It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops use 250,000 bullets for every insurgent killed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I remember reading that the US Army used about 700 million rounds a year for training, this was before 911.
SO supposing one year everything was quiet until December when 2 terrorists are killed by the US Army. Now does this mean that it takes 350 million bullets to kill one terrorist ? I think not

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There are big lies ....little lies ....and then thier are statistics.

And then there is also Politics!!!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just a fyi for the folks that don't shoot guns as a hobby. The cost is way up and availability way down on the military calibers. Even all the surplus AK stuff is very scarce so the other side is shooting them up too.

If someone shoots a couple rounds at you and yours, you fire back with everything you have. The rounds per kill numbers are always eye opening but if it saves an American life, every round on the planet is worth expending (yeah, I'm a little biased).

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
yup, I read that whole story too BH, and thought about bringing it here, but then I spotted the NSA story and thought it was more urgent. I was just on my way back there to grab it, and saw this, hehe....You go girl!

Anyway, one thing to remember is that a good bit of that figure was ammunition used in training. But even so, it is still an amazing statistic. I suppose you saw the story on how the pentagon can't account for their umpety ump $ trillion in war spending? With statistics like these, I am starting to see why!

Perhaps most of these bullets do find intended targets, just not insurgents. I mean they hit civilians.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Senser

Yes i hope we invade iran too. We'd kick them out of this earth. After all, our military is the best in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join