It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Hear about your Dogs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There was a recent thread about cats and I thought it only fair to have the canines represented as well. It's been about a year (according to the search I did) since there was a pet photo thread, so I thought I'd start another one for the new members (like me) to post pics and info about man's best friend.

One day about 4 years ago, I went to the dog pound to donate some dry dogfood leftover from a dogsitting job. I asked if I could look at the puppies ('cause they're so cute!) I was told that 8 puppies had been found in a cardboard box by te side of the road. They had put 4 of them down because they were weak and ill. Two had been adopted singly, and two were left. How could I leave them there?

I couldn't. They became Cara and Mia (Caramia in Italian means my heart, my love, my beloved) because they completely took my heart away! They are both so smart and wonderful, I could never tell you all how much they mean to me. They've brought so much joy to my life these past 4 years.

This picture was taken for another occasion, but it's a pretty good one. My girls:

Cara (left) is a real special dog. She is a fantastically intuitive watch dog and I trust her with my life. She's a real special entity. She reads my mind and her behavior is exemplary. We call her the Watcher.

Mia is fuzzy, fun and happy and sweet and really smart in the training department. She's mischevious and athletic and just happy to be alive.

So, I look forward to hearing about (and seeing) your dogs!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
benevolent heretic. i have german shepards.
duke (long haired male) and blue short haired female)

i found a photo of what they look like on the internet but this is a rough idea. my doggies are alot better!!

oni x x

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I also have a german shepard. This is Catalina, she's 5 years old. She may not be the smartest dog on earth, but she loves me so much! She follows me everywhere. Even when I go to the bathroom, she waits for me, sitting next to the door.

And this is my other dog, Candy. She is a 10 years old Basset Hound. She loves to eat (she eats almost everything), play ball, drool, and of course sleep!!

Here she is buying some popcorn...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
LOL I have a German Shepherd also. She follows me everywhere as well. Its pretty common for shepherds to do that. I saved mine from the pound last year. Best dog I've ever known.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I myself, have two Boxers and a Jack Russel Terrier.

My oldest is now about 7 years old and he is one of the best and smartest dogs I've seen. My other boxer is about 2 years old and she is very simple and has been ran over twice! The Jack Russel isn't even a year old yet and she is the most cowardly dog you could see. The only thing that don't scare her is my cats.

Anyways, here is a picture of them from January I think....

The brown one is Max, the oldest, the brendle is named Karma and is nearl two years old, and the small one is my Jack Russel named Colleen.

[edit on 9/25/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have a thirteen year old Beagle named “Buddy” who has tumors all over his body but somehow manages to be peppy and mug my son anytime he has food. I also have a twelve year old Chihuahua named “Chi Chi” we adopted from an abusive home. He is a nasty little $h!t and bites everybody he doesn’t know…heck, he bites everybody he knows too. But he is just “misunderstood”

I also have 4 cats and 2 birds. (Tell me about it! Yikes…)

I couldnt post a pic of Chi Chi, as he bit the camera...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have two dogs, Big Red and Sanjo, but they live out on one of our properties with my parents. They weigh 68kgs and 62kgs respectively.

They are both Bulldog-Great Dane crosses and we use them for hunting pigs, something they are very good at. They're so cute, even though they eat everything that isn't tied down - toys, the tv remote control, cushions. It took forever to train them and condition them, but now all you have to do is show them their body armour and they go from cute and cuddly to all business in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
More pictures of Candy:

These are from the monthly Basset Hound meeting

Here she is with a friend (she's the one on the left) Before you ask about her eyes, the answer is: YES, she CAN see!

With more dogs. She doesn't like very much to hang out with other dogs, she prefers people:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Beautiful dogs you have there BH..Really.
Same for all the others, gotta love 'em

Here is Abby:

Abby was a "freebie"...I got her just outside the door, of a pet store..A couple was giving her away because she was a product of their purebred Vizsla (Hungarian Pointer) and the neighbor's Chocolate Lab.

She's a great mutt. Fast as a greyhound..she's even built like one..
I've got other dogs too..I'll dig up some pics..

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Here is my sweeeeetness, Mr. Chester. He is a very sensitive and shy Lhaso Apso. You can see his personality just by looking into his cute wee little eyes!!

Marie

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
These sweet puppies need a home- they are just about weened. anyone interested???

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
OMG! That is a scary sight MerryMistressMarie! How weird!

Your little Mr. Chester is just adorable!

And Abby is a beautiful shiny girl!

Those Bassets are so funny! I can imagine a whole 'herd' of them is a sight to see!

Beautiful dogs everyone! I have a soft spot for the intelligent German Shepherd!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is a test:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Don't be fooled by the 'cute little puppy' look...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

My dog is a pomapoo and his name is Loki. He is the first dog I have ever had so he is very special to me.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by snowflake_obsidian]

[edit on 3-3-2006 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Gotta love all these beautiful dog photos. Hatchedcross, I love the boxers. I don't think I can ever own another type of dog after having the pleasure of this guys company for almost 12 years now. Old for a Boxer i know. I don't get to see much of him anymore so when I do I make the best of it. He never forgets me and always forgives me. I love this bastard.

Spike

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You guys and gals have some lovely dogs! Kinda makes mine look like an idiot in comparison.

He's the dopiest creature on the planet, when I was out walking him once, he went and bit a fence, now I don't know if it was electric, but he yelped and jumped back, then just ran at it, hit it, yelped, then cowered behind me.

He makes sad little crying noises when he wants something as well, I can't resist them, so I give in!

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic, I'd just like to say... my sister Cara has the same name as one of your dogs. Very cool lol

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Another of my lady

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Thats lucy !
Shes A cockerpoo
Or somethin
Cocker Spaniel mixed with Poodle

She followed me home one day after a nice walk of mine
She had hair about 214321313 inches long
She looked like a sheep
Except she had the WORST mattes and knots
I took her home
Fed her
Her bones were poking outta her back thats how skinny she was
I saved her !
Shes my baby
Now shes nice and plump
And I got dapper dog to get her a nice haircut
She even has a little pomp on the top of her head !

I LOVE LUCY !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join