It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majic: Back In Old Home Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

PODcast: Majic: Back In Old Home Again
I hadn't intended to put this one up because I made it for another board, but I want to give TrueAmerican an idea of what I sounded like back in February, 2005, so here it is. Shout out to my Old Homies! :^)

length: 04:09
file: bts_musicpodcast_352.mp3
size: 1954k
feed: btsm

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

PODcast: Majic: Back In Old Home Again (reply 1)
Cowboy Majic discusses the background for the song.

length: 02:36
file: bts_musicpodcast_353.mp3
size: 463k
feed:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow, when I heard your voice on that I was like "That's Majic?"

Great job on the "country" flavor with your voice!

As to the song itself, I'd send it off to a Nashville publisher. I think the lyrics work well, and deliver enough imagery to give you that "reminiscing" sorta feeling.

It's great to be able to write songs in different genres, huh?
That's makes the musical palette virtually unlimited for a writer, and boy can producing take on a whole new meaning when you switch genres!

One thing helpful to understand is that producing music and writing/performing music can be separate or one in the same if the artist/performer is also the producer. And the latter is the case in many local releases. But it is not necessarily the best way to go, since a producer can make a huge difference in pretty much all aspects of a song. And of course the better the overall presentation, the better the chances that someone's gonna like it.

In this song your talent for good melody shows once more, and it was cool to hear that you've written in another style. Variety is the spice of life, and it certainly helps in music, too.

join