It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

katrina_pets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
During the past few weeks, members and visitors have been bombarded with images and stories of the mayhem which Katrina and Rita have caused.

We have seen the best and the worst of human behaviours during this trying time. From looting to selfless sacrifice and fingerpointing to fawning praise, the threads in this board have it all laid out for our viewing.

But, every now and then something comes shining through it all...I'm talking about the pets.

www.boston.com...

Whether it's a pair of Cajuns calling dogs to their bass boat or helicopter pilots trying to round up 3 scared huskies to fly them out, it tells me what Americans are really like. I've seen soldiers shoulder their weapons and slog through chest deep sewage to rescue some-ones unfortunate pet, and THAT'S what makes me like Americans. They are, even in the most trying times, willing to go to the aid of the innocent and helpless.

www.nal.usda.gov...

As a Canadian, no matter how much I seem, on these boards, to disagree with U.S. government policy, I will forever remember the effort of individual Americans going to the aid of the people of the South, and, in particular, remember their humanity in the way they also took time to save as many pets as possible.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I always believe that a person can be judged by how they treat animals.

I delight in reading, seeing or hearing about the pet rescues, and have deep respect for those who though poor or terribly in need, refused to be plucked from rooftops without their pet(s). Proof enough to me that humans are adopted/selected by God's gentle creatures, not the other way around.

I was halfway out the door of a convenience store yesterday and noticed a picture on a newspaper that showed a man wading through chest-high water with a rather large dog slung over his shoulder, and by reflex alone, I stopped, backed up took a gander, smiled and thought what a wonderful man.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
awwww...look at this little dude

new topics

join