It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats With Women

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I just can't understand when people complain about women they don't say,"most women or some women."

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If women are after money, how come a certain young archaeologist I once knew was at the eye of the storm of campus social life at a certain major southern university. Was he a business major? No---he was an adventure major. Drives the babes wild, dude.

And yes, the whole intelligence thing. I spent a lot more time in the cafes than I ever did in the classroom, getting my degree. I could make a little extra money hustling chess games, and women didn't seem to think I was a geek or anything. Far from it.

The real "gift" is to show someone (anyone) that you put effort into thinking about them even when you're not in their presence. You're probably the kind of guy who goes and buys his mom a store-bought halmark card and mails it, and says "whew! that took care of mother's day."

Women (heck, all humans) just want to know they are worth the effort. My joke with frau Dr. is that while she appreciates it when I buy her flowers, she would prefer that I had to get beaten up for them! In other words, what matters is that I went to some trouble.

You know, one of the best dates we ever had was not the $60 tickets to James Gallway playing with the Dallas Symphony, (although that's one of the top 10.) It wasn't $150 that I dropped at our favorite Italian restaurant on Valentines Day. And it wasn't the sapphire ring I bought for her "naked hand" on our first anniversary.

It was the first couple of weeks after we met, when I picked her up after a seminar and took her to her favorite chinese restaurant. I think it cost me like $15 bucks. On the drive back to campus, I discovered that I just "happened" to have a loaf of stale bread in my car, and since we're driving past the oriental gardens, why don't we skip class go by the pond, and just go feed the ducks? . . . . It was so intensely romantic that we were lucky to avoid getting arrested! She still jokes about "scaring the ducks" that afternoon. What did that cost me? $15 bucks, for an afternoon in heaven, and the conviction that I had found Miss right?

Back when I was single, I was famous being surrounded with female friends and hangers on. Does that sound gay to you? If it does, don't ask me what I think of a fella who can't carry on 2 minutes of conversation with a woman before she's convinced he's some kind of axe-murderer.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
"its stupid, contagious, to be broke and famous, will someone please save us from punk rock 101!"

Code red we have a takeover. Women now on rampage. (Sirens)

Roger that converting to Sierra Hotel India Tango server. These are words from the nano-phonetic alphabet.

Well I am a creative person. Sicne everybody is saying the negative stuff I will say the positvie. I know women hate me, but I really don't care what they think because there is a positive to everything.

I am really good at making friends. When it comes to girls, I don't find them that interesting to talk to. I have trouble being interested. Guess that is a problem, not a positive. Well I have plenty of friends that r boys. And they way people r talking about me, I'll probably be come gay.

Thats when, right before I get gay, the MIB hires me. Why? because the MIB likes people that r not married because if ur not married there is no one to tell secret stuff. then I will learn all about UFOS and when I retire I will tell ATS everything.

Well this thread has turned the tables. I am now the one being criticized. Interesting. I'll right this one down.

If no one likes me then its called :w:
. Not that hard.

I still will live my life and even though I have a learing difference, this difference actually makes me smarter. Because I think in a different way than anyone here. And no one will ever be able to comprehend my way of thinking. Once I get to college everybody who doesn't think the way I do is, one word, SCREWED! :
:bash:.

I will probably become president. and then everyone will respect me. Even women.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Notice I am not fighting with anyone. I'm being nice. I love peoples company whether good or bad. I welcome you to a good conversation or a good laugh. My intentions are always good.

UNLESS YOU ARE A CONSERVATIVE BLANK SON OF A BLANK BLANK!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
with some positive words for you, courtesy of John and Paul:

"And in the end
The love you take
is equal to the love you make."

I think love is fundamentally a giving of yourself.

The one who would save his life will lose it; and the one who would lose his life for my sake will find it again.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I like girls that are tomboys. Its awesome when they play Halo 2.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I cannot imagine what you could possibly be thinking...perhapsed that is the problem ..you are not thinking..just playing.

Playing is ok...it is not life. Survival is life and many different social mechanisms have been devised to insure survival. Especially and particularly by women.

All this romance and play is ok..it it not life. When you look to keep a woman around..you look for a woman who can go further than " play" or something more than "phat yams".
Same thing with a woman looking for a man...he must have more than just play or boy toy looks. Otherwise he is just like many women ..high maintnance...and women are not looking to maintain men as a career from their career earnings.

Most of what you post indicates cliches and imaginary power and control..not real experience. It indicates powerlessness over your life in this arena. People who have this lack of power or control over life..prefer to play ..its easier than real life. Requires less real commitment.
Dont think for one minute that a knowlegable woman cant figure this out quickly. Most have radar skills that can see this in the dark ..miles away.
As Tess said...single ..very single.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If girls don't want a man thats high-maintanance than why would we want a woman who is high-maintenance? LOL.

Yes I like to play. More fun that way. Whoa I didn't know I could ryhme.

Yes I like to play. More fun that way.

Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.Yes I like to play. More fun that way.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Zoooooooommmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I just realized that I kind of act like Ferris Bueler. I mean I'm funny and I have kind of been known to think of Ideas like that. I don't skip school but still I can win an arguement with just about anybody. I hate it thought because when I start winning an arguement, my friends start makinf fun of me as a fallback position.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
I don't understand why women are attracted to money. I mean it just doesn't make sense. I don't know why all I think about is sex but being attracted to dollar bills? That is not part of physical or mental love.

I'm wondering.. are the girls you are talking about specifically all pretty? Surely there may be some that you haven't noticed that are not just interested in money.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ferris was cool. And entertaining.

In other words, please post on-topic.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow!! I must be out of the information loop. Who or what is Ferris Bueler famous for accomplishing.???

Also Conspiracy Theorist..I do not believe you win arguments if people resort to laughing at you or making humor. When one makes a valid point it is difficult to come back with any kind of sensible reply to the opposite or disputing opinion without looking bad. Suggest you rethink your position on this.
I agree with Riley.not all women are intrested in money. Women who can take care of themselves and their children can come to a man for love only. It takes a real man to spot this in a woman. By their nature ..most women do not advertise this point with a sign on thier backs. Conversely, Conspiracy Theorist, it takes a real man to come to a woman for something other than sex and I can assure you that most.women can spot this faster than men.

Amorymeltzers post is very funny...well done..

Thanks to all,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Tangerine tom and Riley,

Riley, I usually talk to the non-"popular" group. I do not dare try and talk to the popualr group. This one girl talks to me so much but she doesn't want to go out or anything. She's a real idiot, I am in her league and she talks to me all the time but she doesn't have feelings for me, even though she starts the conversation. She likes this one rich tall kid and he is way dumber, and way out of her league but she thinks she can win him over. tssh, ya right.

Apricot,

I win arguments but Ryan, when he loses, his face gets red and then he starts saying, "hey greg remember when CENSORED got kicked and then started running away?" Then little insecrue greg comes over and starts making fun of me and its not even on topic of the conversation with ryan. So stupid. The girls like Greg more than me even though he's really fat and he lies.

I can't belive the only girl I like won't go out or talk or dance or do anything with me! Yes, I tried someone else, but then she fell in love with ryan. I rolled my eyes when the other person fell in love with ryan.:shk:

She likes him because he likes overplay day and is a gossip king. I really don't understand women.

Anyway the girl I like is either too shy or I am just too ugly. Okay go ahead orange, say your negative things now.

I wish I could prove to her that... oh whats the use I am good at nothing. Not even good at videogames, but I still like em.

By the way I am not a geek, I am kind of inbetween. Heres how I explain it:

A= very popular group

B= sort of popualr and hang with the same crowd.

C= Have friends that are in the B group and The D group. (me)

D= Geek

F= this one creepy kid.

[edit on 11/1/2005 by Conspiracy Theorist06]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow..You must be really young. Like in high school or such. I wouldnt worry much about the social scene...worry about improving your skills in making a living..when you secure yourself ..you will have women noticing you and beating a path to your door. You will actually get tired of many of them.
REmember something Consipriacy Theorist...high school and college is not forever...sooner or later you have to step out on the tree limb and take a chance..even hit the ground if the limb breaks...this is what you train yourself for ...not all this cheap socializing. Its called "survival". Socializing is only a small part of this.

You come across Conspiracy Theorist with the same attitude that so many young people have today...heavy on the self promotion while putting down others for the same poor attitude you have..but no real answers. Self promotion is very big among many young people now days. You need to remember ..Conspiracy Theorist...when you get out of school you will be swimming among real sharks. Many of them can see you coming ..self promomtion will only get you so far...you need real experience..not fluff.
Most women can spot a phoney self promoter from miles away. What can you possibly be thinking. This will not help you out in the real world..sooner or later you will be called on to produce the goods...real goods and self promotion is not it. The women in this room can spot you mile away and this just by the provincialness of your posts. This is not negativity..it is fact.

One more thing Conspiracy Theorist...this one is a peeve of mine. So many people cannot take what they think is negativity. This belies the concept that they think they are really good people therefore they deserve only good things. They do not deserve what they catalogue as negativity.
Good people only deserve good things...not so. Only ignornant self promotion can get a person on this fake treadmill. Only living in a secure safe social structure with the hurdles provided and taken care of by others can give people such a false image of themselves.
Conspiracy Theorist...if you are a man in this world you are going to get alot of negativity just by virtue of your sex...rejection is one of them. Get used to it. It will become part of your lifestyle. Learn to deal with it. It will make you confident...and women like a man of confidence.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am not full of myself in anyway. I have so many bad things in my life it would seem as if I am living the life of two people. I rarely have anything good in my life happen. I do not self promote myself in anyway, I promise I don't. I really don't. I kind of like try to where like cool sun-glasses but only once a year on halloween. I don't know why I do it on halloween. Its not a costume its just something fun. In fact you know what i hate self promoters. Like that kid greg I told you about? Ya an example of a self promoter would be him, but why do the girls like him? he's fat, he lies, and he self promotes. He's not any richer or poorer than I am. In fact he's got a little bit of a smaller house.

Sorry for not breaking paragraphs but i feel misunderstood. I don't go after the prostitute-like girls. This is what happened to me:

I tried asking this one girls out who was in the C group like me. THat failed.

I tried again but now she got "promoted" up to a B person.

I t

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join