It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis warn region on the brink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
"Iraq is hurtling towards disintegration, and could drag the region into war, the Saudi Foreign Minister, Prince Saud al-Faisal, believes.

"There is no dynamic now pulling the nation together," he said on Thursday. "All the dynamics are pulling the country apart."

Prince Saud said he was so concerned that he was taking this message "to everyone who will listen" in the Bush Administration."

Very disconcerting, I'd say. While it is true that Prince Saud al-Faisal could be saying that to give moral aide to the Sunnis in Iraq, no matter how much we'd like to see a happy, prosperous and peaceful Iraqi nation, what are the chances that an adopted consitution is going to bring it? Furthermore, what are the chances that those in control of the power even want a peaceful Iraq? Right now, I could go to Iraq and make $200,000/year as an avionics mechanic! 200 grand! How much do you think the contract companies are being paid if they pay the hands that kind of lettuce?
Back to the main point; al-Faisal is pretty certain things are going to get really bleak for the whole region. Read the article:

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The House of Saud is rightfully concerned. They are ripe for an overthrow in thier own kingdom that will make the Shah's overthrow seem pale by comparison. Any regional intability would make thier position very very tenuous. Bribing subversive elements can only go so far.

However, if you wanted to look at it from a NWO type scenario, the instability in the region is desired. Why?

The cost of this oil is pumped out of the ground on long term fixed price contracts. OPEC HAS to maintain contractual obligations and has only a little wiggle room to increase production which they can sell at spot prices. So this crap about 67 a barrel is the spot market which the oil companies happily tack on to every barrel they own. Regional stability may never be a goal from this standpoint. How do you keep you population in controll? Keep control of energy.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
What is much more dangerous to the Saudi regime than a unstable Iraq would be a stable Iraqi democratic state. I think they actually have an interest in promoting instability in Iraq and find their words hollow.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Maybe, but I think I spelled out good reasons for concern, and why an unstable Iraq is too lucrative for the elite.

new topics

top topics

join