It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Trek Series for 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Has anybody heard of this?

Has something to do with the return of the Federation after the cataclysmic events of STTNG in end game.

Supposed to be complete with new threat called Saa'dattan.

Rick Berman- This series is the one the fans have been waiting for! It is going to breath life back into the Star Trek phenomenon.

Will try to locate the link.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Woohoo!

I'm so glad the star wars legacy didn't end with the utterly disappointing Star Trek Enterprise!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just could not get into Enterprise. I like some of the characters but they killed any interest I had in with the first season.

It was meant to pick up after season three, I was out after the first season.

Loved STTNG, Voyager and DS9.

Even the cowboy song at the begining "It's been a long road....aaaarrrgh!!"

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've tried googling this and nothing comes up.

Star Trek Ascension?

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hmmm, could be interesting.

I was into the original series (we knew no better, but that's the 70's for you); I really liked 'next gen', I couldn't stand DS9, liked Voyager and was very lukewarm about Enterprise (I thought the Enterprise theme music sounded like a 5th rate reo speed wagon out-take; puke-ola!)

Hopefully if it happens the good writting will be back.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Hmmm, could be interesting.

I was into the original series (we knew no better, but that's the 70's for you); I really liked 'next gen', I couldn't stand DS9, liked Voyager and was very lukewarm about Enterprise (I thought the Enterprise theme music sounded like a 5th rate reo speed wagon out-take; puke-ola!)

Hopefully if it happens the good writting will be back.

wats wrong with DS9? i loved the characters buildup and the introduction of the starships and the storylines. not to mention the Dominion war with all those ships in battles. man i missed those battles.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Found some info on this here :

www.computercrowsnest.com...

Apperently its on a new ship called the USS. Excellent.

The one exception? The USS Excellent, a new class of mega-ship that has been sent to take part in an extensive joint Federation/EC knowledge & experience exchange program.

Sounds good so far

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Mega ship eh? armed with upgrades Quantum torpedoes, abandoning the thingy little photon torpedoes. ablative shield armor. capable of slip stream which can cross the galaxy in months. about 5 kilometers long ship, sleek and organic looking. powerful long range phasers about 3 times the range than wat u saw on Enterprise that fought against the Romulan Warbird Scimitar. i could go on.
not to mention the Transphasic torpedoes used by Voyager against the Borg.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i didn't like the latest series muchly at all. It spoiled the Star Trek story for me. I adored Voyager. It is my all time favourite show. I have the boxed set of the first seasons and collecting the rest slowly. Its fantastic, the characters were so real.

Next gen was ok but disn't fascinate me the way Voyager did with 7 of 9, Kess, Janaway, Chocotay, paris, Bellana, Ensign Kim and Nelix and tuvok oh and the doctor. I especially remember the episode called Tuvix where nelix and tuvok became one. I loved them all and can watch them over and over and see new things.

i was so disappointed when Voyager ended. and totally p*ssed when enterprise replaced it...and failed...

Ds9 was ok but didn't light any fires and I still love the original series. I just finished William Shatners biography of the beginnings and all about Gene Roddenberry. it was great to see how it began.

I will watch the new series with an open mind. I would love a new series to replace or come close to Voyager. But I hope its better than enterprise and I hope it guest stars other characters created in ds9, voyager and next gen....

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't care what form it takes, I want more Star Trek.

I have enjoyed this series from it's inception, and every incarnation is better than the last.
Or in the very least, holds its own.

The first movie was a bit slow, but I think they learned a valuable lesson. They seemed to tune into their target audience a lot better after that and excite a whole new generation.

I was sorry to see Enterprise hit the chopping block, but felt it wouldn't be too long before another project was in the works.

We all know this franchise will never die.
And I for one, want to watch everything they produce.

Gene Roddenberry: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Even the cowboy song at the begining "It's been a long road....aaaarrrgh!!"

No kidding....totally got away from what Trek was about...not to mention the inevitable timeline problems...

Voyager was about the last best original twist on the Trek theme....
though you can't beat STNG....

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
wats wrong with DS9?

- Sorry mate, I just didn't like it.

I suppose partly because I thought the concept was almost lazy and not what I wanted to see.

No flash and interesting ship going exploring, this time the aliens come to the station.

OK so space stations are perfectly plausible etc etc but to me it was boring and I never stuck with it beyond a couple of shows because of this to gain an interest in the characters or plot-lines.

Maybe I missed out; don't worry, I'll survive it!

[edit on 27-9-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

Originally posted by deltaboy
wats wrong with DS9?

Maybe I missed out; don't worry, I'll survive it!

[edit on 27-9-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

Thats a shame, of all the series the most spectacular battles with the most ships occured in the final seasons of DS9. Perhaps someone here knows the episodes I am talking about?

I loved them all....except EnterprizzzZZZzzzZZZ

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
my favorite episode of DS9 was The Visitor in Season 4. Sisko disappears and Sisko's son has to deal with it. he seens Sisko appearing and disappearing. u should watch the rest but it definitely made me cry big time.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well, the DS9 Tribbles episode was of course a classic...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
Found some info on this here :

www.computercrowsnest.com...

This article is from 1999...I doubt this will be the next Star Trek.

[edit on 9/27/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
For a new series to work, Star Trek has got to lean more towards Battlestar Galactica and Farscape for guidance. It needs to become real, gritty, and linear, as it has never done before. We need to see blood, the pain, and the suffering. We need to see the sex. We need to see the darkness of space and the evolution of people under these conditions.

Mixing the established universe of Star Trek with the three-dimensions of reality would totally refresh the genre. It would make one hell of a series. Who agrees?

[edit on 15-12-2005 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Mixing the established universe of Star Trek with the three-dimensions of reality would totally refresh the genre. It would make one hell of a series. Who agrees?

I don't that wouldn't be Star Trek, it would be Star Wars. If you wanna watch more "real" Sci-Fi then watch BSG/Farscape etc. We need optimism now more then ever and if Star Trek were to re-do DS9 but darker it would kill the series permanantly.

To me Star Trek is about how Technology can make our lives better, BSG/Farscape and just about every other Sci-Fi out there does a fine job of highlighting all of our fears about the future and technology and science and even Theology. IT'S COVERED.

Let Star Trek be Star Trek please.

The more you stray from the Original Roddenberry concept the more you will alienate it's natural fanbase.

The Original Concept is about Exploring not Fighting and Conflict thus the name Star Trek.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Nah we need more character interaction and allegorys and symbolism and 47

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Nah we need more character interaction and allegorys and symbolism and 47

lol I thought it was 42
Or was that 47 from something else I'm missing?

[edit on 15-12-2005 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join