It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few personal theories on Black Holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I been reading into M-theory and It really got me thinking about Blackholes in some new ways. I came up with some theories of my own and wanted to get some imput from people here at ATS. Keep in mind im not by any means a Astrophysicist so I hope this makes sense.

I will give a quick run down on M-theory in particular the part important to my theory M-theorie's Multiverse.

M-theory

In M-theory our universe and others are created by collisions between membranes in an 11-dimensional space. Unlike the universes in the "quantum multiverse", these universes can have completely different laws of physics—anything may be possible.

M-theory

Black Holes

The laws of physics as we know them break down at a singularity. At a singularity, space and time cease to exist as we know them. We are told that at the center of a black hole the singularity point has zero volume and infinite density.

Im going to suggest a singularity infact has zero volume and zero density That might sound crazy but stay with me
Now its been suggested that a singularity tears right through the fabric of space and perhaps into another dimension. Matter that is pulled into a singularity is lost forever to our universe and can no longer interact with any thing in our universe. But the gravity of the matter sucked into the blackhole remains in our universe and can continues to interact with matter in our universe.

Now this is were im going to use M-theorie's Multiverse and suggest that matter that is sucked into a singularity travels to another dimension with different laws of physics. A dimension in which matter can exist but Gravity cannot exist.

All matter sucked in travels to that dimension and leaves our own, but the gravity of that matter has to remain in our dimension and cannot travel to that dimension. Leaving the singularity with zero matter thus zero density in our dimension but all the gravity of the matter consumed remains.

It a signularity is infact pure gravity with no matter in our dimension and that explains the zero volume.

Well thats my theory the best I can explain it. I would love peoples thoughts and opinions on it.

ShadowXIX

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That was very good, very well described. I like how people actually put time into critical thinking. Great work ShadowXIX. All your ideas seem scientifically sound to me.

For the heck of it here is my theory:

I still don't think that the singularity of a black hole can have zero volume and indefinite mass. It would have the mass of the original material of the star which collapsed to form it and the added mass of the what it has consumed. This will all be concentrated into a tiny point. It is so dense that the atoms have their electrons are right up in the nucleus. That tiny point can have the mass of millions of solar masses depending on how much material it consumed.

Also Stephen Hawking also came up with the idea that black hole evaporate and lose mass eventually. They emit a single atom once in a while. In order for this to happen the material would have to be physically still present in the universe even though it's in the black hole. If the black hole starves for a long time (we are talking 10^100 years from now, they will get brighter and brighter as they lose mass, then explode and all the consumed material will be ejected. The cycle of the universe will begin once again because by that time all the gases in the universe would have been consumed by stars and black holes. The blackhole exploding will release captured material. This explosion would be gigantic, more then anything you can imagine.

The big bang might have been a black hole from a previous universe exploding, who knows for sure. But that is my theory.

GoldEagle

[edit on 9/26/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Argh... I forgot about Hawking radiation. Those darn quantum effects get me everytime

Thanks for the great reply and imput GoldEagle
I really like the idea of a cycle of the universe. I think the Hindu religion believes that the Universe is a periodic cycle repeated over and over.

It really interesting to ponder if all mass was swallowed by a single massive black hole say in a ''big crunch'' end to the universe scenario. Would another big bang be created.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I based my theory on these new findings;
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The new imaging has determined that the Universe will continue to expand forever.

Here is where my theory comes in:

This makes no sense to me though, what will the universe be when all the gases have been consumed by stars and black holes? Will the universe just get bigger and bigger, then all the material gets spread out thinner and thinner throughout the cosmic void, then just dies out. At this time what will be still around that has significant mass and contains tremendous amounts of material... black holes. They evaporate when no more material is available to "suck" in and then they explode releasing all which they consumed in a super-massive explosion. This will replenish the universe with matter, the cycle begins again.

This means that the Universe always existed, it just undergoes cycles of inflation and deflation. It never truly began or will never end. Infinite time and space, hurts my head just thinking about it.

The universe's matter being sucked in by a super-massive black hole and then that exploding seems plausible.

Thanks ShadowXIX, you gave me something to think about
, I enjoyed this topic.

GoldEagle

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Black holes do exist in our universe, and in order to have mass, they must have matter. That's the only flaw I see in it.

Great topic, by the way!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Black holes do exist in our universe, and in order to have mass, they must have matter. That's the only flaw I see in it.

Agreed, there are some instances of super-giant stars orbiting black-holes. In order for a massive star to orbit a black hole, it [black hole] must have significant amount of mass, a greater mass then the orbiting star! The more mass it has the more gravity is present, this wouldn't happen if it was mass-less, so matter must be still present in the singularity, just extremely, densely packed.

This is a picture of a binary system consisting of a black hole and a companion super-giant. The star is getting pulled apart by tidal forces.

GoldEagle

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
How did I miss this topic?
Anyway I've heard of a few theories involving M-Theory and black holes and my favorite comes from Michio Kaku who thinks that every blackhole of sufficient mass has a corrosponding whitehole. Now he think these whiteholes are actually universes and that every time a Black hole is born a new universe is born with an Umbilical cord connecting the two. He thinks that eventually givin the right technology any leftover life in the universe as it is dying will seek out these "wormholes" to continue their life in another universe. Also he thinks that Gravity is the one true constant across all Universes. He did not elaborate on this as it was a short TV interview and who knows he might have changed his mind by now but it did strike me as rather neat.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was reading on some theories on black holes, and how they might be able to cause time travel. Although i dont really buy it.

join