It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Chocolate Constituent Bests Fluoride

"Chocolate Toothpaste? Extract of Tasty Treat Could Fight Tooth Decay."

That's how Tulane University's news office provocatively titled a press release it issued last week. Sound sweet? Unfortunately, it's anything but. The extract, theobromine, is a bitter constituent of a number of plants, including the beans used to make chocolate. A chemical cousin to caffeine, this compound is also a stimulant—and doesn't taste the least bit chocolaty.

That said, theobromine does show promise in fighting cavities. In preliminary tests, Tulane scientists have shown that this chemical—which chocolate-lovers regularly consume—strengthens teeth better than fluoride.

More...

Meanwhile...

Fluoride No Benefit To Low-Income Americans, Study Shows

Fluoride Linked To Gum Disease

[edit on 29-5-2007 by loam]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
UPDATE:

End Fluoridation, Say 500 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists And Environmentalists

In a statement released recently, over 600 professionals are urging Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks. (www.fluorideaction.org...)

Signers include a Nobel Prize winner, three members of the prestigious 2006 National Research Council (NRC) panel that reported on fluoride's toxicology, two officers in the Union representing professionals at EPA headquarters, the President of the International Society of Doctors for the Environment, and hundreds of medical, dental, academic, scientific and environmental professionals, worldwide.

Signer Dr. Arvid Carlsson, winner of the 2000 Nobel Prize for Medicine, says, "Fluoridation is against all principles of modern pharmacology. It's really obsolete."

More...

Looks like this is issue is not dead after all.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
For those who asked about fluoride, and getting it out of the water, this is what I know about working for a short time with the purification industry:

Naturally occurring Calcium Fluoride is a dissolved solid. However, as posted in this thread, the type of Fluoride being added seems to be an acid. Maybe someone can comment?

Dissolved mineral solids (lead, aluminum) are partly removed with a 'Brita' type filter (a study shows ~67% for aluminum, probably similar for other D.S.). A Brita-type filter contains an element to 'soften' the water, this works similar to a whole-house water softening system, replacing hard minerals with a softer one, usually potassium. This process removes at least a small amount of the fluoride, I was told by the water purification researcher. Maybe someone on here with more knowledge can comment.

The taste of the water improves because the activated carbon in the filter, removes biologicals and chlorine, (but not chloramines, a potent chlorine-ammonia molecule which is difficult to remove, begun use in California when I was in the U.S. years back).

The only way I have been told to most reliably remove the dissolved solids, is with a membrane-type system, which pushes the water (usually under it's own tap-pressure) against a membrane. The water is usually pretreated by flowing through a sediment filter, then an activated carbon filter. Standard housings are available (there was a unit Costco was selling years ago when I was in the U.S. for around 115 USD). These cut down on the cost of replacement cartridges. For comparison, culligan systems can only use culligan cartridges.

Tested membranes can be found (look around) from some suppliers. Not all membranes are created equal, and output purity can vary from ~66% to +97%. Purity is also greatly affected by the differential between input pressure and output pressure - the higher the differential (high on input, low on output), the better the purity. For example, the Costco system and many others, have a problem where, there is a bladder tank on the output. This naturally, 'pushes back' on the output, as it tops off. This results in a drop-off in purity as the two pressures equalize. It also wastes a lot of water.

I think it's much better, for those conscientious folks on a budget, to use a simple 'sediment-charcoal-membrane-small charcoal post-filter' system, -without- a bladder; No bladder to periodically maintenance (and stuff DOES grow inside there!), and no back-pressure on the membrane. It hooks to the tap (COLD water only), and be used to fill jugs. The membrane should last for many years, with only the filters replaced about every 8 months to a year, depending on how much the system is used. Exhausting the cartridges, with no regular replacement, while being NASTY, can also destroy membranes. Many membrane-types require chlorine to be removed FIRST [by the activated charcoal]

Building: For those building their own system for drinking water for a few adults, use standard housings, one for the spun [graduated] sediment filter (if I remember correctly, the spun filter is graduated, which means it has less tendency to clog, going from 20 microns down to .5 micron, I THINK scratches head), and one for the carbon filter. 5.0 (that's FIVE) microns is good for the carbon filter. 0.5 (POINT FIVE) is not so good I've been told, as even with the sediment pre-filter I've been told they have a tendency to clog before they exhaust. The tested membranes you can find with a little research, and the post-carbon filter is simply an in-line (small) filter which improves the taste a little. For those with really low-water line pressure, a pre-pressurization pump can be used. When I was in the U.S., US Filter (usually listed under oil filters in the yellow pages) stocked all the standard housings and filters.

Regards to all

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"Chinese Fluoride is Safe!"

A fun little update.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I have been currently researching Public Relations and ordered a book by Edward Bernays called "Propaganda" which he wrote in 1928. Edwards Bernays was Freud's nephew and the 'Father of Spin/Public Relations'.
He clearly states in this book that he was hired by the Alcoa Aluminum Company to sway the public opinion of Fluroide (which was previously generally known to be used in rat poison).
It only took an actor in a lab coat to say '9 out of 10 dentists recommend fluroide in drinking water' and the public was convinced.
Before reading the book I was aware of this 'conspiracy' and believed it to be true, this book was the icing on the cake.
It goes to show that the masses are so easily directed in to any corner the Elite want them to be in.
He also used 'herding instinct', a Freudian concept. The key is to exclude the dissidents from the herd as being different and not belonging. That way, the people that did realise what was happening were 'conspiracy theoriest', kooks! wackos! A very basic pshychology tactic.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I really couldnt be bothered looked through pages of comments.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eloher

Also:

To expand the number of women smokers Hill decided to hire Edward Bernays, who today is known as the father of public relations, to help him recruit women smokers. Bernays decided to attempt to eliminate the social taboo of women smoking in public. He gained advice from psychoanalyst A. A. Brill stated that it was normal for women to smoke because of oral fixation and said, “Today the emancipation of women has suppressed many of their feminine desires. More women now do the same work as men do. Many women bear no children; those who do bear have fewer children. Feminine traits are masked. Cigarettes, which are equated with men, become torches of freedom.”

In 1929 Bernays decided to pay women to smoke their “torches of freedom” as they walked in the Easter Sunday Parade in New York. 1923 women only purchased 5% of cigarettes sold, in 1929 it increased to 12%, in 1935 the percentage of cigarettes purchased by women was 18.1%, this percentage peaked in 1965 at 33.3% and remained at this level until 1977.

Source

He was a master of the dark arts.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Glad to know others have heard of him! I also read about this in the book.
You'd think the fact that he blatantly admitted what was asked of him, it would be general knowledge.
I still get bizarre looks when I bring this up to people in conversation.
And surprise, surprise! He was a Jew.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Eloher because: Typo

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It really is strange/sad how if something terrible happens for a few generations, it becomes normalied reguardless of how insane it is.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join