It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-15E + AN/APG-77

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i`ve heard that the eurofighter can atually detect the raptor at useful ranges , one where it can get a shot off in good time. And this was one of the selling points over the rafale to the saudi`s.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JFrazier

Maybe, but we'll probably never know how effective the F-22's LERX design really is. If the design is at least as advanced as the F-22 intake design then I think it will work pretty well.

It'll be good, no doubt of that, but due to geometry limitations, it cannot induce the same transverse velocities underneath the LERX which add to the vortex strength and size above.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Harlequin, that’s interesting since the Raptors RCS is classified and since Typhoons have not trained with F-22’s under realistic conditions, you know when the RCS is not artificially enhanced for training purposes.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon4this1

Originally posted by COWlan
APG-77 on F-15E? Wow, that would put F-15E at the same level as the Raptor. Execellent, the moolah is gonna be a lot though.

I guess the one-liner rule was broken with this one:

what I meant to say was that this in and of itself is a nutty and foolish statement.

Time will tell.

Just mark the words.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
thats interesting . . . . can the raptors radar detect other raptors . . . ? ? ? im sure it can . . . the question is at what range . . . ? ? ? ( they say the f15 couldnt detect the raptors even at wvr ) . . . .

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsairbags

performance . . ? ? su can perform any damn thing the f22 can perform . . . . in a dog-fight the f22 dosent stand a chance . . . range and payload wise too sukhoi is better . . . . only place where su lets down is in its dadar dept

Uh no. In a WVR fight the Raptor will hold its own make no mistake about it. The pilots will learn to keep the energy high where the Raptor has the advantage. I haven't heard of the Flankers doing a 360 degree roll at 60 degrees alpha so each plane has their strong point. Range, the Flanker probably has the advantage. The F-22 is a smaller plane but also has more supersonic persistence. There are other advantages to the F-22 package that have already been mentioned so I won't go in to those.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by JFrazier]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
so youve seen a raptor do a 360 degree roll out . . . ? ? ? where . . ? ?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join