It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 is nothing more than a distraction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow, I work with a guy whos brother works as a clerk for NASA. He said that Area51 is nothing but a big distraction. The REAL place where they have UFO's, aliens, and all of the other messed up stuff is at the only U.S. Airbase in Australia. Edinburgh is the name of it. I havent done any research on it but it would be cool if everybody who read this does. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i know a guy that works in Information Tech for NASA, when I asked him about Area 51 he said all that tripe about UFOs and ETs was false, I had to note the reluctance in his voice. So I do not know what to believe about this installation.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I can't find anything about UFOs or Aliens inside Edinburgh but I heard that alot of UFOs are seen over the area at night. But no pictures or ivideo so far that I can find.
You might find this interesting.
www.hbccufo.org...

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Nventual]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Well, RAAF Base Edinburgh is an Australian air base, not an American one, hence the designation "RAAF Base" (Royal Australian Air Force). Indeed, joint operations conducted there in the past have been between the Australian and British governments, rather than Australian and American governments, although I am sure such liaisons do take place today.

Here is the official site for the base, which is nowhere near as secretive as Area 51.

The reason why RAAF Base Edinburgh is often cited as a location where classified or experimental technology is tested is due to its proximity and association with the Woomera Aerospace Facility, which was a joint Australian-British facility for weapons and aerospace testing. Until 1999, the site also played an important role in satellite tracking and communications interception, until these functions were transferred to the infamous Pine Gap base, which is a joint US-Australian base.

Nowadays, however, Woomera is mainly used for the testing of scientific rockets (a scramjet was successfully tested there by a university team, so it’s not as though it’s a highly classified, I’d-tell-you-but-I’d-have-to-kill-you location) and RAAF Base Edinburgh is a station for the deployment of long-range Maritime Patrol aircraft and P3C Orions, which patrol and defend Australia’s southern border.

Sorry brodband, but it looks as though Edinburgh is not quite as interesting as your friend’s brother made it out to be.

Edited to acknowledge that Nventual actually posted the link to the Base's home page before I did (sorry mate, wasn't trying to steal your thunder, didn't see it there) and to posit that the UFOs seen around the area are probably misidentified conventional or experimental craft or rockets being tested.

[edit on 25/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
sorry to bring up an old thread, but I couldnt help noticing it and thought maybe I could help. I live in Adelaide, Australia and know a bit about this stuff.

I have been to the RAAF base in question...... not as exciting as you have mentioned. I will also tell you that if they were going to stick a secret "area 51" style base in SA they would not put it anywhere near Elizabeth (northern or southern suburbs in fact) If you have ever seen a stereotypical british slum, that is Elizabeth. Beer cans everywhere to be seen, robberies everywhere, unemplyment is EXTREMELY high, murders, etc.

That base has nothing, planes take off from there, boring people visit there, old people talk about it, and school students are given recruitment speeches there, thats it.

My grandfather worked at woomera for a short time in (I think) the 60's (maybe later) and he has said that the most secret thing about that place is they dont tell you how hot it is until you get there.

On a recent trip to Darwin I saw pine gap out the window of the plane..... what a let down..... Pine Gap is used for communicatons and space BS, thats about it. Australia is boring, nothing happens here, and a little tip is if you want to find a secret US base here, look in the big empty place called Western Australia..... who in there right mind would look there??

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Area 51 is not a distraction. They didn't want to admit it's existence. Now they've had to because of Bob Lazar causing so many people to become interested in it during the late 80's and early 90's. None of us know what is there, so you really can't say either way if alien space craft have been there at one time or another. It could still be there underground for all we know or it could be nothing but our own advanced air craft there.

I tend to think Area 51 harbors many secrets including alien tech

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
i live in the n.t. in australia and i think that there is a lot more to pine gap than meets the eye. i have read into it a lot and they say its all underground (like area 51) but it dosent harbour aliens and stuff like that it actually has a huge 8000m antenna to recharge submarine batteries through E.L.F transmissions but like everything else who realy knows????

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ok my last post on here got deleted after a half hour or so... so i wont go into as much detail this time because you can figure it out for yourself, and i cant be botherd.

Area 51 is probally a distraction from DULCE, keeping spotlight on area 51 takes attention of the big boy that is dulce.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunkyBassist0010
Area 51 is probally a distraction from DULCE, keeping spotlight on area 51 takes attention of the big boy that is dulce.

I think Dulce is more of the same distraction, for those that are more persistent and don't stick to watching lights at mailboxes.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
THere is nothing more sinister going on at RAAF Edinburgh than every 3 months a batch of new recruits going through there.

It is also home to Australia's fleet of PC3 Orion Subhunting aircraft, and a few F-18s.

Good to see a few other Adelaidians on the board.

ANd yeah, I doubt that if they were gonna be doing seriously secret stuff, they would do it a loooong way away from South Australia's Capital.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Not to belittle your friends at NASA, but what makes you think that they would have any more information disclosed to them than we have disclosed to us about aliens and installations? Of course, the "Area 51 is a distraction theory" has been fairly popular for quite some time. But, I'm pretty sure that the people who actually have considerable knowledge about where ETs are held (if they are) do not disclose it to anyone in NASA that isn't extremely high-ranking, if anyone at all.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We have ET's, thats a given. I just know we do. I cant imagine that out of this VAST universe that there couldnt be anything out there that is as curious as we are (but with far "better" technology), not wanting to come and visit us.

Theyre technology increases as so do ours, and sometimes, I guess with reverse engineering, we "steal" their technology in some ways. Of course that will NEVER be announced to the public, because of National Security reasons.

I dont believe that anything is really at Area51. Well, I do think there is something out there, but nothing as far as UFO's and aliens. I just think that we want other people to believe that we are working on that stuff out there, that way, they waste their satellite film on that, rather than our other bases.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes, Area-51 was a gigantic distraction. If, at any time, the United States DID indeed have aliens at Area-51, I believe they are no longer there, and have been relocated. Area-51 is by-far the most advertised "Secret Military Installation" in the United States, and most likely the world. There are all kinds of theories, stories, bizzare-happenings, video games, posters, pictures, satellite photos, etc. of this installation, and I deem it as a very highly unlikely place to be holding UFOs/ETs/Alien Technology.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think the Australian US base is called Pine Top, I heard it's the largest underground base in the world supposedly based on how many supplies go in.
Someone supposedly got killed trying to get near the base, haven't heard of anything like that happening at area51 despite the posted signs. It's also supposedly an eschelon type base storing hordes of information on phone calls, emails etc, don't know how much of this is verifyable or just speculation but interesting to check out. Is there anyone here in Australia that knows more about it?

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yeah there are so many stories out there about Pine Gap. I have read people's journels of when they went out and camped a couple nights outside of Pine Gap and that they saw numerous UFO's flying around the area. Of course it could be a hoax but i tend to believe it.
I live in good old Adelaide as well...a place that is celebrated on its masonic foundations, great place to live but!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sorry folks, I do not believe the government is keeping aliens at either one of these bases. Okay, I DO believe aliens exist, but there are no UFOs at Area 51 or Edinburgh anymore.

They ARE keeping the following, secret weapons, Time Travel technology, Stolen or re-created human airplanes, other stolen goods. Basically, anything that is humanly advanced is being kept there. There maybe UFOS in them, but they are certainly not flyable. I doubt they are. How could humans, get a crashed alien ship to work anyway? I mean, the aliens built it using THEIR resources, THEIR technology, and THEIR minds. There is no way we could have duplicated or repaired such an aircraft. We may have borrowed the design from them, but no way we made more of them, that didn't use human parts.

new topics

top topics

join