It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Democrats will finally go back home and do their jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Why would I make up a number like 10 years! Fine. Let's get to the bottom of this!

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
77TH LEGISLATURE, REGULAR SESSION (January 9 - May 28, 2001)

The Texas Legislature had the responsibility to redraw the senate, house, congressional, and State Board of Education districts during regular session of the 77th Legislature, which convened in January 2001. The census bureau provides the population data necessary for redistricting, and the Texas Constitution requires the legislature to redraw the state senate and house districts during the first regular legislative session following publication of the census data. The Texas census data was delivered on March 12, 2001.

LEGISLATIVE REDISTRICTING BOARD (June 6 - July 24, 2001)

As required by the Texas Constitution, the Legislative Redistricting Board (LRB) convened following the failure of the legislature to draw legislative districts. The LRB, which has authority to adopt only state senate and house districts, convened on June 6, 2001, and adopted new districts for the state senate (PLAN 01188S) and new districts for the state house (PLAN01289H) on July 24. These plans were submitted to the U.S. Department of Justice for preclearance under the Voting Rights Act.
www.tlc.state.tx.us...

SEE IT WAS ALREADY DONE BUT THE REPUGNANTS WANT MORE LIKE THE SLITHERING REPTILES THEY ARE!

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I DON'T CARE. YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK.

Colonel, one more direct attack and I will give you a temporary ban. And before you attempt a juvenile "He started it!" you had better read over the thread.

Colonel, your credibility (what there is, anyway), gets soiled when you say the Republicans are trying to usurp the will of the people in Texas as they are in Florida... and I assume you refer to the last presidential race. Surely, you can't be so poor of a lawyer you don't understand it was the democrats that attempted to hijack the process.
Tell me, how is it that we do nor have a case of sine die, as the Democrats ran away, leaving not enough for a quorum? Texas' government is not now defunct? Thankfully, we are all living under a state of martial rule, huh, Esquire?

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What you posted in NO WAY supports your "10 Year" point. All the law you quoted out of the constitution is , is a GUIDELINE that REQUIRES "R-D" after the census. It in NO way limits the use of the tactic.

I don't care, personally, what you have to say about Repulicans or Democrats or Liberatarians for that matter, that's all opinion and hyperbole, BUT when you start to post INCORRECT information as FACT I can't let that lay.

Especially when you are going on about the Great State of Texas!

THe Dems are TOTALLY off the wall, OVER THE TOP and running scared in this state. They LOST control and until the recent NATIONAL recession (which can NOT be blamed on the state leadership) Texas had a Budget SURPLUS and an IMPROVING (this is STILL the case) education system that REQUIRES accountability at the indevidual school level.

ALL of these programs were created in the George W. Bush Govenorship. I won't go so far as to say GWB thought them all up because I wasn't there and don't know that. But he OBVIOUSLY put together a good team of leaders who created these programs...

The Democrats "Re-Districted" (is that a word?) this state EVERY YEAR theyhad control until they had just the way they wanted it. Then they got BEAT anyway. What does THAT tell you?

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by Colonel
I DON'T CARE. YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK.

Colonel, one more direct attack and I will give you a temporary ban. And before you attempt a juvenile "He started it!" you had better read over the thread.

Colonel, your credibility (what there is, anyway), gets soiled when you say the Republicans are trying to usurp the will of the people in Texas as they are in Florida... and I assume you refer to the last presidential race. Surely, you can't be so poor of a lawyer you don't understand it was the democrats that attempted to hijack the process.
Tell me, how is it that we do nor have a case of sine die, as the Democrats ran away, leaving not enough for a quorum? Texas' government is not now defunct? Thankfully, we are all living under a state of martial rule, huh, Esquire?

What? YOu gonna ban me for attacking repugnants? Go ahead. People are expecting you to anyway. They're waiting for your bias to show, particularly when I am in the "political mud pit." What's the matter? I cut too deep? Get your feelings hurt? Now you wanna play the hero for your republican mod friends by banning me? Your motives will always remain suspect as long as you have a repugnant bias towards me.

and the repugnants are still violating the voting process. Its a pattern: Florida, California, Texas, and Colorado. Its evil and un-American for it subverts the will of the American voter and if you support it I can only say the same for you.

I remain,

The Hunted Subversive in the Repugnant Swill.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No Colonel, TC won't ban you for for slinging mud in the mud pit. What he's most likely to ban you for is your reactionary direct attacks on people & not providing any kind of facts to back up your flaming rhetoric.

...I've seen people get banned in many different websites for doing *less* of that than you've already gotten away with.

Try calming down & using neural energy instead of hormones for a while...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Take Texas OUT of your last and, like I said before I don't give a # what you say about any "Party" it's ALL your opimiom and hyperbole anyway...

BUT, my fine political adversary, YOU have spread a LIE and THAT must NOT stand...

I have PROVEN YOU WRONG about Texas, take it back...

Say what you will about the others but you are DEAD WRONG about Texas.

BTW- I LIKE the "New Avatar"...
PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Springer: No, you haven't proven anything. You have just said that I lied without backing it up. I posted the TX summary of redistricting with accompanying website. Not to knock Texas. I like Texas but for Bush and the Cowboys but the truth is the truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
No Colonel, TC won't ban you for for slinging mud in the mud pit. What he's most likely to ban you for is your reactionary direct attacks on people & not providing any kind of facts to back up your flaming rhetoric.

...I've seen people get banned in many different websites for doing *less* of that than you've already gotten away with.

Try calming down & using neural energy instead of hormones for a while...

We both know that's not gonna happen so don't waste your breath. Furhtermore, I attack groups...like repugnants. I do not attack individuals unless they attack me first. That's my rule.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Colonels are you against the two party systems? If not what do you see as a replacement for the conservative element of our society with respect to the political arena?

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What YOU posted REFUTED your point! C'mon man! You ALWAYS do BETTER than this! What's up?

P...
m...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
... when he is backed into a logic corner?! WHY does he always GO AWAY when defeated?

I am MAN enough to stand and take my lumps when I am wrong, as are most centrists (maybe because we don't view our "opinions" as gospel that is irrefutable?).

It is my experience that when EXTREME "Righters" or "Lefters" are whipped in a debate they simply disappear...

Wonder why? I bet it's because in their minds if ANY part of what they preach is proven wrong it blows their whole beleif system... NOTHING could be further form the truth...

Makes me wonder...

P...
m...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"As required by the Texas Constitution, the Legislative Redistricting Board (LRB) convened following the failure of the legislature to draw legislative districts. The LRB, which has authority to adopt only state senate and house districts, convened on June 6, 2001, and adopted new districts for the state senate (PLAN 01188S) and new districts for the state house (PLAN01289H) on July 24. These plans were submitted to the U.S. Department of Justice for preclearance under the Voting Rights Act. "

Redistricting was already done. The repugnants are trying to do it again for their own benefit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join