It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MORE 9/11 Numerology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm the last friggin person on Earth who should be posting this, because I don't believe in numerology in the popular sense. When there are a large number of coincidental numbers, I see one of two things: 1. Symbolic Design or 2. A ratio somehow favored by the physical principles governing an event.

Just a moment ago I discovered, somewhat to my surprise, that I still own an extra edition of the local paper, printed the afternoon of Sept. 11th, 2001.

On the sequence of events, I noticed a few numbers that I do not recall ever reading about in previous 9/11 numerology threads.

quote from the paper with parenthetical notes for occurences of 9 and 11.

11:18 AM (1+8=9... 11:9!) American Airlines says it has lost two aircraft: Boston-Los Angeles Flight 11 with 81 passengers and 11 crew... (6 letters in boston, inverts to 9. 11 in L.A. counting the space) (flight 11) (81 passengers: 8+1=9. 11 crew.)

I've never had such great luck with the search function, so please forgive me if anyone has already pointed out that 9/11 appears in the time of the announcement and passenger total of flight 11, but when i glanced at it those figures really jumped out at me and I couldn't recall ever hearing them before.

Also, it's been a long time since I've really put much thought into 9/11. It became so cliche so fast- everybody crying, waving flags, etc etc. I tuned it out almost the minute it started. Reading that old paper I am amazed to be reminded at how quickly the finger pointed at the Taliban. Judging by the news and times given in this paper, it looks like it must have been on the press by 3pm Pacific on 9/11- yet not only is Bin Laden named- they had time to dig up a photo and background on him.
To the people in the forum I'm sure that this part is nothing new, but it goes to show you what the non-conspiracy world was doing at the time (I wouldn't have called myself a hardcore conspiracy theorist back then)... we were just getting sick of the media circus and tuning everything out too much to really get a handle on how strangely fast everything fell into place.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It would be an interesting experiment to pick a random number that supposedly doesn't have any numerological significance, like say, 42, and then see how many times it appears or can be added up to.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You know, I was kind of wondering about that actually. I suck at math, but I wonder if certain numbers are more prone to reoccurence by combination within our base-10 system. Our concepts for dealing with numbers are certainly imperfect, and a tad quirky. I'm sure the mathematically inclined people here have already heard of the 1=.999~ paradox (1 divided by 3 times 3 does not equal one).

If I'm not missing anything, all numbers have equal probablity- until you get into multiples and reversible numbers (6 and 9, 2 and 5) Those can obviously be found roughly twice as frequently.

OK, I just invested a few minutes and I think I've solved the mystery. Below is a multiplication table, with all of the numbers reduced to a single digit by adding the several digits. There are 81 numbers on the chart.
1 occurs 6 times.
2 occurs 6 times
3 occurs 12 times
4 occurs 6 times
5 occurs 6 times
6 occurs 12 times
7 occurs 6 times
8 occurs 6 times
9 occurs 21 times

When you consider that a 6 can be inverted to a 9, 40% of the numbers on the chart can be read as 9s. 11s, on the other hand, seem to be a freak occurance. I can't see any pattern whereby they are statistically more likely to appear than any other number. 12 and 15 should actually be far more common.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You *have* to read this article...it is funny, but shows how many instances that 9/11 show up in popular hollywood films:
www.conspiracyarchive.com...

top topics

join