It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H5N1 Pandemic: What Are We Looking For ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I've just heard reports that local Toronto hospitols are taking this threat very seriously. They are encoraging everyone to get their normal flu shots so that it will free up beds for the H5N1 patients when they arrive. Authorities used the word Pandemic a number of times so they are taking this seriously. How goes preparations down south?

Yes I'm hearing the samething on tv. There saying scientist are saying "not if" but "when" . I had my son to a local hosp in the summer and the nurse was about 10ft from us asking questions if we'd been out of the country ect, I asked her if we had answered yes to one of those questions what she would have done, she said she would have put on proper gear to pertect herself and taken my son to a quarentine room, then I perseeded to ask about the avian flu and she said its a plane ride away.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here something a little fun for you. When you click into this link on the far right hand side is an interactive map of the spread of common flu within the US and it's timelined spread.

flustar.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
John bull 1

Here is an excellent map showing the spread of the 1918 pandemic in the US.

Here is an excellent presentation by the National Vaccine Program Office:

Pandemic Influenza: Disease and Response Assumptions

On page 29, it makes reference to a National Plan submitted by the NVPO in the Federal Register....I'm looking for it now...

EDIT: Ok, here is an Executive Summary of the Plan.

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, found the DRAFT PLAN. And here is the ANNEX 8: STRATEGIES TO LIMIT TRANSMISSION

Here is an interesting one. ANNEX 11: LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE 1976 SWINE INFLUENZA PROGRAM

Here are the Public Comments to the plan. Great stuff!

[edit on 27-9-2005 by loam]

<< 1   >>

join