It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking about Chinese J-14 to Stealth F/A-37

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You've heard that have you?

And didn't you ask yourself how likely it would be that the military would see a plane in a movie and decide to build one for real? What next, Thunderbird 2 for RAF Transport Command?

You seem as gullible as the guy who thought the Firefox was really planned, that wasn't you too was it?

No offence intended, but the notion is too ridiculous not to comment.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
That plane looked very crappy anyways...
And the AI plane looked like it was out of Strek or STwars..

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
well the YF-23 is to become the FB-23
which it looks better in that role, FB seems to be its true calling!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neutrino
yeah i knew the plane was fake cos its in that "stealth" film but i have heard that the f/a-37 has been thought about recently and 1 may also have been made sooo

Not likely. It's just a mock up for the movie, that's about it, I don't think any real-time contractor is seriously thinking about building an actual F/A-37.

If they were to make an aircraft such as the F/A-37, it would be a different design, wouldn't be the actual F/A-37, despite the fact that it looks cool, it might not even fly. Does anyone know if the Mock Ups were put in the air for glide testing?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Not likely. It's just a mock up for the movie, that's about it, I don't think any real-time contractor is seriously thinking about building an actual F/A-37.

If they were to make an aircraft such as the F/A-37, it would be a different design, wouldn't be the actual F/A-37, despite the fact that it looks cool, it might not even fly. Does anyone know if the Mock Ups were put in the air for glide testing?

Shattered OUT...

ever heard of the Switchblade? i think the U.S. Airforce and the contractors were serious about that.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

ever heard of the Switchblade? i think the U.S. Airforce and the contractors were serious about that.

Duh, well yes, obviously. But the fact that the concept then turns up in a movie tells you all you need to know.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

You weren't reading it like I was saying it apparantly, I didn't say that the concept was inconcievable now did I?

And yes, I have heard of the Switchblade, I've heard of it when I first joined ATS 2 years ago. The Switchblade concept has been around alot longer than the F/A-37 has, and not to mention, that the Switchblade isn't even public knowledge, it is a Special Access Project. All we have are concept drawings of it.

I for one do believe in the Switchblade configuration, I do believe that it allows for super manueverability and super speeds all in one package, it's the best of two worlds, it combines FSW manueverability with a high-speed airframe. What I was trying to say was that I don't believe that the F/A-37 is a real aircraft, nor are any contractors planning on making the F/A-37 real(That I know of). It doesn't mean that there isn't a concept out there that's similiar to the F/A-37.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
that plane in the original pic is almost exactly the same as one that i drew up then made a lego model of it (yes i still fiddle around with lego). it is armed a bit over the top but its still cool. it has 4 long range missiles (AA-12 adder) come out the bottom, 2 beside the cockpit and 4 short range missiles (AA-11 archer) out the top of the engines,2 beside the cockit with the AA-12s and 2 down the bottom next to the AA-12s there.
i drew it up and made the model before i saw these pics
ill put pics on if i can get it to work (havent put pics on before)

about the canards and intake of the computer model been radar sails.
doesnt the mig 144 and eurofighter have them

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
In a sarky moment last week I posted this comment in this thread;

Originally posted by waynos
What next, Thunderbird 2 for RAF Transport Command?

Well, bugger me if I haven't just found this model photo! Brilliant!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Well, bugger me if I haven't just found this model photo! Brilliant!!!!

WTF?

What is this? The Good Year blimp married the X-29? Are these supposed to be the kids from that misguided relationship?

Is this really supposed to Fly? Sorry, but I can't decide which of those two is uglier! The RAF wants to fly those? Gee, thanks for reminding me why the RAF finest hour was 61 years ago. Please don't tell me the Brit's are really going to fly these things. What are these things anyway!

Tim

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
lol, they are what I said! Thunderbird 2! You know, the TV show 'Thunderbirds!"

I guess you've never seen it. T2 was supposed to be a mach three VTOL heavy transport , hey! its a TV show!!!

the white one is the original Thunderbird 2 from the TV series but painted up in '60's RAF livery and the grey one is the updated version from last years (stinking) movie in current RAF transport livery.

I found them on a 'What If?' modellers site and thought it very ironic after my comment.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Now, who are able to identify this below true or fake

jra

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Now, who are able to identify this below true or fake

It's CG. It's the same one that was posted in the begining of this thread. That's a great render though. And a very nicely detailed model. Who ever made this is pretty good.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
How can you made out it was a fake?
Where in the picture you can point out blemish?
Did you know a nespaper of PLA in China?
It was so authoritative that never made or use fake!

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This picture was posted on the What If modellers site yesterday as a cgi fake that someone wanted to model in plastic. I can't see the join, as it were, but there seemed no question on there that it was real at all.

jra

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
How can you made out it was a fake?
Where in the picture you can point out blemish?
Did you know a nespaper of PLA in China?
It was so authoritative that never made or use fake!

By the quality of the image. It's not that there is a blemish, it's because the image is too perfect. All the edges on every object are all so sharp and crisp, the colours are so vibrant, the way the light bloom glows through the windows. It's all too perfect. That's what makes it look CG. It's also the exact same model that was posted at the very start of this thread. Except those were lower quality renders with lower resolution textures.

I wish this jet was real, because I think it looks really good. But sadly it is not.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by jra]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join