It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek Series for 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
wiki my friend en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Oh I thought it was a botched reference to Hichthikers lol My Apologies.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread, I ust say, so many opinions.
I never knew so many people wtchd StarTrek.

Anyways, since other people are doing it.....

Voyager was my favorite StarTrek series, DS9 was good sometimes, TNG was boring, Enterprise was 80% ok in my book, and the theme song was good, first one to have words, incidentally, I downloaded the theme song, so I can hear it whenever I want, but thats off topic.

I want to know, just like I'm sure everyone else here wants to know, when and what the next StarTrek will be.

I did see a design for a mega ship on a StarTrek website awhile back, big MoFo, was capable of carrying 3 Galaxy class starships.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
iori_komei, you are not a typical fan lol. TNG was the most popular in terms of viewership I believe. And anyway the future of Star Trek maybe closer then we think, in 2007 a MMO will be released. Here are the links.

pc.ign.com...

www.startrek.perpetual.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
TNG was the only series I really liked. I couldn't get into Voyager at all. I liked enterprise enough to watch it if I found it flipping channels.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Liked the Enterprise episode when they explained how the Klingons diverged in head shape even if it was a bit late after using the "imperial" or bumpy headed Klingons from the beginning. Series just didn't grab me. Thought the "crew" just wasn't integrated, like they only showed up once a week to work together. Story ideas were a bit weak as well, just lacked the humanity that seemed to shine through in all the other series most of the time.

Hope there is another there are so many fan fictions out there they could take their pick of ideas for stories.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
hope a serie about the great war / conflict between the borg and the federation. the one of which was spoken of in one of the end episodes of st voyager.

or a serie about the time war .. with the enterprise from the future which we did see in one of the episodes of st enterprise.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Two Star Trek series I hated with a passion: 1) DS9 2) Enterprise.

Of course, DS9 had some great episodes, however it never appealed to my tastes. And Enterprise?! If felt more like a spin off of Sea Quest then Star Trek. (Just my opinion.)

But the idea of the new show? Wow, great! I heard that Star Trek was pretty much "dead" in the water and sinking. I'm glad my favorite franchise of all time is still afloat!

I can't wait for the new series. Hopefully they won't make it to outlandish and stick with the standard "Nemesis" uniforms and weapons. (No need to create a whole new wardrobe design IMO.)

I'm going off to game some Bridge Commander!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
For a new series to work, Star Trek has got to lean more towards Battlestar Galactica and Farscape for guidance. It needs to become real, gritty, and linear, as it has never done before. We need to see blood, the pain, and the suffering. We need to see the sex. We need to see the darkness of space and the evolution of people under these conditions.

Mixing the established universe of Star Trek with the three-dimensions of reality would totally refresh the genre. It would make one hell of a series. Who agrees?

[edit on 15-12-2005 by iceofspades]

I don't know about leaning towards Farscape. I agree with you with pretty much everything except: Poor ol' Farscape (I did enjoy, by the way) didn't last long even in syndication.

I'm glad that the 2 characters from farscape: Ben Browden and Claudia Black are now with StarGate SG1.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
DS9was Awesome

Where did we end off in the Star Trek storyverse, it must be when voyager returned home. I miss ST on television. Any ST, is better than no ST.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by Amelie]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Voyager is my all time favourite, but in it's day I loved the original series with Kirk too. DS9 was like a TV Soap in space for me and STNG was too bland. Oh yeah and Enterprise ... How dull.

or a new series to work, Star Trek has got to lean more towards Battlestar Galactica and Farscape for guidance. It needs to become real, gritty, and linear, as it has never done before.

Well I think Voyager came close. They really need to recruit some British script writers, because UK TV serials usually have far more credible character development.

PS have any of our American cousins ever seen Blake's 7 ???

[edit on 14-6-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
TOS is the standard for all Trek series. Only TNG came close to being as good. It certainly was not better. If the new ship doesn't look like the Enterprise, then it won't be Star Trek. It will just be another scifi show.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
googled USS Excellent :

gioco.net...

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If they call it USS Excellent then it may not even be a licensed version...

How interesting ?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Woohoo!

I'm so glad the star wars legacy didn't end with the utterly disappointing Star Trek Enterprise!

HEY!!!
Enterprise was a good show

Anyway, will it be a whole new captain, or one of the current captains? Star Trek captains

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join