It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What color are you? NO, Not that!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Airline passengers could soon be assigned a color code to assess their security risk that could keep tens of thousands of passengers daily from boarding a flight, according to a published report.

money.cnn.com...

This is getting out of control. Can you imagine going to the airport with your family only to be told that your wife and kids can board but you can't because you were arrested once?
How many of the "supposed" hijackers on 9-11 do you think had criminal records in the U.S. ?

Canada is looking better and better.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
...this is the near future we have.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Some of the hijackers don't even have a record. This is ridicolous because there are 1 million people in jail in America right now, and a surprisingly large percent of people have been in jail once in there life. th esad thing is that this would do more harm than good because all the criminals will be forced to stay in America. Maybe they should let the people leave, but not let them come back.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's the end of the free world.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's the end of the free world.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
People do not realize that the airplane industry needs a little shaking.

There is always amtrack.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is ridiculous. How is this supposed to help? Give people a false sense of security? Blah, give me a break. So what if this 'criminal' cannot board an airplane? Can he sit next to me while we are awaiting to board the plane? Can he serve me food if I place an order? Can he drive (very deadly weapon) amongst me on public streets? I don't see how boarding an aircraft is any more dangerous than other daily acts. BTW, the American prison population was over 2 million in April 2003. Of course, 60% of prison inmates are drug offenders.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Another airline, KLM is already doing that...

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Amnerica for some reason, has a funnel syndrome. We let anyone in, but #., once youre here, dont bother trying to leave. America is imprisoning its citizens! What if a mass exodus out of the country were to accour, would they make us return at gunpoint?

Fury, cant take Amtrak overseas, and some people simply want the hell out of this country. So why not let them out> Just dont let em back in!

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Since 9/11, a lot of citizens are emprisoned without any accusations against them, they can't talk to a lawyer and they are not judged. Worst they also send people in syria where torture is hobby ... Since 9/11 some citizens have loosed their rights, they now have the pretext to enslave every one.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Salem]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They arent going to prevent you from boarding a plane because you have a criminal record. They may do a bit more thourough search on you (but you have nothing to hide anyway) and make keep a better watch on you on the plane. I dont know that this will stop a terrorist (so maybe its uneccessary) but it might make the skies just a little bit safer. Either way its not going to infringe on anyone's rights.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Either way its not going to infringe on anyone's rights.

Did you even read the article???????

Here's a bit for you to chew on:

1 to 2 percent will be coded red and be prevented from boarding. That could equal about 30,000 passengers a day who would not be allowed to board based on the average daily passenger volume.

Now, please explain how those 30,000 people A DAY are not having their rights infringed upon.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I dont believe flying in airplane is a right. Just as driving your car is not a right. They must have done something to be coded red.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier
I dont believe flying in airplane is a right. Just as driving your car is not a right. They must have done something to be coded red.

Just like the jews did something to be labled with a star of david?

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What does the holocaust have to do with safer airlines? I'm sorry but I dont see any connection between the two.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Where do you draw the line for being considered "Red"?
Why are they using "criminal records" and "other intelligence"? How can that possibly apply to 30, 000 Americans a DAY?
Something is VERY wrong with all of this. You can continue to be blind to it but I'm glad some others are not.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It can apply to 30,000 Americans a day because many Americans commit crime. They are using criminal records and "other intelligence" because they have to use something. I'm sure you could look it up the exact guide lines for determining someones threat color. Heres a question.... What would YOU do to make the airlines safer? If none of the proposed ideas so far are to your tastes, what CAN be done to make the airlines safer?

top topics

join