelope.
3. The act of waving or fluttering: the flap of the flag in the wind.
4. The sound produced by this motion.
5. A blow given with something flat; a slap.
6. A variable control surface on the trailing edge of an aircraft wing, used primarily to increase lift or drag.
7. Either of the folded ends of a book jacket that fit inside the front and back covers.
8. Medicine. Tissue that has been partially detached and used in surgical grafting to fill an adjacent defect or cover the cut end of a bone after amputation.
8. Linguistics. A sound articulated by a single, quick touch of the tongue against the teeth or alveolar ridge, as (t) in water. Also called tap1.
9. Informal. A commotion or disturbance: a flap in Congress over the defense budget.

Ah...number 9 it is! Where was and is this flap happening? In what world?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Another controversy has arisen with Mr. Lagerfeld. Apparently he refuses to have less expensive versions of his highend fashions to be made for the H & M (?) chain which showcases various other high profile designers as well.

He apparently objected to making "larger" sizes. It would be offensive to the Lagerfeld image to be associated with anything close to plus sized clothing.

I agree. It is inappropriate for anyone who doesn't fit the slim mold to parade in grotesque versions of his clothing. Let's face it. It's a turn off.

Best to keep his fashions for the sleek & slim only.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Another controversy has arisen with Mr. Lagerfeld. Apparently he refuses to have less expensive versions of his highend fashions to be made for the H & M (?) chain which showcases various other high profile designers as well.

This is a contraversy?? With all the awful things going on in the world, this is the contraversy you are concerned with? Give me a break!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hmm. You obviously haven't noticed this is the BTS forum.

For serious issues, go to the ATS forum.

Mod Edit: It may be BTS, but we still don't want to see name-calling

"Fashion whore" may be acceptable though.....

.....................j/k

[edit on 10/21/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

And I have edited with "killer" icons since that seems more allowable than simple retaliation name calling. You don't get it. You used "Fashion whore" in the wrong context.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by Questor]

top topics

join