It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who ordered gun confiscation in NO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There's been a lot of talk of the gun confiscation in New Orleans obviously. I'm not arguing over whether or not it's wrong and unconstitutional, because it CLEARLY is. But I want to be clear about what levels of government are responsible. Many are blaming the feds and I would not be surprised if it turned out to be true. But from everything I've seen, like footage, I've only noticed local police and the nation guard (Louisiana national guard pretty sure) going around, doing the confiscation. So this would put the blame on Blanco and Nagin, correct? Because they are in charge of the local police, and Blanco would have control over the LA national guard. Although, some of those going around taking guns on the footage are hard to tell what agency they are part of.

However, many talk about how the feds are to blame at least partially. Claims that the BATF and/or FBI were out leading the local police in the confiscations and forced evacuations. If this were true, then the feds would be at fault as well. Can anyone provide some sources that could clear this question up? I've already done some searching, but haven't come up with much. People seem to still be confused on exactly who gave the order.

Also, I have heard that New Orleans was federalized a couple years ago and the local government was put under homeland security. Is there any validity to this? If this is true, then most of the blame, if not all would be on the feds, which again, wouldn't surprise me.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

join