It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LiveScience's Special Report: Evolution & Intelligent Design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Part One - Intelligent Design: An Ambiguous Assault on Evolution

This Trojan Horse for Creationism has become very popular. But who is being duped? And what does it all mean for morality?

Part 2 - Intelligent Design: 'The Death of Science'

Intelligent design is presented as a legitimate scientific theory and an alternative to Darwinism, but a close look at the arguments shows they don't pass scientific muster. So why are scientists worried?

Part 3 - Intelligent Design: Belief Posing as Theory

As evolution takes a beating, scientists remind us of the difference between fact, theory and belief.

Part 4 - Anti-evolution Attacks on the Rise (comming tuesday 9/27 via livescience.com)

Attacks on evolution are on the rise once again in America. Learn about recent legislation in various states challenging evolution's place in the public school curriculum.

i just wanted to show you this special report on evolution and intelligent design...

if these links have been posted before, just let me know...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
here is some related news:

Opening Arguments Made in 'Intelligent Design' Court Case

i will post the link to part 4 (of the special report) when it becomes available...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Part 4 - Anti-evolution Attacks on the Rise

wow no comments???

enjoy this special report and post what you want in this thread...

EDIT:

i just found this related news:

Science vs. Intelligent Design: Trial Goes to Day 2

[edit on 27-9-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just a little update on the court case concerning creatism and intelligent design...

The concept of "intelligent design" is a form of creationism and is not based on scientific method, a professor testified Wednesday in a trial over whether the idea should be exposed to public school students in science class.

MSNBC Article

Looks like it's coming down to the "fact" that "intelligent design", etc. is not a science but mere guesswork and theories?

"As scientists go about their business, they follow a method," Pennock said. "Intelligent design wants to reject that and so it doesn't really fall within the purview of science."

Interesting...

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanx, this is good to know. Seems ID will lose this round.
Good good.....

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
thank you for your posts Gemwolf and I_AM_that_I_AM

that is all i have to say

new topics

top topics

join