It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military control, Future disasters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com... They were dicsusing this article.

Is anyone seeing this stuff on the news? im watching foxnews atm and its kinda of sick how these news anchors, are setting here talking to people senators ect, trying to sell the idea of having the military take control in the event of future disasters, The sad part is most people are stupid and will support this BS.

One of the guys i dont know who it was the news guy was talking to , was basicaly arguing against it for reasons that are obvious, and the news guy, kept trying to get the guy to agree that military control is good...

The Military in full control of american citizens is not a good thing... I dont care what happens..

[edit on 25-9-2005 by C0le]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The media is gathering the sheep to accept the use of military in future disasters aka martial law. Everyday more of this bs taking of liberty for security happens. I just hope people wake up before its to late.

"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberty for the promise of a little temporary security, deserve neither."
--Benjamin Franklin

A foreign country won't beat the US but an enemy with in the US will.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
First it's martial law for disasters, next martial law for protests, then martial law for terrorism threats, and finally....just martial law period.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The key is getting support to hand over the reins to NorthCom. See here:

The Patriot Act 2, Immigration and NORTHCOM
Patriot Act II. Update

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
www.foxnews.com... They were dicsusing this article.

Is anyone seeing this stuff on the news? im watching foxnews atm and its kinda of sick how these news anchors, are setting here talking to people senators ect, trying to sell the idea of having the military take control in the event of future disasters, The sad part is most people are stupid and will support this BS.

One of the guys i dont know who it was the news guy was talking to , was basicaly arguing against it for reasons that are obvious, and the news guy, kept trying to get the guy to agree that military control is good...

The Military in full control of american citizens is not a good thing... I dont care what happens..

Look at the channel you were watching, man. Look at it. A neocon calling Fox news anchors "sick". Where have you been? These people don't give a toss about you, they trumpet what the government wants the people to think.

Cole, why the wake up all of a sudden? Just out of interest.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Cole, why the wake up all of a sudden? Just out of interest.

I have different opinions on different subjects, Ive questioned bush, the man you think i workship, and this government, on many occations long before this hurricane and martial law crap happened, you guys choose not to notice it..

Just because i watch something doesnt mean i cant see whats going on, i just happpen to prefer this set of idiots over the idiots on the other networks,

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You prefer the idiots who tell you martial law is good?

Id be interested to read the thread posts which I have apparently failed to notice.

Got links?

[edit on 25-9-2005 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I would not be surprised at all if the U.S. Government was currently in the process of priming the American public in preparation for drastic changes to how martial law is carried out.

What better way than have the various news organizations promote such a change. In the '60s and '70s there was Operation Mockingbird as a means to spread propoganda...

Who knows, maybe Operation Mockingbird is still in operation today. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was...

EDIT: Adjust Formatting

[edit on 9/27/2005 by DCFusion]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

I have different opinions on different subjects, Ive questioned bush, the man you think i workship, and this government, on many occations long before this hurricane and martial law crap happened, you guys choose not to notice it..

Cole, I sent you a PM a few weeks ago because I was also curious/shocked at what appeared to me to be a complete 180 in terms of the nature of your posts. Although I didn't agree with a lot of what you posted in the past I still kept an open mind and I just wanna say that I am happy to see that your interested in some of these "theories" now.

Back on topic, I think that a lot of the mainstream media you see on TV is totally government influenced propaganda and deception, however, maybe a percentage of these news organizations aren't actually deliberately lying...perhaps some are just to ignorant to realize whats going on and they are just "doing their job" or doing what the higher ups order them to do?

I agree, total military control in todays society would be a nightmare, and in the past few years my observations have forced me to seriously consider that this may happen...and may happen soon. However realistic this scenario may seem to me, its difficult to imagine how the Government would take complete control unless nukes start falling and/or we suffer many more "natural" disasters.

But just sit back and look at how dependant we are on the system and imagine that you may, in the aftermath of some terrible event, have no choice but to let them protect you....or die.

[edit on 9/27/2005 by JKersteJr]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JKersteJr

But just sit back and look at how dependant we are on the system and imagine that you may, in the aftermath of some terrible event, have no choice but to let them protect you....or die.

if people cooperate voluntarily, why enact martial law? what do you need dictatorial powers for? because that's exactly what martial law means. those who want to stay do so at their own peril, let them sign a declaration saying they rejected gov't assistance and move on, it's their life, they should decide how to save it, shouldn't they?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

JKersteJr
I think that a lot of the mainstream media you see on TV is totally government influenced propaganda and deception, however, maybe a percentage of these news organizations aren't actually deliberately lying...perhaps some are just to ignorant to realize whats going on and they are just "doing their job" or doing what the higher ups order them to do?

It's all about money JKJ, and profit. Like other industries, the media cuts costs to up profits. Now, there's no money for research and analysis - so the "news" has become a venue for corporations and other special interests to distribute their press releases.

...The news media does NOT report news - it's just a press release distribution system.

This is what makes ATS and ATSNN so special IMO - we are picking up the slack, and doing what the news media used to do. We are thinking, analyzing, researching - and going beyond the press releases.

...total military control in todays society would be a nightmare, and in the past few years my observations have forced me to seriously consider that this may happen...and may happen soon. However realistic this scenario may seem to me, its difficult to imagine how the Government would take complete control unless nukes start falling and/or we suffer many more "natural" disasters.

Which we will. Maybe earthquakes, definitely crazy destructive weather, epidemics.

JKersteJr

Long Lance
if people cooperate voluntarily, why enact martial law? what do you need dictatorial powers for? because that's exactly what martial law means. those who want to stay do so at their own peril, let them sign a declaration saying they rejected gov't assistance and move on, it's their life, they should decide how to save it, shouldn't they?

I agree with Long Lance - government assistance does NOT require martial law, or fascist control. I also agree with JKJ - people will be given an artificially polarised choice: "Let them protect you, and control you, ....or die."

It may still be possible to demand value for our money - our tax contributions - and to function as the democracy we are supposed to be. None of the coming catastrophes are a surprise - governments have known about them for decades; business has been positioning to profit from them for decades. Our tax dollars should be used to protect the nation, and the nation's people - not funneled into the buddy system.

Maybe if we write letters, make phone calls, vote - then we can make a difference, and put our own money to good use.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I agree with you Lance, thats how it should work, I have a hard time feeling sorry for the people that stay for the ride and end up not surviving through a disaster and its aftermath, if those people are givin a choice and pass it up then that is their fault. However, what I dont agree with is some of the reported incidints following Katrina relating to armed Marines walking the streets with M16's, going house to house and FORCING people to leave, theres no choice there.

Granted Katrina was of an enourmous scale, but I think that FEMA and other disaster relief agencies should have been and should be ready to handle situations like this with the help of local law enforcement maybe, I dont see why we have to send thousands of armed troops to the streets in a show of force.

Just recently Bush supported the idea to use more military presence in case of a Avian H51 Flu pandemic...and now in the week or so after that I hear about the Flu ALL over the news.

new topics

top topics

join