It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help on coolant methods - will only take a second to read

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
there is a useful alloy wire i am considering, neodymium-tin. It can withstand high temperatures and could possibly amplify the effect, since its a magnetic alloy wire.

hmmm.....oil......obviously it does work as it is already in use, i cant imagine how, but there is more than one type of oil......

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
another place to gander for wire and electromagnet info is speaker comapnies. The reason why i say this is cause the sub i bought has a voice coil that can withstand up to 180 degrees celcius. maybe worth looking into (shrug)

This site has a lot of great info on stearo systems (more on how they work and such) but for some reason its not up at the moment. keep on giving it a try as it has excellent information (tels you how o fix amps, em fields created, etc..)

www.eatel.net...

Joe

Good luck and keep us posted.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by scoobdude]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Ok so i need a way to cool down a machine, wires etc, that will get extremely hot (and i mean the metal gets red smokin' hot) very quickly.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Shadow88]

Would you mind telling us what this machine does? it would be very helpful to know.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Ok so i need a way to cool down a machine, wires etc, that will get extremely hot (and i mean the metal gets red smokin' hot) very quickly.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Shadow88]

Would you mind telling us what this machine does? it would be very helpful to know.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A few questions:

Is this invention of yours going to be moving or stationary?Cos if its moving then you could use air cooling.

Is there a need to enclose the whole system?Even better heat circulation would be achieved if its not enclosed.

And lastly,

Is there a maximum allowable weight for this thing.

Cos i would go with the oil insulation thingie that ben91069 thought of if there was no max weight limit...and maybe improvise it by using the air around as well, with the oil sink being aircooled from passing air or a fan.

Remember, cooling occurs faster when there is a bigger surface area exposed

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Urn

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Hoverboard

hehe...i knew it.... i instantly thought of that hoverboard thread of yours when i started reading this

sorry i can't be of any help... but best of luck with this project of yours. i'm glad to hear your still working on it

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wait.... red hot coil.... I think you've re-invented the space heater...

Seriously, you're not going to cool a red hot coil, or even a high temp coil. The temperatures have to come way down before you're going to have anything useful. The amperage is way too high for the application.

Then maybe use a huge liquid cooled heat sink. Cooling liquid on one side, and components on the other side. An aluminum plate in between would work. Lots of air flow.

The only method of cooling beyond that is to submerse the whole thing in something like a liquid nitrogen bath, which would constantly boil off, if things were too hot. (and expensive)

Good luck. Try looking up cooling methods on rail gun coils.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join