Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NEWS: Cindy Sheehan Under Arrest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If they aren't going to do anything but sit there then can she and her hippie friends take their protest down to Louisiana and Mississippi and help clean stuff up. Don't these people work??? She is probably is a money machine right now from donations. I would love to have my job be sitting around and then crowd surfing with the police (at least that is what the picture looked like).

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
"Media whore" or not, I don't have any problems with her.
I have little doubt her outrage over her son's death is genuine.
She did not start out as some professional political activist, she started out as an ordinary housewife whose son was sent to a foreign country to die for no damn good reason.

Too little too late, if she was really concerned about her sons safety she wouldn't of let him go die in some god forsaken country.

That's exactly why she has become such an effective rallying figure for opposition to the war, and that is exactly why the far right hates her so much. Until now, no single person has been identifiable with the ever-growing opposition to this futile war. Now, like it or not, Cindy is it.

She is no rallying figure. She is a temporary media figure, a flah in the pan, who is being used to illustrate how "kooky" the anti war crowd really is. From one look at the sheite eating grin on her face whilst being arrested, I would wager she knows it and has no problem whatsoever with that fact.

Perhaps she could of been a symbol of the anti war effort, that time is long past though. Now, she is nothing more than a symbol of the typical complacent and greedy American citizen who couldn't care less what her elected government does, until it affects them personally...
( I am reminded of George Carlin and his N.I.M.B.Y. theory)

When iraqi children were dying by the thousands in precision guided "smart bomb" attacks she couldn't have cared less. Now that her son is dead though, now it is supposed to matter?

Please

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
it seems this focus of the protest has become more about her then the rest of thousands of people who showed up

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

it seems this focus of the protest has become more about her then the rest of thousands of people who showed up

What relevance could that possibly have?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleplane

Which actually tends to be the case wherever she shows her ugly mug....nice to see I am not the only one who notices this. This is exactly why I said I would not be surprised to find out that she was a government sponsored provocateur.

First you put someone on screen that all grieving mothers can identify with, then you let the cat out of the bag, and start with rumours of selfish intent. Mix this with the cold hard facts that she sent her son off to war, and you get a pretty familiar situation with many families around the country.

Despite their legitimate grief for the loss of their children, the fact remains that they were their children to take care of. Just like Cindy, every parent who allowed their child to go off and die in an illegal war is ultimately responsible. No matter the lies, no matter what the case might be.

She is nothing more than another way for BushCo. to drum the same empty speech of "staying the course". After all, who wants to end up like Cindy? No one wants to admit that they allowed their child to go off and die for no good reason.

We must stay the course, lest all America's parents end up like Cindy; Childless, for no good reason. Hey, at least if we accomplish something, then all would not have been in vain right?

[edit on 26-9-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think a movement is empty without a leader of current and international fame.
The 300,000 who descended on DC this past weekend were primarily faceless and did not have a 'personality'.
When Cindy Sheehan got arrested, the protesters became 'humanly identifyable' in that they are now in possession of a leader.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Quite Possibly The Longest Fifteen Minutes In U.S. History

The previous record was held by Ray Jay “Johnny” Johnson.

The argument that Cindy Sheehan is a “grieving mother” is wearing thin. This was never about her son, and always about herself.

As Judge Judy so aptly puts it, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. This is nothing more nor less than partisan grandstanding, personal promotion and self-centered vainglory.

Mrs. Sheehan's son is not alive to rebut his mother's claims, but the nature of his actions right up to the moment of his death speak louder than his mother's words ever will, and some of us are bothering to remember that.

His name doesn't even appear in the source article for this thread.

This whole sordid and disgusting display isn't about him, or the war. It never has been.

This is about Cindy Sheehan, and frankly, I had seen more than enough of her months ago.

She has offered nothing but vitriol and hatred in her time in the spotlight, and we may know a tree by the fruit it bears.

Instead of honoring the decision her son made, she chooses to ridicule and belittle it. I pray my mother would never be so calloused about my own military service. It is not a choice any son makes lightly.

Thankfully, I am not cursed by the same ghoulish specter which now haunts the memory of Casey Sheehan in the world media, using his own grave as a platform to denounce everything he fought and died to uphold.

Some memorial. I would prefer an unmarked grave.

Now she seeks to “rally public support for her cause” by cynically staging her own arrest. While I don't agree with Grady's choice of words, he is absolutely right about Cindy Sheehan.

The only real “cause” here is spectacle for spectacle's sake, and I'm not moved by it whatsoever, except to point out the shameful, disgusting fallacy of it all. :shk:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Look everybody!

It's those treasonous, terrorist loving WHORES who actually fought in this war, put their lives on the line, survived it, and now support the very same evil doing terrorists like Cindy Sheehan.

Hopefully one of them will sit on a sidewalk!.. then we'll get em right?

[edit on 26-9-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
she made her point and after police warned her yes she had to go because she made her point.
the police is right she was making a veloni she was comitting a crime by law made by the founding fathers of the US and the Us Constition. laws made by people sworn in to protect serve and do the best chosen by the people for the people making laws by the constitution for the constitution and there for it is for the people. Laws are there not to be broken only sometimes to be bend but not to be broken.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
She was one of the keynote speakers at a rally that attracted hundreds of thousands of people. They were not aiding and abetting the enemy, they were standing up for what THEY believe in. Holding a dissenting viewpoint is not treason or even unnatural.

What makes me laugh is the screaming moral outrage of somewho act as if Ms Sheehan has personally stabbed them in the heart.

Without dissidents there is seldom change.

So quit yer faux outrage.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Majic

While your title "Quite Possibly The Longest Fifteen Minutes In U.S. History" made me laugh, I was sobered very quickly by your litany of unsubstantiated opinions.

Prove to me your assertions about her. Otherwise, it is still just your opinion.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Too little too late, if she was really concerned about her sons safety she wouldn't of let him go die in some god forsaken country.

It's not a matter of "letting" him go. Maybe HE wanted to go. Maybe he enlisted earlier and was forced to go by the gov't. I have a friend whose cousin enlisted before the war. He is now in the Middle East. His whole family wants him to come home, away from the danger, but you know what. HE WANTS TO BE THERE! His family didn't let him go.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That does it! Now Hollywood will have to make a movie out of her story. the only question left is will it be a made-for-TV or go straight to DVD? And oh, who will play the lead?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
What Cindy fails to realize (or accept) is that her son volunteered to join the Army. Every soldier goes there willingly. Every soldier knows there is a risk of being killed, especially in a combat arms MOS.

She has absolutely no ground to stand on.

You're totally ignoring what the executive government's responsiblity is when using the military. Sure, the person may have volunteered, but they volunteered to DEFEND THE COUNTRY. Invading a sovereign country which was barely a threat in comparison to others like North Korea or Iran is not in defense of the country, nor in good interest. The government has a RESPONSIBILITY to respect the armed forces with the courtesy of keeping them out of unnecessary harm's way. They did not.

In other words, Cindy Sheehan has every right and reason in the world to protest, and she should. As for her being a media whore, do you people honestly think she's a cold manipulator like that? Logic is useful, but you seem to have trouble using it.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by iceofspades]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I never knew sitting on a sidewalk was something people get arrested for.
I'm sure the cops knew what they were doing and went out of their way to arrest her.

This is the SAME LAW that is routinely used to throw anti-abortion demonstrators in jail.

Unlike Sheehan, abortion protesters are routinely denied bail. It all depends on whether the camera likes you (and your screed) I guess.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I would like very much to live in an America where aiding and abetting the enemy is an offense punishable by death. Alas, those days seem to be gone and we have those who drag through mud the sacrifices of those who protect their right to sedition.

I suppose I see things differently than you. I am no fan of Sheehan, but I don't see her "aiding and abetting the enemy". "HANOI" JANE FONDA did that in Viet Nam.
Personally, I think Sheehan had something heartfelt to say in the beginning, before she became addicted to the spotlight. A person simply has to respect their kids and the decisions they make, even if it means volunteering for the Military, or you fail as a Parent. Ms. Sheehan's actions of late show a disrespect for her son's chosen life. Perhaps I should say nothing, but, I have wondered if her son saw Military Service as an escape from home.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
So quit yer faux outrage.

Faux outrage?

I feel my outrage at her is perfectly legitimate. She was no where three years ago. She had nothing to say. she did not care who died.

Let's imagine for one second that this is not grandstanding, and that she is in fact genuinely grieved. Does that change the fact that she did nothing until her son died? Does that change the fact that she couldn't of cared less when it was other peoples children who were suffering, and quite possibly even at her sons hands?

No, it did not matter! So I see no need for her sons death to matter to me or anyone else for that matter! He did what he thought was right, as did she. Now that she regrets her, and her sons ill-informed decisions, we are supposed to all of a sudden have compassion? Please!

NIMBY
NOT IN MY BACK YARD!

Unfortunately that's the only time most Americans care about anything...when it touches their backyard! Well guess what? Start caring about those outside yourself, and perhaps, people other than yourself will care about your situation. Cindy never did that, which is why no one really cares about her.

She is not the face of the anti war movement, never was, and never will be. The face of the anti war movement was masked years before any of this happened. Unfortunately too many were busy with their internet stocks to pay attention...

Edit: Removed distaseful images and content.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seems to me GradPhipott is just bent out of shape because it seems that there are alot of people out there remember Casey Sheehan's name and several hundred thousand of em showed up to protest bushes splendid little war and only a couple thousand showed up to support it.

By the way Grady...however much or little you or anyone else has invested in this country should never be considered a bellweather to their patriotism or an excuse to spout such hateful reteoric....whether you know it or not and whether we have ever achieved it or not, America's ideals are higher than that.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
man..

Don't you just love democracy?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That does it! Now Hollywood will have to make a movie out of her story. the only question left is will it be a made-for-TV or go straight to DVD? And oh, who will play the lead?

Roseanne Barr with her hair a different color...whatever color Cindy's is. Roseanne has that annoying presence to her. It would be perfect.

In a serious note...I would bet the house that someone seriously does a show on it. MArtha has her made for TV already, where is Cindy's??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join