It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S President Bush Seen As Greater Threat Than Bin laden

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
At this particular moment in time who cares what Arabs think?

They represent so much of what is wrong with humanity today...

If the average Arab views ole GW as a greater threat than Uncle Binny, well then... He must be doing SOMETHING right!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

Now that's a Bit Racist Statement, isnt it?

When you say "Arabs" do you mean all Muslim people in the World or just those "Raghead Terrorist"?

And Abusement and Torture of Prisoners is "Humane"?

Yeah Right!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If the average Arab views ole GW as a greater threat than Uncle Binny, well then... He must be doing SOMETHING right!

Seriously, the slogan of this site is "deny igrnorance" not "Increace ingnorance"....

I can for one say that it's not only "Some arab countries" that see G.W.Bush and his corporate war machine as a bigger threat then any terrorist organisation.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

I can for one say that it's not only "Some arab countries" that see G.W.Bush and his corporate war machine as a bigger threat then any terrorist organisation.

oh, he's hated universally but the article in question is specific in its region and in its comparison to Osama. I would like to see a breakdown of each nation that they polled along with some kind of breakdown of the various countries themselves. It would be interesting to see if this opinion was the same from the poorest of the poor on up to the richest of the rich.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is funny... my friend snapped this pic with his sidekickII and sent it to me last night:

Kinda scary, considering we still have some time left with him and Cheney

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

This is funny... my friend snapped this pic with his sidekickII and sent it to me last night:

That picture is old....I think Souljah showed it awhile back.

Funny tho

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
WHAT? Arabs don't like Bush? Whatever for?

This one should be filed under "DUH!"

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Doesn't this sort of suppose that the media in Arab countries are portraying both leaders in an objective light?

And isn't that sort of... like... not the case at all?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Maybe you should go to Cairo and live. Open your eyes because no matter what we do someone will always hate us in the USA just because of how we live and our religon or preveived religon. Maybe if Hillary wore a Burka and spoke only when spoken to they would be happy.

The nice thing about being in America is that when you get someone that is president that you feel is an embarassment you have the right to vote them out of office. Why would someone move to Cairo and give up that freedom? Seems like the cowards way out. I think if people take the time to talk to others from out of the U.S. I think they'll find its not only the Arabs that feel this way. I know alot of people out of the country and unfortunately the one thing that I hear when talking about our leadership is that its a "joke"

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The Advisory Committee on Cultural Diplomacy cited polls that found that large majorities in Egypt, Morocco and Saudi Arabia "view George W. Bush as a greater threat to the world order than Osama bin Laden".

World order....world order...what do they mean by that?

Stoning women in public? Cutting off a limb for petty theft? "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."

Oh, that kind of world order!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Stoning women in public? Cutting off a limb for petty theft? "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."

Oh, that kind of world order!

Beating with Steel Rods?

Making "Human Pyramids" when you're Bored is A-OK?

"Some days we would just get bored so we would have everyone sit in a corner and then make them get in a pyramid," an unidentified sergeant who worked at the base from August 2003 to April 2004 told Human Rights Watch. "This was before Abu Ghraib but just like it. We did that for amusement."

Here's a Quote For You.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."

Then here is a thought...islam shouldn't BE in America!...nuff said

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
souljah, there's no excuse for the corwardly acts of a few soldiers. however, their behavior is not indicative of our society as a whole and we don't enforce antiquated laws or beliefs in a manner as barbaric as gang rape for adultery, caught stealing? lose a hand etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
The US State Department has been warned by a panel today that President GW Bush is seen as a greater threat than Osama Bin laden in some Arab countries.

I can guarantee that these Arab countries are not the only people who see Bush as a greater threat than Bin Laden. There are plenty of people I know in the US and right here on this board who fear BushCo more than we fear Bin Laden. I say 'we' because I'm one of them. Bin Laden is a weenie compared to BushCo. (Can I say weenie??)

Thanks, Souljah, for bringing up the PNAC stuff. I'm consistantly amazed at the number of people who have never heard about it. The media is doing a pretty good job of keeping it under a rug with the Downing Street memos, etc.

Deny more Ignorance by reading more about it here:
The PNAC Primer

In the early-1990s, there was a group of ideologues and power-politicians on the fringe of the Republican Party's far-right. The members of this group in 1997 would found The Project for the New American Century (PNAC); their aim was to prepare for the day when the Republicans regained control of the White House -- and, it was hoped, the other two branches of government as well -- so that their vision of how the U.S. should move in the world would be in place and ready to go, straight off-the-shelf into official policy.

This PNAC group was led by such heavy hitters as Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, James Woolsey, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Bill Kristol, James Bolton, Zalmay M. Khalilzad, William Bennett, Dan Quayle, Jeb Bush, most of whom were movers-and-shakers in previous Administrations, then in power-exile, as it were, while Clinton was in the White House. But even given their reputations and clout, the views of this group were regarded as too extreme to be taken seriously by the mainstream conservatives that controlled the Republican Party.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm a white, capitalist, middle-class, English national, and I see George W Bush as more of a threat than any "terrorist". And I'm not alone in this position either - most of the people I know, no matter what age they are or what background they were brought up in is seeing Mr. Bush as the biggest threat in the world. When I start hearing word that anti-American anti-war demonstrations and gouprs are popping up all over the world, the states included, I know one thing for sure.

If (maybe even when) World War III starts, it will be by his hands, not Communists, Fascists, Terrorists, or whichever "threat" the government is picking out this time round.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
the mentality is the same in both men....good/evil, black/white, us/them and any other duality you can compare them by....such a world view has been making a mess of things since the beginnings of civilization, it has to be put aside and we have to look a ourselves as part of one family with problems that have to be addressed by all of us until change can come and that includes terrorism and the war on terrorism.....and other than the fact that one is done by a state and the other by stateless men, the act is the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Come on Souljah admit it, as a rational human being you've simply GOT to be embarassed by what passes for 'normal' behavior/cultural mores among Arabs.

Originally posted by Souljah

Now that's a Bit Racist Statement, isnt it?

When you say "Arabs" do you mean all Muslim people in the World or just those "Raghead Terrorist"?

Nah Souljah... It's more along the lines of judging a book by its contents!

Or more judging this group by their actual actions.

Originally posted by Souljah
And Abusement and Torture of Prisoners is "Humane"?

Kind of unexpected of you as an apologist for Arabs, stepping up on condemning all that 'Allah Akbar' head chopping.

[quote 'feature' edit on 24-9-2005 by golemina]

[edit on 24-9-2005 by golemina]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ugh...another poll running as a news spot indicating nothing new.
From the initial article:

The panel's report warns that televised images of US policy choices - such as in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the invasion of Iraq - reverberate across the Arab media and will "long haunt the image of the United States", the paper said.

Is there anything new here...anything?

Other than the Iraq War, for which the heavily biased anti-Bush news.com.au [seemingly, Mayet's favorite news pull site] calls "invasion", there is nothing new being reported. In fact, this is old news and has been for a few decades. Most of the Arab world, especially in the countries that news.com.au cited as being polled, have always been anti-US [aka: the US has always had 'negative image', etc], in respect to the US policy towards Israel, the only true democratic styled government in the Arab world till Iraq.

as posted by Mayet
The US really needs to look at how the rest of the world is perceiving their actions and do something positive to fix their image and reputation.

Many people who have adopted to the new modes of political correctness in these days of the war on terrorism might agree, but as it stands, the US reputation and how the rest of the world perceives the US is immaterial when applied to foreign policy decision makers. World perception of a nation is nothing more than a consideration, taken or left.

seekerof

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Let's get this thread back on topic, k?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join