It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant Copycat Recipes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Robbie's Copycat Recipes is a good source for recipes to try to reproduce at home some of your favorite dishes from major restaurants. I've only tried a few of them, but they all seemed to come pretty damned close and all tasted delicious.

[edit on 9/25/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hey, that's great!

But wear is the Arby's sauce.

But seriously I'm going to try out a few of those.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I like topsecretrecipes.com - Todd Wilbur, although I'm not much of a cook, I just like reading recipes.

I do like making soups though - I can be creative and not mess anything up. I'm such a bad little cook

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
I like topsecretrecipes.com - Todd Wilbur, although I'm not much of a cook, I just like reading recipes.

Wow, thanks nikelbee, never saw that site before. Looks like it has some good stuff, but they want you to pay for a lot of it

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yes, sadly a lot of it used to be free, but they've changed it now. I liked that people could by the books and still get free recipes but they've stopped that now.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
But wear is the Arby's sauce.

She has it here:

recipes.robbiehaf.com...

Unfortunately the site isn't that well organized, not all her copycat recipes are on that page.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Oh just add lots of garlic and they all taste great!

Here's my favorite we used to make a lot for the kids and summertime get togethers. You make it on a jellyroll pan and cut into squares.

... a copycat recipe ...
and another scrumptious snackfood
to whip up for a gang

I make these for camping and for the beach,
they keep good (without melting even)
in a wax-paper lined plastic or tin container
.. ..

Tasty Kakes

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large Hershey bars (the 7 or 8-oz size)
12 oz. peanut butter

Beat eggs until thick and lemony.
Gradually add sugar and beat.
Add milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.

Blend dry ingredients and carefully fold into egg mixture by hand. Blend well.

Pour mixture on greased 10x15 cookie sheet--use one with sides, a jelly roll pan works well.

Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.

Put peanut butter on hot cake in blobs then spread over
cake. Cool.

Melt Hershey bars in microwave or in double boiler.
Spread over top of peanut butter.
work fast, this takes a knack

Cool and cut into squares (about
1-1/2" or 2" size).

p.s. Don't eat the storebought stuff if you can make it yourself with fresh, wholesome ingredients without all the preservatives and chemical crap, not to mention the sodium--God's knows what they need it for. Ick

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
That looks good psyops...I'll have to try that sometime.

After my 3rd try, I've finally perfected the method of making the Blooming Onion (like Outback) without a cutting machine...it's awesome and I don't know anywhere you can buy it here in the city.

[edit on 9/27/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Search for "secret recipe".
You'll get a ton of hits, and can find almost anything from the major chains, and a whole lot more.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I actually found a biscuit mix that is remarkably similar to the ones you get at Red Lobster...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
*peeks around a bush*

ppssssttt!!

Hey - Any Southerners looking for a similar recipe to that secret Guthrie's chicken finger sauce?? I got your hook up...

If you don't have a Guthrie's, be glad....Because you'd probably gain about 100 pounds

Try this out as dipping sauce for your chicken fingers though next time...It's not perfect yet, but I've almost got it down 100%...

Sorry for the lack of appropriate measures….It is supposed to be a secret, ya know….

Mayo (This is the base)
Ketchup (Use this and the ingredient below to get the color just right...A light brownish-red )
Worcestershire (A few shakes)
Honey (Just enough to add that sweet tang and glossy surface)
Garlic powder (A couple quick dashes)
Cajun Seasoning (Enough for a little kick)
Freshly cracked black pepper (The more the better...I'm talking tablespoons)

I desperately concocted this one day in the kitchen when I ran short of sauce....Pretty damn close...

[edit on 10/5/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
ooo they had some good ones on there. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Killer find!

i shall add this to my cooking bookmarks.

Has anyone tried the "hooters" wings listed on this site? if so how'd it turn out?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Its few years now since last post on this thread - but seems Arby's into it again, and had a finger in it.

newsfeed.time.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have tried out this great cookbook that has several recipes that are identical to popular restaurants. You should check it out... just copy and paste following link to take a look...many fantastic recipes...57121i-l4kt4hq41lcqa4o6oc1.hop.clickbank.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by psyopswatcher

I make these too! But I'm allergic to wheat gluten so I swap out the regular flour for rice flour and it works just fine if you decrease the sugar by about 20-25% since rice flour is sweeter than regular.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I keep looking for a good one for Pizza Hutt's Creamy Italian Dressing....(it's proprietary, so you can't order it)...

It is hands down the best dressing out there. I've hooked many on it....

new topics

top topics

join