It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody in the highest level of government want Bush dead?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
new s.yahoo.com/

WASHINGTON - Federal prosecutors are investigating whether a maker of bulletproof vests endangered lives, including President Bush's, by concealing potentially deadly flaws in the body armor sold to the government and police agencies.

A whistle-blower from the company, Second Chance Body Armor Inc., of Central Lake, Mich., testified this month that the Secret Service tested and bought some of the defective vests for the president and first lady Laura Bush.

The Pentagon also obtained the same armor for elite troops who guard generals, according to transcripts obtained by The Associated Press.

so wat do u think? just a scandal? or sombody planned this to make sure the President has a flawed vest that can be easily penetrated to be killed and replaced by Cheney?

mod edit to fix link code

[edit on 26-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why would Dick bother... he is already running things.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Okay no matter what the people responsible...are responsible. There should be no flaws in a bulletproof vest...that i have. So why should the president himself have less protection than me? I think it is on purpose because professional bulletproof vest makers know what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I fixed your link below, what good is a bullet proof vest, when Bush's skull would be the kill shot anyway

Originally posted by deltaboy
Fix ed your link

It is sad for real people who need this equipment. If it is defective, it shows more of the underlying fabric of the Untied States coming apart. For the Almighty dollar.

[edit on 26/9/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
...what good is a bullet proof vest, when Bush's skull would be the kill shot anyway

No you need to hit a more vunerable area then the head, like a foot, or pinky finger. There are no vulnurabilities found in Bush's head.. in fact, you would be lucky to find anything in there

sorry, couldn't reist

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The vests don't come right out of the box "defective." The material in them can wear down over time due to heat, moisture, etc. So they are apparantly effective, at least for some time. The company was made aware of this problem as far back as 1998, I believe, by the Japanese manufacturer of the bullet-proof material used in the vests. However, in what can only be described as an act of greed and coldheartedness, the company did not reveal this information to its customers until somewhere around 2003, after one police officer wearing the vest was killed and another was injured.

Even worse, the Japanese company gave them back the money they spent on the material, under the impression that the vest company would use that money to replace the defective vests that were sold to law enforcement. It appears that this company just kept the money and didn't replace the vests.

Besides the fact that the President of the United States wears these vests, they have also been worn by the First Lady, federal, state and local law enforcement, as well as elite military squads who protect high-ranking military officials.

I don't believe that there is any conspiracy here to have Bush killed. For starters, one would have to at least shoot him in order to take advantage of the defective vests. This has not happened to date. Secondly, he doesn't wear a bulletproof mask or helmet so his head is fair game for anyone who chose to shoot the man. This is simply another case of a corporation putting their own personal greed ahead of the lives of innocent people. In my book, these people are far worse than the Ken Lay's and other corrupt CEO's in the corporate world. Money can be replaced. But death is permenant. To know that this company allowed the men and women who put their lives on the line everyday to protect us both here at home and aboard, to wear defective vests just sickens me to no end.

So I disagree with the idea that there is a conspiracy here to kill Bush via a defective bullet-proof vest. I honestly pray that there is never an attempt on the man's life, or any US President for that matter, ever again. Now lets just hope that these defective vests can be quickly replaced and that those who swore to defend us get the effective equipment that they so deserve.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
its too bad it didnt happen...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Vunerability in his bulletproof vest? geez! the man is alrady vulnerable a walking liability.. Besides this is going to turn to another scandal, about info like that shouldn't be released cause you put the blah blah President life in danger, and giving in to the terrorists , blah blah u get the story

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
are these the same vest that the dod accepted knowing that they were defected for our troops to wear??? Hopefully, later, I can find that thread here and find out....
if they are, well, Bush has nothing to complain about....they're good enough for the troops!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
what type of person wishes someone dead real class

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think the company is hoping for a Second Chance

I would be more inclined to expect scandal than conspiracy to assassinate Bush. Making a flawed bulletproof vest to kill a single individual is relying a lot on many, many other unlikely factors while hanging yourself out to dry.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sauron, you're probably right......a vest, defective or otherwise, would not have helped Kennedy......it might have blocked the first shot, but not the last.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by frayed1]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ryan25

Not to mention that in this case it could land you a visit from the Secret Service. Someone got in trouble, for example, because they took a picture of a drawing of Bush, and it was tacked up--and the thumbtack was through Bush's head. I think someone at the photo developers' read a bit too much into it.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

Originally posted by ryan25

Not to mention that in this case it could land you a visit from the Secret Service. Someone got in trouble, for example, because they took a picture of a drawing of Bush, and it was tacked up--and the thumbtack was through Bush's head. I think someone at the photo developers' read a bit too much into it.

Furthermore, it shows the mentality of a lot of the "Bush Haters." As a conservative Republican, I didn't like Clinton one bit or care for too many of his policies, especially overseas. However, I never had hatred for the man and I certainly NEVER wished death upon him. It's so ironic that a lot of these people who want us out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and supposedly want peace and love, display outright and often unfounded HATRED for President Bush. It's really a sad thing to be consumed with such hate, especially for a man that most of them have never even been in the same room with.

The bottom line is that when you make comments such as wishing the death of someone who you disagree with, it completely undermines your credibility as well as the issues which you are standing and/or fighting for. It serves as a major injustice to your cause and puts you on a level no higher than the alleged "neocons" you're fighting against.

You can never honestly expect peace on Earth when you can't even make peace in your own heart, cybnetic.

As for the whole bulletproof vest situation... I really pray that those in charge of this corporation and those who had advanced knowledge of the defective products and chose to do absolutely nothing about it are held accountable. In fact, I think they should be charged with something along the lines of criminally neglegiant homicide in the cases of those who died as a result of rounds going through their vests. They gave these men and women of law enforcement and the military a false sense of security, and jeopardised not only their lives but the lives of those in the communities that these brave men and women were sworn to protect.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
The bottom line is that when you make comments such as wishing the death of someone who you disagree with, it completely undermines your credibility as well as the issues which you are standing and/or fighting for. It serves as a major injustice to your cause and puts you on a level no higher than the alleged "neocons" you're fighting against.

Boo Hoo, poor Neocons. The name Pat Robertson sound familiar?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm not following where the idea came that someone here was wishing for his death...It seems like ryan25 misinterpreted the original post, and people just ran with the idea as though it had been stated. I'm confused

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I'm not following where the idea came that someone here was wishing for his death...It seems like ryan25 misinterpreted the original post, and people just ran with the idea as though it had been stated. I'm confused

I was pointing out that people can read into it...and I gave that example.

I'm a conservative Constitution Party member and ex-Republican.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Let me make this clear for those who missed it, are dyslexic, or just plain don't understand... what Ryan25 brought up, and was disgusted by, was the statement from cybnetic which was as follows:

its too bad it didnt happen...

which very obviously meant, at least to myself, Ryan25, and others that he was disappointed that President Bush wasn't assassinated via a bullet(s) through his defective vest. I'm not going to get into any arguments over symantics or circular logic with those who choose to defend what this member said, and try to act as though he could have meant a number of other things. He didn't. What he meant was plain and simple, and I honestly hope he gets a visit from the Secret Service as well as a deep cavity search. Maybe that will teach him not to wish death on people, regardless of their political persuasions. It's a shame that he lacks the mental capacity to truly grasp the concept of his wish ever coming true again to any US President. Every assassination of a president in American history has dealt a terrible blow to the nation, one that no one should ever wish for.

Boo Hoo, poor Neocons. The name Pat Robertson sound familiar?

That comment is almost as ignorant as the other. As if Pat Robertson's dumb comment excuses one coming from the other side. A normal person wouldn't sink to the same level. Nor would a normal person condone another sinking to that level. But I guess expecting any level of normalcy from ATS members is simply a pipe dream on my part...

I hope that clears everything up so we can get back to the actual topic at hand... And just to keep this post legal for ATS, I don't think there is any government conspiracy to kill President Bush via faulty bulletproof vests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the article say that the vests can become defective over time because of heat, moisture, and other related elements? I'm sure that plays a factor for those in the field on a regular basis, such as soldiers and police officers. But President Bush, as far as I know, doesn't wear a bulletproof vest on a regular basis. And if he does, it's still not worn out in the elements for any long duration of time like it would be for the above mentioned troops/cops. I doubt the vest designated for the President is kept anywhere but under lock and key and in a climate-controlled setting. I also doubt it's used for anyone other than himself. So depending on how severe the conditions and the time period must be for these vests to really become defective, this may not even effect the President's vest at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That comment was not designed to excuse anyone. It was to point out the communal glasshouse that rightwing conservatives live in, and the stone in your hand.

new topics

top topics

join