It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PTS IS WIDE OPEN FOR BUSINESS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just in case nobody noticed, PTS is WIDE OPEN with NONE of the Restrictions placed on ATS.

Have at it, but... REMEMBER, PTS ONLY DO NOT allow yourself to get "caught up" in the sniping/baiting/hijacking on ATS.

None of "that" moderation will be enforced on PTS.
Obviously, directly attacking a fellow member or breaking any of the standard "civility rules" on ATS WILL get you in the "dog house" beyond that - HAVE AT IT!

Springer...

[edit on 9-25-2005 by Springer]

[edit on 9-27-2005 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
no rules for PTS???

this could be fun...

EDIT:

no rules besides this huh:

"Obviously, directly attacking a fellow member or breaking any of the standard "civility rules" on ATS WILL get you in the "dog house" beyond that - HAVE AT IT!"

[edit on 25-9-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
no rules for PTS???

this could be fun...

WRONG... Standard netiquette still stands... see above

Springer...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
WRONG... Standard netiquette still stands... see above

Springer...

yes sir...

see my edited post...

BTW, what was the reason for the change in direction???

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
BTW, what was the reason for the change in direction???

I think that PTS is so "under-used" that the "powers that be" decided to lift a lot of the rules as sort of a "promotion" to get people to use PTS more. That how I see it anyway. I mean, what's a good political site without bashing and fighting. I mean, look at Congress for example.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
that could be true prophetmike...

well, it is true for me...

i hardly never visit PTS

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringerNone of "that" moderation will be enforced on PTS.
Obviously, directly attacking a fellow member or breaking any of the standard "civility rules" on ATS WILL get you in the "dog house" beyond that - HAVE AT IT!

Springer...

[edit on 9-25-2005 by Springer]

So it's not really any different than bts, ats but we can HAVE AT IT! OK I get it.

Why don't you change it to "if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!!"

I like the dog house analogy as you can see.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 25-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
poarch? is that like a poached porch?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ok lysegic "lets have at it" you %^*$ #$@^ $^&#*

That'll show you!!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It came to our attention that folks didn't realize this was the case all along... Probably my fault...

Oh well I've said for years here that I have "Limited mental faculties"...

Springer...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Name Of The Game

In the alt.flame USENET newsgroup, flaming is always on topic.

At politics.abovetopsecret.com, politics are always on topic.

If you want to discuss a political topic, PTS is there for you. There's even a Slug-Fest forum for those who like taking the energy up a notch or two.

On the main ATS board, political discussion is frowned upon unless it is directly related to a conspiracy or, more specifically, to a topic appropriate to the forum in which it appears.

So the way I see it is that political discussion of all kinds is welcome on PTS (unsurprisingly), while conversely, such exchanges are shunned on ATS.

According to a rumor I heard, Liberals and Neocons get extra points on PTS.*

*Members may receive applause for good posts on PTS, don't forget. Make your case with style, and the staff may well take notice. *Hint* *Hint*

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This should be interesting to watch.

So, to be straight the PTS forum has been turned back to the "mud-pit"?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
This should be interesting to watch.

So, to be straight the PTS forum has been turned back to the "mud-pit"?

Not really. I believe Springer is just clarifying in response to some grumblings of a certain fear factor to passionate expression in the political arena. That's not to say we don't expect the absolute smartest political exchanges on the Internet. We do. We've always been the among the most free outlets for diverse opinion, and political expression is no different.

But there's simply not a *no more tears * baby formula to political debate. People that engage in passionate, interesting political commentary genuinely do so quite often to be offended. To give it, get it (and occasionally) come to an enlightened mutual understanding and hug it out.

Some of my best friends are blithering idiots.
But you can't even get to know and respect somebody (much less the "other position") without a little engagement from time to time. It's worth the effort. And it's worth it to ATS to let some things work themselves out for the greater good.

The first thing someone should probably do when they feel offended by a political topic is probably try to understand why they're offended and express it. The last thing they should probably do is complain to administration. Everything in-between is on topic and good political debate.

We are watching. And do reserve the right to take it down a notch at any time (including boot you for good if it spills to ATS). But we hope freedom of political expression on a political forum isn't a problem for our members. It shouldn't be.

All the site's normal terms and conditions apply. Always have. Don't be empty, vacuous and nasty. A smile and a point goes a long way. We're just serving notice there are no thought police, wrong opinions, wrong political parties, wrong agendas or isms here on PTS as far as administration is concerned.

What other poster's think of your topics however is your problem.

FYI: I also believe there may also be some applause burning holes in people's pockets for new political topics on PTS this week. Political research topics are even better. All the other sites start and stop at innuendo. Let's dig deeper, be more creative, and more truthful than anyone, no matter how ugly it is.

Don't just deny apathy. Be passionate about politics again.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Listen to RANT, he's got it exactly right. Matter of fact, he's now the official PTS BOSS MAN. How's that for proving he's "got it" ?!

Springer...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not that I wanted to ream anyone, just wanted to be clear.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Just in case nobody noticed, PTS is WIDE OPEN with NONE of the Restrictions placed on ATS.

Have at it, but... REMEMBER, PTS ONLY DO NOT allow yourself to get "caught up" in the sniping/baiting/hijacking on ATS.

None of "that" moderation will be enforced on PTS.

Let loose the opinions and diatribe;, 2006 is neigh upon us and soon the quite visible lines will be drawn. House and Senate Seats, along with Gubernatorial Offices will be vied for. Polarization with an Emeril Lagassesque “kick it up a notch” (get your spice weasel ready
) is welcome and expected.

However, even in ancient times, a fight to the death had a rule or two.

First and foremost, members of ATS are off limits… You may despise their political party, beliefs, opinions, policies, and candidates that represent said party, but you still have to be polite regarding the ATS Member. In short, no personal attacks. A word from SimonGray regarding Staff Warnings.

The following warning which will still be administered on offending posts, and which have nothing to do with political ideology, but simply posting technique/style:

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses. This simply means you didn’t offer enough content, and does not reflect upon what the content may be.

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. This warning is pertains to the extent of previously posted material that has been incorporated into your current post, not what the content is.

ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Once again, not the preferred way for getting a point across (and a darn tootin’ good way to lose a few points). Are you just so steaming mad at a member that only a four letter word could possibly sway their opinion? I doubt it would work, and so does the rest of the world, but a well reasoned post, supported by facts, may just do the trick!
Leave the salty language to the sailors, and keep the threads of ALL ATS Forums clean.

Now there will come a time where the above guidance is disregarded by a particular member, and the temptation to “take the law into your own hands” is… Well… Tempting. Resist said temptation, and if you feel that you just can’t look at a particular thread or post one more time without a retaliating with a “post of mass destruction,” take a deep breath and use the Gripe/Idea Button. It may seem like a cop out, but it will save everyone a lot of wear and tear on the drama cog in the great ATS machine. Nothing sends coffee and donuts flying around the Staff break room like a new Gripe/Idea popping up. You will have the full attention of the Staff, and the situation will be resolved.

Last and most importantly, the Super Moderators, and Moderators of PTS are human beings (and one monkey); with opinions and beliefs of their own. Moderation within PTS (and anywhere else within the family of ATS Forums for that matter) is based solely upon the Terms & Conditions Of Use, and the current stated policy as outlined by the Administration of ATS (The Three Amigos: SimonGray, SkepticOverlord, and Springer). This means it’s not based on what we (the Super Moderators, and Moderators) think, or believe about an ATS Member’s posted content, but strictly how it conforms in relation to clearly stated and previously agreed to (by all participating members) guidelines.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, feel free to U2U myself or any other Staff Member, or use the Gripe/Idea button and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Thanks for your attention, Mirthful Me, PTS Moderator for the Conservative, Liberal, and Moderate Forums.

Political Monkeys, not just for poo flinging anymore…

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

...things are about to warm up

(well, i hope not)

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
For the most part I avoid talking politics, but I hold some very strong political beliefs and convictions.
I think I shy away because of a lack of knowledge in the subject, but that doesn't seem to hold back some of the other members.

I've made several forays into PTS in the past, and this thread has given me permission to start expressing myself in a more honest and forthright way.

I'm starting here:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks, I'll see you around PTS..........

Edit to add: Thanks RANT, always appreciated.

[edit on 27/9/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

...things are about to warm up

(well, i hope not)

I disagree, the quality of posting there has gotten better recently imo. Man, we have great members.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I disagree, the quality of posting there has gotten better recently imo. Man, we have great members.

I do try...

I would agree though, PTS has slowly began to get more posts over the last few months. In fact, I have watched a slow but steady increase in its activity since I joined and a lot of that has to go down to the staff putting the posts in the right place.

If we build it, they will come.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join