It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

news article death predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
read an article that was on front page of last Sunday's Oakland Press that
this coming winter, over 20,000 people in Michigan are expeted to die of the Bird Flu or otherwise called Avian Flu. The article explained how the medication used to treat it and saves lives supposedly is limited and will not be enough available to save lives. It further discusses how schools will be shut down and kids even quarantined at school. Also how there will be household quarantines mandatory and strictly enforced. What the article left out was how the hell do they know this in advance? How would they know the epidemic would reach Michigan of all places and kill so many people? On what basis could they possibly make this determination? Sounds to me like it's a plan...........another means for population control.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Is there a link to this - I would love to read it in full. I agree that it is weird that they say Michigan in particular - and why? Don't know if I agree with the plan and population control but it is interesting.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I looked for the article on line but it was a hard copy newspaper I read. I must have already thrown it out because I can't find it. My sister is going to check with the newspaper to get another copy. Ill post it here when we get it.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It's demographics actually. Thousands of people die yearly from the flu all over the US somewhere in the ballpark of 35,000. That seems like alot but yet we literally never really hear about it.
If and when the H5N1 flu spreads throughout the world the estimate totality of deaths would reach almost 1 billion give and take.
At this rate the virus has a mortality rate of 50%.

Although I haven't read the article I can surmise that it's speculation with a dash of fear that Michigan would be a target.
Rest assured. If it gets here all the states will be affected.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristyZ
I looked for the article on line but it was a hard copy newspaper I read. I must have already thrown it out because I can't find it. My sister is going to check with the newspaper to get another copy. Ill post it here when we get it.

Hi ChristyZ -- I managed to find it for you -- interesting read.

article

thanks for bringing it to our attention

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Christy thanks for the article. And now I say be scared be very very scared. That article has alot of flaws in it.
Let's break them down:

1. Scientists predict a deadly strain of the avian flu, also referred to as the "bird flu,F will hit the United States in pandemic form this flu season, killing an estimated 20,000 people in Michigan.

Ok now how would they know this? I think you even asked that question.
The Spanish flu had a mortality rate of 1 - 2 %. The Avian Flu 50%. To date the Avian Flu is killing half of those that contract the virus.

2. A report from Trust for America's Health, a nonpartisan nonprofit agency based in Washington, D.C., approximates that Michigan will experience 2.5 million cases of the avian flu.

That's a bold prediction! So lets see if those numbers were accurate for arguments sake then that would mean approx 1.5 million people from Michigan would actually die from it.
Where did that 20,000 come from again?

3. The "Spanish flu" (1918-19) caused more than 500,000 deaths. Nearly half of those who died were young, healthy adults.

Wrong again! the Spanish Flu was actually responsible for 20 - 40 million deaths worldwide and approx 675,000 American deaths.

4. While there is a drug effective in treating the avian strain - Tamiflu - the federal government's supply of this drug will be vastly insufficient for the millions of people expected to be affected.

Don't get your hopes up. While Tamiflu has proven effective in reducing the severity of the Avian Flu it does not kill the virus. It's only effective in triple the amount of a normal dose and only inhibits the protein to a certain degree. Although to the benefit of the article it accurately states that we are in very short supply and are no where near the top of the list for distribution.

So while I know that the article startled you, it's actually worse than you could expect "if" is does arrive.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just had the flu about a week and a half ago, and it was the worst case I had ever had. I was bed ridden for two days and felt ill for a week. I still have a congested cough. My fiance had it as well, and she said it was the worse case also. I don't know if this was the 'new' strain, but if it is a sign of this years flu variation, we may be in for some trouble.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks for finding the article JustMe and for your feedback DDay. I am a little nervous about the whole thing since I feel it could be part of the population control plan. I have talked to several about this and even one who thinks the govt will spread this by dropping it out of helicopters to spread it through the air. The other thing that worries me is that I have kids in school. I get scared at the thought that they could use this excuse to quarantine my kids at school or keep us in our homes at gunpoint......maybe I'm way too paranoid but if you read between the lines in this article, this is what lies ahead.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
H5N1 makes me nervous as well. An outbreak in this country will undoubtedly be of horrific proportions in regards to loss of life and we've all seen how the gov't responds to large scale disasters lately. Makes me think we'll all be fending for ourselves and our loved ones.

top topics

join