It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
I think it was the only time I have gotten a clear sign anytime I prayed. Most of the time i ask for a million dollars or something. what do you think it means?

It maybe that It really was a coincidence or maybe that praying for material wealth is
a no no.
If you think you've got a gift there, start a thread up asking for people's views.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Actually, on a much more serious note, I'd have to go with the theory of the children being Flemmish, getting lost in the woods, and somehow ending up in Woolwood, France - their journey through the woods, in effect, starving them, giving them the symptoms of a person with anorexia, including the groth of soft down hair all over their bodies, which occassionally takes on a greenish hue.

lost in the woods? if they had hands and lived there for a long period they would be able to climb trees and have a sky! "a place with no sky" ????????

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IWONDER

Actually, on a much more serious note, I'd have to go with the theory of the children being Flemmish, getting lost in the woods, and somehow ending up in Woolwood, France - their journey through the woods, in effect, starving them, giving them the symptoms of a person with anorexia, including the groth of soft down hair all over their bodies, which occassionally takes on a greenish hue.

lost in the woods? if they had hands and lived there for a long period they would be able to climb trees and have a sky! "a place with no sky" ????????

Yeah! apparently one of the tales says that the children said they came from a world where the 'sky' was a roof of a huge cavern and that they had never seen the blue sky.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So how could they grow anything down there and live?That girl said that there were churches in her land. did jesus go down there and preach to??

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
So how could they grow anything down there and live?That girl said that there were churches in her land. did jesus go down there and preach to??

Hah now, there's a thing.
It may be that has 'stuff' was added to the tale, the logic of it all may have got lost.
I seem to remember something about the 'cavern roof' being a translucent color,

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well, like I said, there are people in the Andes mountains with blue skin due to the lack of blood flow. I also believe there's some politician with blue skin in like montana, somewhere in the west. We also had those polar bear pictures. So if humans can turn blue, surely there's a way for them to turn green.

I'm not sure this is quite right. Blue people are caused from an enzyme deficiency. I couldn't find any mention of blue Andes people when I googled. However, I do know for a fact that there have been blue people where I live here in NE Tennessee. Their descendants still live here. Years ago, 2 people married who were from very different ethnic backgrouns (I think it was Dutch and Inuit but not sure). This caused a very rare condition called methanoglobinemia in which there is an enzyme missing, resulting in blue skin; not just lightly tinged but downright blue. They lived here quietly in the backwoods for many generations not wishing to be seen for obvious reasons. Finally back in the 1960's a doctor stumbled upon these folks and realized what the problem was. They could take a supplement and be normal color. They were known as being extremely healthy.

Google: blue people

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Whoops, sorry about the above post; the first paragraph is a quote from an earlier post. I'm still working on the quote thingie.

The rest of it are my own words.
- Forestlady

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Well, like I said, there are people in the Andes mountains with blue skin due to the lack of blood flow. I also believe there's some politician with blue skin in like montana, somewhere in the west. We also had those polar bear pictures. So if humans can turn blue, surely there's a way for them to turn green.

I'm not sure this is quite right. Blue people are caused from an enzyme deficiency. I couldn't find any mention of blue Andes people when I googled. However, I do know for a fact that there have been blue people where I live here in NE Tennessee. Their descendants still live here. Years ago, 2 people married who were from very different ethnic backgrouns (I think it was Dutch and Inuit but not sure). This caused a very rare condition called methanoglobinemia in which there is an enzyme missing, resulting in blue skin; not just lightly tinged but downright blue. They lived here quietly in the backwoods for many generations not wishing to be seen for obvious reasons. Finally back in the 1960's a doctor stumbled upon these folks and realized what the problem was. They could take a supplement and be normal color. They were known as being extremely healthy.

Google: blue people

I know what you mean about the blue people, but we're dealing with a small village in drudgery/poverty-trapped England, there seems to be know evidence of any other green people stumbling onto the stage.
I understand from the tale that the 'greeness' left the kids as the aged, but like I've said earlier, it may have been a 'farie' additive to spice up the yarn.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
They made green pigs.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Someday in the future there might be a pill you can take to make yourself green.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned earlier...
But if the green skin is due to malnourishment...
Do the poverty stricken (starving) children of today suffer from green skin??
Shouldn't it be that simple to look at that.....I'm sure there are scientific experiments or evidence that can prove or disprove that.....Does anyone know of any evidence that says malnourishment can lead to skin turning green??
*Maybe....it was just an exaggeration to make the story more exciting...

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
that becuase these kids were aliens. The enzymes in our food made the green go away. how else would the girl say that everybody in her land was green.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Does anybody else find this story a bit strange....?

The people back then were extremely superstitious, especially in England, and condemned anything out of the ordinary. Hundreds of people were accused of witchcraft, and even King John (who ruled from 1199 to 1216) was accused of being a werewolf. Doesn't it seem a bit strange that these village people in the story would accept these green children into their homes without any hesitation? They even baptized them and raised them as their own children...

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i have thought about it. And wondered why weren't there more visitors to this village. it doesn't make sense why they(villaigers) accepted something unusual like that. when they should have burned these kids at the stake for being satans spawn.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Weird, I never thought about that before. It makes sense though. They killed just about anything for little or no reason at all, but magical green fairy children are no problem at all. Good post.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Gotta be a fake story. how else will it be the lore of a small town only. if there really were green kids then there would be a entire tourist industry built around them, and they wuld be freaks.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
when the girl got asked about her home land she said:
"by the excessive light of the sun, and the unusual temperature of the air; and they thus lay for a long time. Being terrified by the noise of those who came on them, they wished to fly, but they could not find the entrance of the cavern before they were caught."

wtf wished to fly? she mean wished she had her UFO? k, green kids that cant talk... ALIENS, if the dulce airbase employee story is real (look it up on ATS, GOOGLE, anywhere) then the aliens can grow human skin and walk amoung us.. thats what has been said A #load on these forums.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They could mean fly though as in the old term to just escape. Not necessarily sprouting wings or anything, just getting away.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So we have eliminated malnutrition as a cause of thier green skin.
The kids got sick from eating our foods. I tend to speculate that they were not human.Did you know that the girl who got married did not have kids. why is that? becuase the green people are genetically incompatable with humans.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The green could be a combination of several things... maybe it was genetics and starvation.

I personally have never heard of green people, but I have heard of people having a blueish tint to there skin. In Kentucky, there was a family/ families that were known for this characteristic.

en.wikipedia.org...

While in Kentucky, it was recorded in the 1950's in a family that had some "close" family ties to one another, so it was simply a genetic component. The blue color of people has also been documented all over the world for a variety of reasons.

Something else that I would like to make known... is that for a long time linguistically there was no difference in the colors of blue and green. Now depending on time frame of the originally story, it could have literally been a misunderstanding. They may have been, green, blue or even gray.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just thought that I would throw some of this into the mix...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I haven't seen any green people, but I HAVE seen a blue person.

ABC News: Blue Man Seeks Acceptance

[edit on 3/2/2008 by MrAndy]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join