It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abydos Temple Hieroglyphics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The image posted by Nygdan is a relief from the palace of Ashur-nasir-pal II at Nimrud (northwest palace)

www.edwardtbabinski.us...

The reason the picture is “out of context” is that the site has been looted, ‘excavated’ and bombed (91-92 Gulf War) and there is not much of the site left.

www.learningsites.com...

www.learningsites.com...

(the learningsite has a virtual tour of the palace, but you need some special software to see it, which I have not tried to download…)

I believe that that particular panel is on exhibit in the Slater Cast Collection of the British Museum:

www.norwichfreeacademy.com...

Other ‘out of context’ panels from the British Museum:

www.msm.cam.ac.uk...

Other panels can be found in other museums:

(University of Dublin)
www.tcd.ie...

(The Metropolitan Museum of Art)
www.metmuseum.org...[38EEFC02-0906-4F2A-BB68-116D6EC25E9D]

(Los Angeles City Museum of Art)
www.lacma.org...

Other panel can be found in other museums, universities, and private collections.

So the problem with these pictures is not that they are simply focused on the central artwork, the problem with these pictures is that is All that there is to work with. The rest of the artwork has been hacked up by ‘archeologists’, treasure hunters, fame seekers, tomb robbers, and warmongers, and the surviving panels have been distributed around the world.

Has anyone noticed the lines of cuneiform carved over this panel? Looking at other panels from this palace you can see more lines of cuneiform carved over them as well. Somebody came along after the original relief was created and carved some text on top of it, further evidence to support Byrds palimpsest theory for the Abydos carvings. The ancients were carve happy. They carved on and over Everything…

Except the Great Pyramid… odd that.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Torbjon said : Perhaps Egyptians (and other ancient peoples) witnessed such things and incorporated their observations into their artwork and legends.

Theres also a possibility that they had the power to see into the future using energy methods and meditation.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
The image posted by Nygdan is a relief from the palace of Ashur-nasir-pal II at Nimrud (northwest palace)

Thanks for the research! It's nice to see it in its context.

I believe that that particular panel is on exhibit in the Slater Cast Collection of the British Museum:
www.norwichfreeacademy.com...

Other ‘out of context’ panels from the British Museum:
www.msm.cam.ac.uk...

Actually, those aren't out of context. We see a description of what they are, where they were found and how old they were (the context) and a summary of the text on the monument (which you can then go and read for yourself if you really really want to fry your brain with cuneiform.)

"Out of context" means it's shown with no explaination of what it was, where it came from, and what is associated with it. We do have out of context artifacts in museums, by the way...

(University of Dublin)
www.tcd.ie...

(The Metropolitan Museum of Art)
www.metmuseum.org...[38EEFC02-0906-4F2A-BB68-116D6EC25E9D]

(Los Angeles City Museum of Art)
www.lacma.org...

Great stuff! I particularly appreciate the notes on what's going on in the pictures here because I don't read cuneiform.

Has anyone noticed the lines of cuneiform carved over this panel? Looking at other panels from this palace you can see more lines of cuneiform carved over them as well. Somebody came along after the original relief was created and carved some text on top of it, further evidence to support Byrds palimpsest theory for the Abydos carvings. The ancients were carve happy. They carved on and over Everything…

Actually, that was done at the time of its construction and not afterwards. But you're quite right... that's how they did it then! I liked being able to see the artwork larger because you could then see it wasn't just pictures there -- there was writing that explained what was going on.

Except the Great Pyramid… odd that.

I'm sure there were other things that weren't carved on. And we don't have the outer skin of the pyramid (I believe it was limestone facing), where they could have carved all sorts of stuff. That would be interesting if, say, they had carved a huge relief of the Pharoah on the outside of the pyramid (no, there's no evidence that they did this.)

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I'm sure there were other things that weren't carved on. And we don't have the outer skin of the pyramid (I believe it was limestone facing), where they could have carved all sorts of stuff. That would be interesting if, say, they had carved a huge relief of the Pharoah on the outside of the pyramid (no, there's no evidence that they did this.)

Actually, we do know they carved on the outside. If you go around Egypt and look at the Mosque's which date just after an earthquake [800ADish] you can see a white stone, like marble/limestone, which has egyptian writing on it. It is claimed those buildings were built from the outer stones of the pyramids but they have been broken down to such small pieces you'll never be able to put them back into place again and find out what was written.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
ya, by ‘out of context’ I did mean when folks just post a picture without saying where it came from or doing any additional research on it…

The museum pics/websites are still ‘out of context’ in a way, in that the panels are no longer in their original locations, there’s still missing or damaged sections of walls etc. etc. With all of the damage done to these sites over the years it’s amazing anybody can figure Anything out about the ancient past, ya know?

The outside of the Great Pyramid Was cased with white stone, the stones were carved and decorated, and then the stones were recycled and re-carved by subsequent generations and used as building blocks for a variety of new structures.

What gets me is all of that bare rock on the Inside of the thing just itching to have some paint splashed on it…

The recycling of the casing stones helps to illustrate my point of Where the stuff goes. Nothing went to waste with ancient (and more modern) peoples, not even rock. 5000 years ago that ‘thing’ might have been a functioning crystal radio set. 4000 years ago it was a non-functioning religious relic. 3000 years ago it was the spoils of war. 2000 years ago it was pounded into a bit of jewelry. 1000 years ago it was hacked into pieces and traded for a really good night on the town. Now little bits of it are on display in various museums around the world *shrugs*

The WTC is rapidly becoming the USS New York. I could be really wrong on this, but I feel that most folks would have a very hard time looking at a boat and then saying “oh ya, that used to be a building”…

(btw, thanks fer the applause Byrd and good ta see ya back Odium)

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Didn't the egyptians put markings inside the pyramids? I'm almost certian that I saw one where the ceiling of the tomb itself had a canopy of stars put on it. Also, I'd think that it'd be important to look at the single 'masqua' (thats what the units that the stepped/stacked pyramid are supposed to be no?) and see if there were carvings there, or even in the stepped pyramids. Perhaps it was just the style to not carve into the rocks of the pyramids, since they were so massive.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I’m not willing to rule out magnito_students theory of precognition.

I know that a lot of people shun the nutty crunchy stuff and say that all of the published studies are inconclusive. I won’t argue with them.

However my own studies have led me to believe that precognition is a very real thing, and perhaps that is what some ancients experienced. That is Not my theory as regards to ancient tech. As stated, I do indeed believe that there was some small amount of high tech in our deep dark past that helped to spark the myths, legends and religions that we are experiencing today.

As to my own experience with precognition, many years ago I could not accept the belief that the phenomena known as “DejaVu” was simply one eye seeing something before the other (the standard scientific explanation) and felt that there was something else going on.

Being immersed in science classes at the time, I wanted to take a scientific approach to the problem. Not knowing just exactly How to go about doing that, I decided that the only thing I could do would be to document Everything.

What I ended up doing was spending two years keeping two journals; a ‘dream journal’ where I recorded every dream or vision I had while sleeping, and a ‘normal journal’ where I recorded everything that happened during my waking life.

Long story short, at the end of two years I came to the conclusion that some of my dreams were indeed very accurate visions of my own personal future. The details were too specific and too esoteric to be coincidence or happenstance.

The percentage of ‘dreams come true’ was small, just over five percent… not enough to really do anything with or work with. Perhaps just enough to have some small bit of survival value, I don’t know *shrugs*

Again, I don’t believe that precognition is the source for all ancient myths and legends, but I do perceive it to be a valid hypothesis

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Long story short, at the end of two years I came to the conclusion that some of my dreams were indeed very accurate visions of my own personal future. The details were too specific and too esoteric to be coincidence or happenstance.

torbjohn

I very rarely wrote down my dreams, but the half dozen of so precog. dreams I have had were so vivid, and so detailed that when I later found myself in the setting there was no questioning if it was the same one. Though I did not record the dreams at the time, I have since written down most of them after I found out they were precognitive ones. In my experience, the %age of my dreams that are precog is more likely to be around one or two percent, or about one every 5 years, on average. I know others who have had them, too, and I have little choice in whether I believe in them myself. Still, it took over 30 years before I was compelled to really search my soul to find an explanation for them. My current best guess is that time is not linear, but instead exists only in the present. There is no other explanation of how precog dreams can occur that I have considered so far which I find makes more sense.
Regarding ancient depictions of modern objects, this model of time would also make that possible. And things like the Hopi prophecies like the nine signs of the coming of the new age would also be possible.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The fist time I saw these Abidonian images of possible flying crafts chisseled on a wall as hieroglyphs I was inspired to write a song entitled, "Hieroglyphs of Aeroplanes." (The spelling aeroplane is in the 1936 Oxford dictionary meaning; a flying machine.) Weather or not they are true hieroglyphs and they are what they appear to be or a hoax to some others, remember Nostradamus saw some of the same things in his visions back in the 1500's and wrote them down on paper than walls. We have visions of traveling through Black Holes when we haven't even proven Black Holes exist. Like Nostradamus many of our visionaries past and present are concidered profits or crazy lunatics. Maybe these heiroglyphs are a future seen in the mind of a man long ago or maybe they are a hoax. I'm not a scholar just a thinker. Curiosity is a true simulant for the mind. So is a bong and a beer. Either way it has gotten all of us here thinking, wondering of a past long ago. And most of us are wondering about a possible future long from now. Todays visionaries are scribbling and inputing their dreams for our childrens, childrens...to ponder over. For me, I like the facsination of the extreme possibility these hieroghyphs are real and the are truly heilocopters and space ships and aeroplanes. It inspired me to write a song. SOUTHMAN

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have to wonder about this subject and both theories; however, I feel as if I must keep an open mind for the simple reason that we know that historically, the inhabitants of the lost city of Atlantis existed. It's citizens were among the most brilliant engineers of that time. History hints at the fact that perhaps survivors of whatever destroyed Atlantis scattered to the wind carrying their skills with them. This seems plausible given the fact that we have Egyptian pyramids that closely resemble Mayan temples, Inca temples, and various temples in various areas across Europe. Heck, the Romans managed to create baths with heated water, which ultimately means they had indoor plumbing. So one has to wonder why, if such an ancient civilization could bring water into a city and create indoor baths with heated water, why is it that the people living after the fall of Rome and before modern civilization did not have indoor plumbing of that magnitude?

The summer cabin at the beach where I stayed off an on throughout the summers of my childhood did not have indoor plumbing. It had a pitcher pump outside. The water was cold! It was downright icey throughout the year but especially in the winter months. If the Romans could create heated baths then why is it that civilization that followed Roman times appeared ignorant to the engineering to recreate heated baths for one's home?

There is so much advanced technology lost to history. I find it difficult to completely take in the thought that all is due to accident or misconception. There is too much proof available for the smaller stuff to completely rule out the larger stuff. I'm not saying that aliens did this, in fact, I am quite adamant that it was man but even so, how did this world lose that technology so quickly? Why did future civilizations NOT pick up where their ancestors left off? If they had, we should be much further along technologically than we are now or so I believe because it stands to reason that one great idea should open the door for more ideas that build upon the original making it better than the predecessor.

Just curious.

Paise

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've never heard anybody mention this... but the bird sitting on top the mound supposedly.... well to me looks like a awful lot like a sattelite dish.

I understand the explanation from Byrd, but it still seems like such a huge coincidence to me that all those pictures are like some prediction of the future. From the sailboat, the helicopter, sattelite dish, some sort of hovercraft looks right out of the one obe one kanobe drove in starwars... 2 other spaceship plane looking things. I mean amazing. i thought the one next to the sailboat was a bomb dropping on the ground.

And what if another thought... is that it was purposely done. It really does say those things as Byrd describe... but was purposely overlapped to also show those future images. So it would have maybe two meanings? meat to be cryptic or something.

still wow what a coincidence i can understand one image but wow!! i'm also quoted as saying i don't believe in coincidences too much.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You can see the overcarving all over the pampliset if you just know how to read hieroglyphics. I do (rather badly, I should add.)

Here's the semi-original (photoshopped) version:

Now, just look at what was done to the names:
Here's that darling son, Ramses, whose Praenomen is Setepenre Usermaatre

And here's dear old dad (Seti) - Menmaatre to his buddies -- the one whose temple his darling little boy was appropriating for his own glory:

And because my tracing is SO bad, here's what the two cartouches really look like (both nomen and praenomen):

Seti's full name (nomen and praenomen) is Menmaatre Sety-meryenptah and Ramses has a big mouthfull of a nomen and praenomen with Usermaatre-setepenre Ramesse-meryamun

Ramses the Modest's name can be loosely translated as "Powerful in Truth, Chosen of Ra" (and that was his first name) "Ramses - Beloved of Amun" (second name)

Anyway, that's why to Egyptology buffs like myself (and to archaeologists and so forth) that we know it's an overinscribed panel and that part of the old is showing through. And how we know what the rest of the title says.

I hope it's okay if I don't tie up our bandwidth with the rest of the exercise, which was done at that link above. But if you look at the original and look at the many other times this title was repeated (we have other examples), you can very clearly see the overcarving.

Oh yes, and the bee and plant next to the cartouches mean "king of upper and lower Egypt."

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Byrd]

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Byrd]

these quote to meen seem as though they need to be sung, like mantras why am i thinking the sound or frequency created from this is very very powerful

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
which all mantras are of course, mmh got me thinking about scales now too, was there not some ancient musical scales or something found somewhere in caves in egypt a little while ago, okay now im on one................thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
oh i see from your full picture up there what i thought was a sail boat is half of some bug thing or w/e that is hehe. didn't think that fit with a description of th future lol

but i don't doubt what u quoted there is all true. But maybe there is a meaining behind meaning.

know what i mean? sort of like in that movie came out last year umm... davinci code.

if it was just one picture i could easily brush it off. I'm a real skeptic. but I mean if they wanted to draw a helicopter... could they have done a better job then that? and all the other aircrafts? its remarkable.

maybe it was purposely done. not by accident.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by serin sister
these quote to meen seem as though they need to be sung, like mantras why am i thinking the sound or frequency created from this is very very powerful

Perhaps because they're unfamiliar to you? The Pharaohs had up to five names, each are different. In addition, they had many titles. This is typical of kings-who-were-worshipped-as-gods.

There ARE records of things (formulas, spells) meant to be chanted, but these have certain signs with them (determinatives) showing that these are chants.

Before you get too excited, most of them are things like "O Set, keep the crocodiles away from my door" and formulas to open the mouth of the dead so they could speak in the underworld and the things to say to the gods when they weigh your heart to see if you were a good person, and instructions like "please pray that my spirit receives a thousand loaves of bread when I am in the Duat (heaven... sort of.)"

The Book of the Dead has some of the ones we know the priests used.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join