It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force launches top secret satellite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of anyone listening in on my phone calls or anything else. The arguement will probably be "As long as you haven't been doing or talking about anything wrong, you'll be ok" but that's not the point. I demand my right to privacy, regardless of wheter I'm doing something wrong or not. Our privacy and freedom is slipping away even more everyday.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Florida (CNN) -- The Air Force launched a top-secret satellite Tuesday for the National Reconnaissance Office, which operates the United States' fleet of spy spacecraft.

A Titan IV-B rocket was used to launch the large spacecraft, believed to be an electronics listening satellite, into a position 22,300 miles above the Earth's equator.

The National Reconnaissance Office would not reveal any details about the satellite, including its cost, purpose or which contractor built it.

"I cannot discuss what the payload is other than to tell you that it will provide additional capabilities for our nation's leadership and military," said Art Haubold, a spokesman for the NRO.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here is the thread I started on that this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join