It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cindy Sheehan Under Arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Cindy Sheehan is under arrest in Washington DC. Sheehan and other protesters were sitting on the side walk where they were warned by police that they were breaking the law, and were told to leave.
After the protesters failed to move the police started to make arrests. Sheehan, was the first taken into custody

abcnews.go.com
WASHINGTON - Cindy Sheehan, the California woman who has used her son's death in Iraq to spur the anti-war movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, "The whole world is watching."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe now the protests will receive the media attention they have not been getting.
The arrest of Sheehan in Washington will only make her a martyr to her followers, probably not the smartest move made the the police.

Related News Links:
www.kwtx.com
fpiarticle.blogspot.com
www.wsws.org
www.wsws.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: 300,000 Protest Against War In Iraq
DC Protest - Where's the Media Coverage?

[edit on 26/9/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
She's a traitorous media whore and she deserves to be arrested when she breaks the law. Anyone who uses the noble sacrifice of a child to further his own cheap, political agenda deserves the death penalty, not just a few hours in jail and a misdemeanor charge. Shame on her and anyone who defends this seditious, professional "grieving mother."

[edit on 2005/9/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I never knew sitting on a sidewalk was something people get arrested for.
I'm sure the cops knew what they were doing and went out of their way to arrest her.
Bad karma on that move, imo...leaving her alone would have been much smarter.
We'll see how the world takes note now...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Cindy Sheehan is under arrest in Washington DC. Sheehan and other protesters were sitting on the side walk where they were warned by police they were breaking the law.
After the protesters failed to move the police started to make arrests.

Best news I have read in a long time. What does this make two arrests in the last week? They got her pegged for sure.

To the other individual wondering why she could be arrested it is called loitering, she was asked to move and failed to do so.

[edit on 9/26/2005 by shots]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This was obviously staged, she wanted to get arrested to get more attention. The D.C. cops warned her three times she was breaking the law but still didn't move.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

She's a traitorous media whore... Anyone who uses the noble sacrifice of a child to further his own cheap potical agenda deserves the death penalty, not just a few hours in jail and a misdemeanor charge.

Yeah, I want to live in your version of America...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I never knew sitting on a sidewalk was something people get arrested for.

Obstructing a sidewalk is an offense in most jurisdictions. It is, however, often used to arrests such nuisances as prostitutes and protesters. In this case, Sheehan fits both descriptions.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Did anyone other then myself notice she played 2nd fiddle during this peace march. The Media gave her very little if any recognition other then saying she would be there.

Originally she had herself billed the top of the star attraction and as it turned out she was not.

Goes to show you even those wanting peace no longer really care to have her as their head star.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Yeah, I want to live in your version of America...

I would like very much to live in an America where aiding and abetting the enemy is an offense punishable by death. Alas, those days seem to be gone and we have those who drag through mud the sacrifices of those who protect their right to sedition.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Having an opposing view of the war is hardly "aiding and abetting the enemy "....

df1

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

GradyPhilpott
She's a traitorous media whore and she deserves to be arrested when she breaks the law. Anyone who uses the noble sacrifice of a child to further his own cheap potical agenda deserves the death penalty, not just a few hours in jail and a misdemeanor charge. Shame on her and anyone who defends this seditious, professional "grieving mother."

Give me a freaking break. Cindy Sheehan is exercising her right to the freedom speech guaranteed in the bill of rights. Passing despicable laws intended to suppress the freedom of speech should be considered vile and disgusting to anyone that calls themself an american. They did this crap at the political conventions by herding people into fenced pens surrounded by jack booted police and called them "free speech zones". What the hell good is freedom of speech if you are forced into places where no one will hear what you have to say? Anyone that supports this draconian suppression of the freedom of speech is a cowardly traitor that does not comprehend meaning of patriotism and is wiping thier bottom with the american flag for the sake of a political ideology.

Grady you are a disgrace to everything that is american.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sheehan has gone far beyond the "opposing view" stage and has become an agent of the enemy.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that she said she wouldn't have even supported WWII. If she was in control then we'd all be speaking German or Japanese.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Look at me! Look at me!

This is nothing more then a pathetic stunt orchestrated to grab back the attention. She, along with several others, sat down on the sidewalk and refused to move after they relized their march wasn't going anywhere. She was warned, and then removed. And by judging from the picture, and her facial expression, being removed was exactly what she wanted.

[edit on 9/26/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
She has gone so far over the edge that Hillary won't come anywhere near her because she is a dangerous loon. hers isn't simply an opposing view on the war, hers is one that is beyond credible and well beyond the scope of the war and her son's death.
Should she be hung for treason? Ah, I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Would I give her the media attention she craves, with the associated fame? Nope. None whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the pic QuietSoul! Could she possibly have a bigger smile on her face? I never saw anyone so happy to be dragged away by the police!

link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
She's a traitorous media whore and she deserves to be arrested when she breaks the law. Anyone who uses the noble sacrifice of a child to further his own cheap, political agenda deserves the death penalty, not just a few hours in jail and a misdemeanor charge. Shame on her and anyone who defends this seditious, professional "grieving mother."

[edit on 2005/9/26 by GradyPhilpott]

Jesus, Grady!!! How would you feel if it was your son/daughter who took a bullet between the eyes, in a war predicated on a lie? Let her protest. So what? At least she has the right to.

Im sure you would feel a whole lot different if your kid was killed. I have voted you for the TWAT, at least 5 or 6 times, and even once started a thread about why I thought you should be a mod. I actaully respected you, but this is rediculous.

Have some respect, if not for anything else, a grieving MOTHER !! I can only hope you have the joy of identifing one of your kids in the morgue, so we can all yell at you. Jerk.

link   

Would I give her the media attention she craves, with the associated fame? Nope. None whatsoever.

Problem is, our short-sighted media will see this and jump all over it. Just look around on the net at the various news sources.. they're already gobbling this up..

Sheehan arrested, newest "in" news for the week.

All eyes will now be diverted from the hurricanes, and onto the protests for weeks to come... Exactly what they wanted when they orchestrated this sit-down.

It's gonna be Crawford 2.0.. except this time.. more people and more cameras.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Where's your source, djohnsto77?

I could not find such a reference. But I did find this...which is equally ridiculous.

Bush compares Iraq war to WWII

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So what now? Only clips about how happy everyone is to go off an die in this STUPID ASS war is allowed? You know, some people smile when they are nervous. I dont understand, why all the hate. I mean, her son, that she raised, kissed on cheek goodbye, was returned to her in a body bag. Id be hurt/pissed and out of my mind to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join