It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire 101st Airborne Division Deploying to Iraq

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If there is a military build up wouldn't you beable to use the google earth to see if there is a build up on the Iraq side of things??????

Or even a build up on the Iran or Syrain side?

Just wondering? What do you guys think?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAZCowBoy
Our 101st Air Borne "hero's" were known as the killers of the TIGER DIVISION that murdered, massacred, maimed, raped and sodomized till their hearts content - the victim Vietnamese people on the Mekong Delta in the late 1970's.

See: WWW.ToledoBlade.com

Let's see what other 'infamous" acts they commit in Iraq with it's 150,000 massacred civilian's (Allegedly, 15,000 of them innocent children).

TheAZCowBoy
Tombstone, AZ.

Nice try, but your lies don't get too far with me.

The 101st was out of Vietnam by March of 1972. There were NO US Military in-country after 1975. The 101st operated in the central and northern territories and highlands. Only the Division Headquarters was located near the Mekong (Bien Hoa).

Your extremist lies about US Military action, and your extremist lies about Iraqi dead are pathetic at best.

Grow up.

cjf

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAZCowBoy
Re: There are heros and then there's hero's. (All depends what side you're fighting on).

Our 101st Air Borne "hero's" were known as the killers of the TIGER DIVISION that murdered, massacred, maimed, raped and sodomized till their hearts content - the victim Vietnamese people on the Mekong Delta in the late 1970's.

See: WWW.ToledoBlade.com

Let's see what other 'infamous" acts they commit in Iraq with it's 150,000 massacred civilian's (Allegedly, 15,000 of them innocent children).

TheAZCowBoy
Tombstone, AZ.

TheAZCowBoy

Tombstone, AZ.

Please provide more than the pathetically weak, biased (or in this case) non-directional link (for a start) which you have graciously attempted to include in support of your railing, defamatory, malicious statements ‘supposedly’ about an entire US military division.

Make a statement such as yours, back it up….and not with a minor truck load of S**T.

You have merely ‘plat formed’ and what you stated as stated is pure adulterated crap.

The Korean Marines, Tiger Division and White Horse Division were all volunteer Korean units during the Korean conflict and Viet Nam which did not cease operations until 1973. The crown prince of Korea served with the Tiger Division (there is history). The ROK Tiger Division was a left over from the 7th Calvary during the Korean conflict and later fell under the command of the ROK after armistice.

What you are attempting to speak of is an element elite formed using members from inside the 101st later to be named TIGER FORCE. The unit was made up of member elements of the 101st (as well as others) and was no more than platoon strength (later a whole 3), primarily a recon unit. Certainly not the entire frigg'in 101st you A$$.

What you have failed to mention is that crimes were alleged and members of the platoon rebelled and spoke out against said "alleged" atrocities.

If you want to tag a name, call it right.

If you want to drop a dime call the right number.

You have failed to mention the accusatory testimony against hung around Seymour Hersh and Paul Meadlo both disgruntled vets, both at odds with the CO for respective reasons.

If you want to speak of an event call it by name “My Lai” or “My Khe-4”.
(one alleged event how many years ago!)

Do not attempt to blindly interpret 'alleged' history just to blemish an entire division for acts outside their area of command or influence to make a far fetched BS point.

Medina "Not Guilty of All Charges" NY Times

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

What level was this commander on? Company, Battalion, Regiment...what??? Can you ask your friend?

[edit on 28/9/2005 by SportyMB]

Not sure I am going to get much out of them right now considering boots are probably in the sand...
And the shoot to kill reference was given to me in the context of making requests to people in confrontational matters, not in a normal day to day activities. The 101st is not in Iraq for groceries!!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
US Commander Backtracks on Iraq Withdrawal Prediction
The commanding general of U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq is backing off of a prediction he made two months ago that a substantial number of U.S. forces could be withdrawn from Iraq next year. The general made the statement after a private meeting at the U.S. Capitol with members of the Senate, some of whom were critical of what they see as a long-term U.S. commitment in Iraq. voanews.com

White House talks up Iraq war
"Our troops are ready," he said, as the US troop commitment looked set to exceed 150,000 in coming months. theaustralian.news.com.a

Well that about shoots down the idea that the 101st coming in for force protection in regards to troop reduction or rotation. The 555th combat engineers are leaving too. Still waiting to see if cavalry or mechanized units are shipping out, which would signal an invasion is being planned.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Still waiting to see if cavalry or mechanized units are shipping out, which would signal an invasion is being planned.

If you hear anything, I hope you'll update here. I'm watching this situation carefully and with heavy heart.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If you hear anything, I hope you'll update here. I'm watching this situation carefully and with heavy heart.

Oh of course you are, because they can only use soldiers for an invasion right?

If there is a military build up wouldn't you beable to use the google earth to see if there is a build up on the Iraq side of things??????

Nope, goggle earth is not updated every day, the images you see on there now were taken at least a year or more ago. Second, the resolution of goggle earth in none major areas like the desert area at Iraq’s borders are so poor that you wouldn't be able to tell what was going one there.

[edit on 29-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Oh of course you are, because they can only use soldiers for an invasion right?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think the 101 st together with other airborne elements will be parachuting behind enemy lines in a massive airborne operation.
Ive been analysing the Iran situation and playing wargames to figure out how to get Iran to its knees while keeping the oil production facilities intact.

This is the way the US is gonna do it, special forces dropped south en east of teheran at the salt dessert to prepare for the troops that will be joining them from afghanistan to put pressure on teheran, and futher south a massive airborne(including alot of airlifted tanks and attack helikopters)army to control kuhrudpass and crossroads there.
At the same time an amphibious landing at several places on the gulf of oman to secure oil fields in the region.

This of course will be accompanied by a massive airforce that will pound all iranian troops in the teherean arrea to prevent them from from counterattacking, and precision bombings on key targets and communication centers etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Seems a bit of an overkill for just police actions.

I don't thnk that anyone thinks that they are merely there for regular police actions. They are there for major anti-insurgency offesives and for creating more of a militant pressence in the country so as to stabilize it, which is what people have been screaming for.

[edited to correct quote attribution -nygdan]

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
They are there for major anti-insurgency offesives and for creating more of a militant pressence in the country so as to stabilize it, which is what people have been screaming for.

Ya think? It's been one boondoggle after another trying to keep this war politically correct for the masses and I just have a hard time swallowing they have gotten hardcore all of a sudden. Something else is afoot besides 101st running a counter-insurgency plan and it's not IED's.

Maybe the Sunni's are ready to wage a civil war and on that note:

Gen. George Casey, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, predicted in March and July "fairly substantial" reductions in U.S. troops next spring and summer that Pentagon officials said meant perhaps 20,000 to 30,000. Casey told the committee that the possibility for troops cuts in 2006 still exists. alertnet.org

"Iraqi and U.S. forces are preparing to seize five towns along the Euphrates River near the Syrian border that have fallen under the control of terrorists, an Iraqi official said yesterday."

"In the five towns now under insurgent control, a ruthless Taliban-style regime has been imposed, a U.S. Marine commander told an embedded American reporter." washtimes.com

[edit on 30-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So it's police action then, not police training? Your discussion put me to mind of Bernie Kerik...

Following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Kerik served from May to September 2003 as Iraq’s interim Minister of Interior where he oversaw the training of the new Iraqi police force.

Stun guns, anyone?

Today's headline:

U.S. Launches Offensive in Iraqi Village
About 1,000 U.S. Troops Launch Offensive in Small Iraqi Village of Sadah, Looking for Insurgents
By MOHAMMED BARAKAT
The Associated Press

Oct. 1, 2005 - About 1,000 U.S. troops, backed by attack helicopters, swarmed into a tiny Iraqi village near the Syrian border Saturday in an offensive aimed at rooting out fighters from al-Qaida in Iraq, the country's most feared militant group, the military said.

The assault, the latest in a series of major operations this year by U.S. forces in the heartland of the Sunni-led insurgency, targeted the village of Sadah, which the military said was a base for al-Qaida militants and foreign fighters entering from Syria.

Al-Qaida in Iraq has declared "all-out war" on Shiites, and since a Shiite-majority government took power in Iraq on April 28, suicide bombers have killed at least 1,345 people, according to an Associated Press count.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Does anyone no which unit of the 101st Airborne Sgt Duane Harris is assigned to?

TSgt. S. Beasley, U.S.A.F. (Ret.)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join