It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats With Women

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I don't understand why women are attracted to money. I mean it just doesn't make sense. I don't know why all I think about is sex but being attracted to dollar bills? That is not part of physical or mental love.

I like talking to girls and not just thinking about sex, though it is in male nature to.

Also there is this guy in my school and he is always sitting with girls and talking to em. I think that is because he has no guy friends.

I get jealous of him but then I laugh my as off when I think about how jealous 12 girls must be. Just cracks me up.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Woman are attracted to money about as much as men are attracted to skanky blondes. In otheer words - some are, some aren't. Generalisation = bad. Generalisation about women = very bad.

I think your friend who hangs around women has it right. My brother used to do that as a kid and some guys laughed at him; he's the one laughing now. Women can tell a woman-lover a mile off and respond accordingly.

If you really like women and try to get to know them as people, then you will realise how interesting some of them can be. If you are in high school this is even more important - don't get stuck in a pattern where you learn to worship them from afar, or worse, you learn to malign their esoteric qualities, or label them all manner of degrading things, some which are unmerited.

Not so long ago religious men believed women had no soul and only men were worthy of persuing the path to true enlightenment. Also not long ago Dr. Freud himself had an issue with the 'emotional' and 'hysterical' qualities of woman.

As much as things seem to change, some things stay the same.

To say it is all about one thing or another is to shut yourself off to the joy of differences between the sexes. It is fun and it isn't always about sex but about the struggle to overcome those differences.

To assume you know what it is all about - money, for example, is to effectively remove yourself from discovering the nature of women.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist06
I don't understand why women are attracted to money.

It's not the money. It's the power that the money represents.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
There is an old adage, it goes it is as easy to love a rich man as it is a poor man, at least my dad always tried to instill that in me. This comes from the whole woman stays home and takes care of the babies, while the guy goes off to work thing.
I have never been one drawn to guys simply because they had money, I like the take charge, big guy, with alot of smarts thrown in there for good measure. I have a bit more testosterone in my blood,than most women and am usually the little one trying to box her guy friends.(Put me in a hat and jeans and Im most happy)
I always feel like I have to wear the pants in a relationship. For some reason, the general consensus of guys in my age group 25-30, have forgotten things like changing the oil in the car, patching holes in plaster , or even killing a bug I find offensive. DOn't you dare say that because I'm a girl I can't do something, I'll swing and clock you right in the side of the head

I'm usually the one to fall for the starving artist, why? Because I truly adore a guy I can hold a conversation with. As long as they know how to treat me right, thats all that matters, Ive been with my guy now going on 4 years, and to be honest, I haven't received as much as a christmas present. So it's definately obvious, I don't go after money.

Although it would be nice to have someone take care of me for the rest of my life, and buy me everything my heart desires, I would feel compelled to owe them for the rest of my life.

Just a defense of the other women out there, that don't believe we have to have a guy with money. If you truly want to attract a good woman, I suggest learn to do things like make her feel secure, wear clean underwear at all times, and remember the phrase "you are so right, I'm sorry I was wrong
"

[edit on 9/28/2005 by denial28]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well, for starters, they smell great . . .

Oh, now I see the rest of your post.

Perhaps it's just the skanky trash you're chasing. That and the fact that maybe you feel inadequate, and are looking for a reason to "explain away" the fact that you lack the drive to present yourself to women in a way that excites them.

But let's move on.

Some female primates are attracted to the alpha male, or the closest version they can get.

Others prefer the outsiders (i.e., artists, revolutionaries) on the hypothesis that they will one day challenge the status quo and become the elite once they lead the vanguard on Bastille day.

I discovered that many of the excellent women want to see definite signals of interest from you. Not money as such, but a willingness to put effort into chasing them.

You can get roses on sale for less than $12 in most large supermarkets, early in the week. That's enough to get ANY woman's attention. assuming she likes you.

Most young men think that women should be "beyond all that dating BS." But I'm here to tell you that every woman wants to be valued. So plan an evening. One that takes some work on your part. Like, find out what movies she likes, or whether she likes coffee or drinks.

A DATE is not sitting with her in a crowd, where you don't talk to each other. The real "date" starts when you leave the concert, and take her to a quiet little cafe where everyone knows your name, and they have her favorite kind of pie. The two of you discuss your mutual interests, and then you take her (to her) home before she's quite ready to end the evening.

THAT is a real date.

When you ask her out, you MUST NOT

-stutter/stammer

-ask a general question (i.e., "would you think about going out with me, sometime?" or "do you like opera?") It is always easier to say no to a general question than a specific one. And if you ask in general, her "no" is binding. As in no, she would NOT like to go out with you sometime. or, ever.

-when she says no, keep on talking about it. Don't say, "maybe some other time." or "then maybe we could meet for coffee." If you get less than a direct yes, then drop it for at least 14 days. Nothing is uglier than desperation. You should never reward a woman for being coquettish. You SHOULD respect her wishes regardless.

-ask her out late in the week. If you ask her on Friday, you're insinuating that she probably doesn't have a date. And you're liable to get rejected. It also says you're not putting much effort into it. If I tell you that "I have tickets to a museum you're interested in, can you go with me on Sunday," it says I've given this a lot of effort.

+++++

Figure that, if you are average, you'll get about 4 "no's" for every yes to a dating requests. If you only get yes's, your not talking to enough women--you're only hitting on the ones you think are a "shure thing."

Remember that the really hot chicks spend most weekends at home, or have boyfriends that mistreat them to some extent. In general, the incredible ones are incredibly lonely. Most men are intimidated by beauty, and won't ask the prom queen out. When they get one, they are contemptuous of her, because they settled for such a loser. -- this means that you can move right in, if you want.

I learned this from my roomate in college. His looks were sub-par, and his parents had cut him off financially. And that dude literally had women fighting over him. He moved in his girlfriend (a model), about 6 weeks into the semester. Which would have been a problem except she had a ton of hot friends, who couldn't get a date.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Also there is this guy in my school and he is always sitting with girls and talking to em. I think that is because he has no guy friends.

There's a word for dudes like that...."gay"
I witnessed that growing up, as my brother always had female friends, and never any guy friends...
He's like one of the girls, even if he doesn't act effeminate. My brother's "partner" is like that. You'd never guess in a million years the guy was gay...

Sorry to divert a bit, but figured I'd chime in on this part of it, hehe...

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There's a word for dudes like that...."gay"

That was great and so true! Not just any girls, but the cute girls.

Note to all you high school guys: If you want to get chicks, act gay. Gain their trust and then drop the "I'm really straight let's get it on" bomb on them. If I had it to do over again I would probably go that route.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, that's just plain devious, but to really work, you have to convince them that they "changed" you straight silly....
Since that's the REAL attraction for them on this angle....

Anyhoo, it was an observational comment, not a suggestion...as the side effects of that angle could be .... unpleasant, hehe....

Some real advice is to be a good listener... Sure, that may not help much in high school (as you'll be seen as a "friend"), but later on, when girls get past some of that high school BS, it'll help you find someone you really connect with. Also, you'll earn the approval of her friends, which if you haven't guessed by now, is one of the keymost points...

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
lol there was this boy in our class and he would only talk to the girls. when he walked into the room my "gay dector " went off and i knew from then.
i am one of those girls who can sit and talk to the boys about wrestling etc. and i can talk to the girls about.....you know girl stuff.

he would talk to us girls and it used to be so funny winding up the other boys! because for some reason they didnt click on he was gay. like we would mess around and sit on his lap and the boys across the room have the jaws cemented to the floor.

every girl or man want luxury things. i want diamonds and pearls and a big house and a man i love. only because we want it doesnt mean we will get it. god if i found some one who would pay for all of this then i would go for it only on one condition i would have to love them in my heart of hearts.
but serious you think about sex. girls think about money.
also how do you know women only want money???

oni x x

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

lol there was this boy in our class and he would only talk to the girls. when he walked into the room my "gay dector " went off and i knew from then.

Usually called "gay-dar"

Anyhoo, they may not have CONSCIOUSLY mentioned it, but SUBCONSCIOUSLY, they knew he was gay and "safe"....

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You know, there is actually a word for guys who act gay but aren't, they are called "Metrosexuals" apparently a couple guys here in the NE USA decided that men who were other than straight were attracting most of the girls. Sooooo...... Now we have the Metro instead of the Hetro.
I swear Guys just will try ANYTHING!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The only thing keeping men from figuring it out is the one part that makes them even want to. It'll all work itself out one day.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Nah...metros are a bit different. Most of us guys can appreciate a nice shave, pressed shirt, manicure, etc. Thing is, the metro's aren't too lazy to actually DO it,
Their goal is to be admired by women, not seen as one of the gals....

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
He is either gay or I have no Idea. He likes to act. (usually guys that like to do that r gay) but I like to act and I know I am not gay. Oh yeah!

There is a guy in my class who acts gay though! but I don't think he is. The girls do like him.

Anyway about the main kid. He isn't rich so the girls aren't attracted to benjamin franklin. he lives 2 doors down. They may be attracted to? Um? He is kind of tall but I wouldn't see him as 'sexy'. wow why would I know if a guy is sexy or not? Well because he doesn't walk straight, he is a little little bit fat. He doesn't have the stupid long hair thing. He is very academic. Not great of an actor but he got his promotion completely rigged because his mom works at the school. The drama teacher likes him because he is academic. I think I can act better than him, and I know I can sing better than him! Sheesh he's got a horrible singing voice!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Nah...metros are a bit different. Most of us guys can appreciate a nice shave, pressed shirt, manicure, etc. Thing is, the metro's aren't too lazy to actually DO it,
Their goal is to be admired by women, not seen as one of the gals....

That's a hilarious definition. Nice job.

But see, if a few men "go to the trouble," then we all have to.

In ten years, men will be wearing makeup and shaving the rest of their bodies, too.

All except me. I napped her and I have a license (marital) to be any kind of slob I want. hehehehe.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ok, I havn't read all the replies to this, sorry if Im reapeating.

Women being attracted to money and wealth makes perfect scientific sense. Back in the day when we were monkeys women relied largely on male support, suck as hunting, fighting off predators and all that stuff, so a female would have to choose a mate who could protect her.

To cut a long story short, nowadays protection means financial security and when a women sees diamond rings and fancy things, she feels protected. They cant help it, evolution has implanted these impulsive tendancies into them to secure the survival of the human race (cuz women carry babies and that jazz), just like evolution has implanted the natural impulse in a man to have sex so we can have babies and do the whole survival of the species thang.

"Now I aint sayin' she's a gold digger,
but she aint hangin' with no broke n!gga" - Kanye West

[edit on 1-10-2005 by The_Modulus]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
In primate troops (the gregarious ones), the central or alpha male sits in the center. Males and females range around him like rings around a bullseye. Anyone who gets too close, is trying to move up the hierarchy. That way, you have to challenge all his leutenants and captains before you get to take on "the man." just like in a video game.

The peripheral males actually do all the work for the troop. They look for food, they investigate suspicious noises that might be leopards or baboons, they secure the water crossings before woman and infants become vulnerable at the stream. they defend the turf in boundary disputes with other troops.

Basically, the peripheral males get all the risks, and none of the sex.

Compare this with classic '80s style gang activity. The boss never wears colors, does he? Nope, the only ones "signifyin" are the peripheral males. They and their girlfriends are the ones who get macked coming out of the 7-11. But the Boss NEVER wears colors; so he and his 'woman' are not at risk. (pointing this out to the girlfriends of novice gangers helped put a huge dent in people wearing colors at all.)

But of course we are humans. We don't HAVE to live that way if we don't choose. I would argue that every woman has shades of that "security" need in her. But some don't let this urge pick their men for them.

Some women go for the smartest man they can find, thinking that will do more for her offspring that what he may have inherited or won in a lawsuit. In the modern world, intellect is the ultimate tool of survival.

Chess, anyone?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Too true dr_strangecroft. Thats why you now gotta do the the whole Conversation Skills thing to display your superior intellect and lawsuiting abilities.

Actually, lawyers may become very attractive as people are just suieng all over the place these days.

Checkers anyone?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I don't understand why women are attracted to money. I mean it just doesn't make sense.

Women love money because they cannot find real love.

Once a woman has found the man of her dreams, trust me, she will leave all money for him.

Why do you think a princess would run after a pauper ?

Women only love money to keep their minds off the fact that no one truly loves them.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

He is kind of tall but I wouldn't see him as 'sexy'. wow why would I know if a guy is sexy or not?

And there you see culture and biology in action. Attractiveness is important for most men... but it's not that important to women. What's important is intelligence and a sense of humor. Here's a woman answering this question -- and her answers are pretty much what shows up in every survey where women are asked this:
www.faqs.org...

The pseudo gay or gay guys are interested in women as people and not interested in how fast they can get into the women's pants (that is SUCH a turn-off.) They don't play games and pretend to be interested with the end goal of a sexual affair in mind. They're just interested in women.

And women can tell.

Here's a survey of what women who dance like in men. Again, "handsome" is at the bottom of the list:
www.dancesport.lv...

BTW, the wealthier kids are more often the ones who have nice-looking clothes and who have been participating in adult conversations more. So their ability to discuss something other than who's dating who puts them ahead in the game. Traditionally, these kids had a good education as well (remember that women like intelligence)... so they start with two generational advantages over everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join