It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Pythias, still kicking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have been looking into joining this fraternal order as well, I was just wondering if there were any chapters in the southeast...mainly North Cacklacky???

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't know about N.C. but there is one locally here in Virginia.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My Great Grandfather was a Knight of Pythias.

Obviously a long time ago. I looked into them for my Grandmother. She was a little upset that they may have been linked to the KKK but I was able to put her mind to rest on that matter.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The organization is dying out apparently. They're even trying to do a membership drive wherein you can join without going thru the initiation ceremonies and all that jazz.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Its always a shame to see someones fraternal organization die out...it looks like an offshoot of oddfellowship from some of the ritual I have seen...but then again I think that might be dying out as well...
I'd love to see what its about before it goes extinct

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoonePanic
Its always a shame to see someones fraternal organization die out...it looks like an offshoot of oddfellowship from some of the ritual I have seen...but then again I think that might be dying out as well...
I'd love to see what its about before it goes extinct

Well I didn't see anything in NC, but here's their official website: www.pythias.org...

P.S. I was mistaken the other day; I went downtown over the weekend and the old Knights of Pythias building isn't a restaraunt now, it's a jewelry store.

I know no one cares but I thought I'd correct my error anyway.

top topics

join