It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Zarqawi's Second in Command Killed in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
U.S. forces reportedly killed al-Qaeda's second in command in Iraq, Abu Azzam. He was believed to be in charge of the terror group's finances and funding terror operations across the country. Iraq's number one terrorist, al-Zarqawi, is still at large.

www.foxnews.com
U.S. Special Forces killed Al Qaeda's No. 2 terror mastermind in Iraq, Defense Department officials say.

FOX News has confirmed that Abu Azzam, who was believed to have been in charge of the financing of terrorist cells in the war-torn country, was killed during a raid in Baghdad Sunday. Azzam is thought to be the top deputy to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Iraq's most wanted terrorist.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Excellent news! Hopefully this will upset the terrorist funding network. I just hope we can get Zarqawi himself soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Why?

Everytime one dies another steps up to take his place.

Everytime we drop a bomb, kill one terrorist we run the risk in Iraq of causing more people to sign up...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh man, how many times have I read this headline?

'BLAH' IN COMMAND, KILLED AGAIN!

*Golf clap.*

Zip

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I actually thought the second in command was killed in the Tal Afar offensive. The first bombing of the insurgent meeting place hidout that was supposed to kill 50 insurgents on first reports. Then it went silent and nothing more was said. Oh well must be my mistake, they must have missed him then and got him now.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
surely the american officials who come up with this crap must be thinking

'Jee's, the public cant be this dumb.. surely we cant kill every member of his team without even having a shred of proof he exists'

Do they just walk around with a clipboard and pen, point to a dead body and go

'' yep, thats him, im sure of it, just look at that evil face of his.. Zarqawi surely must of recruited him and promoted him to 2nd in command, another mark on the file ''

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You all did notice the FOX news bit right?
Fox might as well have their scripts prepared by the federal government if they don't already.

Who cares if we kill ALL the terrorists over there?

As we kill one, 2 more step up.
We either need to set the propaganda engines to max over there and get them all to go numb and believe whatever we tell them to believe, or we need to start killing alot more people at a time.

I like the numbing technique better, it's more American.
We should take over their television channels and only broadcast :
the simpsons
family guy
futurama
that 70s show
seinfield
and fox news

They'll be Americanized within 2 weeks!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sorry guys but you can actually kill the second in command at least once a week. They just step up to bat when the one above them has gone.

Anyway great to see someone there is getting their just deserts.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure if they ever said the "#2" in Iraq was killed before, but they certainly said other lieutenants. Even if they did though, we're still making progress. Although others step up to take their place, they usually aren't as skilled or experienced as those that have been killed.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I guess, djohn. I miss real wars

We used to kill real commanders
Gains used to mean something.

Zip

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Maybe he could of told us where Al-Zarqawi gets his limb transplants and bullet removal jobs done and an actual lead could be created with someone that can actually, medically, confirm Al-Zarqawi exists!

Wouldn't that be something! Pity they killed him, ahwell, better than letting him slip away! I guess killing him will allow a big attack to be blamed of Al-Zaraqwi in a few days, they can say it was a 'revenge' attack! Brilliant.

Thou no doubt, like Bin Laden's number 2 in Pakistan who was caught a few months ago - this guy will turn out to be a nobody and just another trumped up headline with no knowledge of anything.

But none the less, a good bit of propaganda for replacing the SAS bomb plot & freeing 150 prisoner stories. Lucky we have Fox breaking news for the Defence Departments press release branch!

[edit on 27-9-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So the mythical Zaqawi loses another right arm eh?

Well, I found a picture this mythical being and it looks like these arms just keep growing back.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
juses, how many second in commands did we kill or captured already?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Geeee - I wonder if the Deah of so-called "second in command" is going to DECREASE the number of Attacks in Iraq - or do just the opposite.

Hmmmmmm...

Well if the "Journalists" at FOX NEWS tell me that - I'm a Beliver!

Amen!

Praise Jesus!

new topics

top topics

join