It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stowaway Makes New York-Dallas Flight in Cargo Crate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   

FOX News
Federal agents say they are investigating how a man succeeded in stowing away in a cargo plane (search) on a flight from New York to Dallas by shipping himself in a wooden crate.

After hours of traveling, Charles McKinley, 25, of New York City, pried open the crate with a crowbar Saturday morning, authorities said. He popped up outside his parents' doorstep in suburban DeSoto, shook the hand of a shocked deliveryman and walked away, The Dallas Morning News reported Tuesday.

Air cargo receives less scrutiny than airline passengers in the heightened security imposed after the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

www.foxnews.com...

Maybe they should tighten up air cargo flights as well, this guy could actually have done them a favor by bringing to light an exploit in flight security. That had to be quite an uncomfortable ride, he probably would have been successful had he not popped out to the amazement of the deliveryman. The deliveryman is the one who called the police.

Supposedly his motive was to save money on the flight, I wonder how much cheaper it could be to air ship a large wooden crate.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
holy cow, that's hilarious! talk about egg on the faces of the airline security people! good thing the guy was just a silly person who wanted to save a few bucks on airfare and not a terrorist.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

FOX News
Supposedly his motive was to save money on the flight, I wonder how much cheaper it could be to air ship a large wooden crate.

I read somewhere that it costed over $500.00 to ship the crate. They say he could have flown first class for that amount.

join