It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran re-engineered BMP-2

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
good news and it can be very effective at times of war, were known to re-engineer most of soviet union tech or make things similar to them.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Good news to the Iranians, not good news to the Russians. The Iranians are turing into the Chinese. They are copying everything.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good news, I have always been a fan of the BMP family, Often referred to as the Bump

So what is upgraded?

NR

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments ground_zero and jetsetter, setter i dont think its bad for the russians because we do as you said mostly military cooperation with Russia and China and we copy because we have the technology and capability to do so.

Specs: crew will be 3 , we were going to put a 23mm automatic gun but sticked to the original and equiped 30mm, night sight is also equiped with it along with laser fire control system and thermal sights , ATGM is not equiped because we already made one similar to it and i'm guessing it will run on 300-hp diesel. The armour itself is already good since we make ceramic parts/balls arranged in a matrix in a casted aluminium plate, sandwiched by rather thin front and back plates made of welded steel in the APC add-on armour configuration. Additional to this, it was shown that we are now capable of creating 5cm thick welded steel plates.

Heres the same versian but this time our own ATGM tube attached to it and firing TOOPHAN 2.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by NR]

[edit on 26-9-2005 by NR]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
BMP 2 = BMW or bemari in Finnish military slang..
cramped, uncomfortable, noisy....
have they re-engineered the rear doors?
since the original uses rear doors as fueltanks, one AT round at the back and the troops inside burn alive....

top topics

join