It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you invent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I always marvel at the idea that the Aztec culture in Central America was amazingly advanced in so many areas. The Aztecs had an advanced concept of mathematics and astronomy which they used to develop a viable calendar. The very same culture performed trepanning and rudimentary brain surgery. Their engineering developed an aquaduct system as well as sewer and drain systems for their cities. Of course, we all know about the amazing pyramids in the Yucatan and the network of roads and even paved "highways". However, these very same people never developed the wheel.

Perhaps we are overlooking something obvious in our daily lives. Perhaps there is an improvement that you would like to make on an existing product. Better still, perhaps you have an idea for an entirely new invention. What would YOU invent?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
A cheap painless personal teleporter.

There is nothing worse then finishing a grave shift and having to wait in the burning light of day for public transport.

At the finish of my shift I would turn around hit the blue button, (not the red one) and be instantly transported to my bedroom.

Three seconds later zzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZZ

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i would make a little clicky device and it would take you anywhere you wanted to go! "shops please, click" your at the shops.

"Hawaii please, click" your in Hawaii!

oni x x

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
OK call it a painless clicky device or PCD for the techies out there.

Hawaii is proabably better in the morning then my bedroom anyway

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Grimholt]

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I agree an invention for teleportation is what we need. We are to dependent on our gas and cars. One day our world will come to a halt as people go to fuel up and there is nothing in the pumps. Or if the cost of fuel is too high for people like truckers to make a living. Either way we need to find a new way to get around the world.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The hype that preceded the Segway (www.segway.com...), the two wheeled, human transportation system actually touted the device as being truly revolutionary. The inventor and many of it's initial bakcers actually believed that the Segway would revolutionize the way that cities were built. Well, maybe so, but so far the Segway has not lived up to it's promised versatility. Nevertheless, something that I would invent would be something that would be similar to the segway. Except it would allow for the rider to be seated.

A drawback to the current Segway is the fact that a training period is required to accustom the drive/rider to the way that the novel HT (human transport) device steers and moves forward and backward....this is done by leaning. One aspect of the segways' design is that for many, espeically the elderly, the sensation of movement and the necessity for shifting ones weight and balance is often daunting. A version where a person is seated would be a dramatic improvement, especially if the same versatility of the segway is adapted to such a device.

In essence, my invention would be a chair that allows the same ease of transport as the segway. So consider this an adaptation or improvement on an existing invention.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im currently in the process of developing a few experimental guitar parts.

Will they be any good?

Most likely not. :shk:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
gosh this is going to sound so diva of me lol

But i would love to invent a really good hair product that stops hair frizzing when you go out in the rain,

I Spend over an hour on my hair smothing it out with my hair strightner only for in to darn rain then whoosh there go's my sleek chic hair style

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I want an android servant to act as my butler, maid, chauffeur, cook, and bodyguard. Maybe if I steal one of those new Japanese bots and modify it to fit my needs...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'd like to make this little desktoy for writters. It would be this fairly small wooden block with the words Writters Block carved into one side. Aside from that I've always had the ambition to invent a time machine but that'll never happen. Or will it?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'd invent mind reading gum.

When ever you chewed it, you could read minds.
I wouldn't share it with anyone. I'd keep the power to myself.
It would be worthless if everyone could do it.
When I died, I'd will it to my daughter so she could arm herself
with this ability during her life.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a washing machine that you could throw a weeks worth of laundry in and it would sort it for you and wash/dry it all at the same time, with a little doo hicky at the end that would fold them too.

Cant tell Im a stay at home mom of 3 can ya.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Rubber ladies that talk back.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Post of the year :w:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Originally posted by whaaa

Post of the year :w:

Most deffinately.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A day with more hours in it.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
A device that allows me to learns vasts amounts of knowledge in seconds. But the catch is. I dont want anyone else to have access to it.

Then I'd take over the world.....

Vorta

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A device that could record our dreams and play them back on a video monitor.

I think we're actually not too far from having that capability already.

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Junkheap]

[edit on 26-9-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'd make a viable, repeatable proof of cold fusion... and have the reactor small enough to power my car.
and then I'd build a big potato gun with electromagnetic rails powered by the cold fusion so that there's a small.... thing, that you put the potato on and that's what the rails throw forward, propelling the potato. Imagine the distance........

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'd also invent a virtual reality gaming system that interfaced directly with your brain rather than through goggles and headphones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join