It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this a potential haunting? Yes, No?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This happened some time ago. At first I dismissed it as my vivid imagination but then I had come to realize that it had to be a potential haunting. This never happens in frequence, in fact this has only happened one time. It was late during the night, I'm only 15 years old (so I am pretty chicken hearted) I was home alone, parents were out, I was cruising forums and IMing a friend when all of a sudden I hear this low, slow, and melodic whistling. My initial reaction was: "Holy Christ someone is out there, what do I do what do I do". I sat there, frozen, unable to move. I could feel the sight of something glaring at me, this whistling continued for five minutes. I had a knife at the ready, keepig it visible. Yet even while I was brandishing my knife it continued. I did not hear footsteps, or the crackling of leaves or twigs, nor the sound of a chain link fence rattling.

I was traumatised, I didn't know what to do. But for the rest of that night I sat in my room, my blade at the ready.

Here are some low quality pictures so you may see what my surroundings were like.

The Nook where the backdoor and garage door are.

From the doorway there is a straight view through the kitchen window which looks out of the backyard as you can seeit is pitch black. I hate looking out of this indow at night, for some reason it feels like someone is staring back.

Another thing that has been happening has to dowith my backdoor. Seldomnly at night I would hear the sound as if someone is pushing or pulling on the door trying to get in. I have looked outside while the porchlight is on and I have seen nothing.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Majestic12]

[edit on 27-9-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Your house is older, Im guessing you arent the first family to live there. Judging by the woodwork Id say circa 1950 Chances are the house may not be haunted, but you are feeling impressions left by the previous owners. I woldnt worry about it too much, just try to co exist in peace. If it does become truly sinister, you may want to step up a level of protection.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Majestic I don't want you to take this the wrong way.... So I'm just going to jump right out with the probing......

1) DO you smoke pot? This can cause parnoid feelings, as you said your parents were out. Were you stoned or drunk?
Legal and Ilegal drugs count.

2)Maybe there is someone there. How big is your neighbourhood? Does it have a criminal element? Do you or your family have any enemys?

Please answer these two first, i'll think and then come up with a test method.

One of my fav's is human hair on the door knob to see if it moves.

Please don't take my questions the wrong way, just don't want you getting attacked because your looking for a more complicated answer to an easy question.

Belief is a wonderful thing, but getting hurt sucks.

Your friendly neighbourhood,

CABALX.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
First of all, no I do not ingest narcotics of any kind. I live in a quiet neighbourhood with no sort of crime. A woman here was robbed once and that was over four years ago. After I posted this thread I heard it again, fortunately my parents were here so I actually summed up the balls and went outside to check it out, no one was there yet I still heard it. It sounded like it was moving further and further away, yet I heard no signs of someone walking. Since hurricane Rita has hit us, pinecones and dried leaves are in abundance in both yards, and I heard no crackling of any kind.

Before we purchased the house, a couple lived here, and now both of them have passed away. Could this possibly be remnants of something pertaining to them?

I know the house will occaisonaly creak, but it actually sounds like SOMEONE is pulling on the door.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Before we purchased the house, a couple lived here, and now both of them have passed away. Could this possibly be remnants of something pertaining to them?

I know the house will occaisonaly creak, but it actually sounds like SOMEONE is pulling on the door.

Chances are like I said it would be an imprint left on the house by the previous owners. ( an imprint is something a person with an attachment to that object, leaves with it-IE. A ring that was worn by a murder victim, that a psychic can feel what has happened to that person, by holding it in their hands)
They may have bought that as their first house and had many fond memories in it. Think of it like this, you buy or build a dream house, that you spent many years in, and someone else is living there, you would want to know that the house is being taken care of, especially if your heart was into it. I wouldnt be alarmed, theyre just making sure the house is ok.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Very well then.

I find it more settling that I was just being visited by concerned spirits instead of armed burglars.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Very well then.

I find it more settling that I was just being visited by concerned spirits instead of armed burglars.

This may be the case, but at the end of the day one woman being robbed in four years, how meny hauntings in the area?

Please be careful, it dosn't sound like a haunting i've heard of before.

But i'm glad it's happended again, whatever it is.

Why not set up a video camara over the door for a night? Maybe point it out of the window in your pics.

CabalX

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Maybe I will. I only have one videocamera, so I suppose I will set it down somewhere. I do not know how long the batteries last in it though. I was thinking of going around with a digital camera and trying my luck in catching sight of orbs/mist.

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Trying to get some pics would be good idea.

Happy huntin Majestic.

CabalX

top topics

join