It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S President Bush Seen As Greater Threat Than Bin laden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The US State Department has been warned by a panel today that President GW Bush is seen as a greater threat than Osama Bin laden in some Arab countries. The report presented by the panel is scathing of America's Image and Repuation abroad and says it could hardly be worse. "There is deep and abiding anger towards US policies and actions". was the finding by a mission to the middle east last year.

www.news.com.au
The Advisory Committee on Cultural Diplomacy cited polls that found that large majorities in Egypt, Morocco and Saudi Arabia "view George W. Bush as a greater threat to the world order than Osama bin Laden".

Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy Karen Hughes, a longtime presidential adviser, prepares to leave this weekend on a "listening tour" of the Middle East.

The panel's report warns that televised images of US policy choices - such as in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the invasion of Iraq - reverberate across the Arab media and will "long haunt the image of the United States", the paper said.

In much of the world, the report said, the United States is viewed as "less a beacon of hope than a dangerous force to be countered", according to The Post.

The advisory committee was created by the US Congress in 2004 and charged with advising the secretary of state on how to advance cultural diplomacy.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It certainly is a state of affairs that needs urgent attention. The US really needs to look at how the rest of the world is perceiving their actions and do something positive to fix their image and reputation.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Its a sad state of affairs to be involved in something of this nature for the United States of America. Normally, i'd defend my country, today i have to agree with them.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Maybe you should go to Cairo and live. Open your eyes because no matter what we do someone will always hate us in the USA just because of how we live and our religon or preveived religon. Maybe if Hillary wore a Burka and spoke only when spoken to they would be happy.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
President GW Bush is seen as a greater threat than
Osama Bin laden in some Arab countries.

In 'some Arab countries'.
How many are 'some'?
Three? Four? Any more than that and it would have says 'many'
And considering they are Arab and are spoon fed their version
of truth by Al Jazeera (who believed and pushed Bagdad Bob's
version of truth), what else would you expect?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

The US really needs to look at how the rest of the world is perceiving their actions and do something positive to fix their image and reputation.

I think you mean that we need to do MORE positive things than we ALREADY do. The US does many good things for many countries..especially many of the third world under developed countries.

President GW Bush is seen as a greater threat than Osama Bin laden in some Arab countries.

I think we have better things to worry about that what SOME Arab countries think about ol'GW. Of course there will always be some countries and peoples that don't like GW...just like there are some countries that Support/ed Saddam and even a few maybe that support OBL.

Meanwhile much of the world sees the US/Bush in an entirely different manner.......

[edit on 24/9/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This isn't a popularity contest. I'm more concerned with my President doing what is RIGHT than doing what is popular in the Middle East. Obviously there is going to be a negative opinion when the Arab government-controlled press over there does nothing but spew hatred of America and the Jews all day and night. It's a strategy on their part to take attention off of their government's failures at home- unemployment, poverty, etc. A strategy that has worked extremely well in the past few decades.

The problem is that every Arab with a satellite dish or the money to go and pick up the local paper is going to see and read about the evils of the Zionist-controlled Crusaders- America. Until these Islamofascist propaganda machines are gone- and freedom takes root in the Middle East- this problem will continue on. The important thing is that we not allow ourselves to dictate our foreign policy and our conduct of the war on terror by how we are perceived in the biased Arab media. We must continue to do what is right- not what is popular- and in the end we will all be much better off for it.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Arab countries like Saudi Arabia find Bush to be more of a danger to them than Osama? Really? Whoda thunk it?

Of course they believe that. Why wouldn't they when their news comes from Al Jazeera? Why would they think otherwise when they burn all of our presidents in effigy? Why would they think that when they dance in the streets to rejoice over the death of our innocent citizens kiiled by their acts of terror?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
President Bush is probably having a lot of sleepless nights wondering if he could have done things differently. He's certainly not perfect, but I suggest he's no doubt more aware of it that then American People..

Dunno dgtempe.. just a thought

Dallas

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Considering that Bin Laden does probalby NOT exsist at all,
I am sure that there is nobody more dangerous then Bush Junior,
Except his Father and his Corporate Friends like Dick, Donald, Paul, Jeb, Richard, Lewis, William, Zalmay, Ellen and another Richard.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Who are the last four people, i.e.: Lewis, William, Zalmay and Ellen ? don't recognize them yet..

Dallas

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Who are the last four people, i.e.: Lewis, William, Zalmay and Ellen ? don't recognize them yet..

The War Profiteers:

The Project for the New American Century, or PNAC, is a Washington, DC, USA based think tank. The group was established in spring 1997 as a non-profit organization with the goal of promoting "American global leadership"

Present and former members include several prominent members of the Republican Party and Bush Administration, including Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Jeb Bush, Richard Perle, Richard Armitage, Dick Cheney, Lewis Libby, William J. Bennett, Zalmay Khalilzad, and Ellen Bork, the wife of Robert Bork. A large number of its ideas and its members are associated with the neoconservative movement.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am sorry - I forgot to mention Another Richard in the PNAC.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
O.K. wow ! Not an expert in this field, but can you tell me more?, what are they or were up to.. seems elaborate and mayhap's important?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Okay, they see us as such a threat? Well, let's puul out all of our aid and money from the areas. Where will they be then? Oh yeah, begging for our humanitarian efforts back.

We're a major power. Someone is ALWAYS going to hate us. Why? Because they want that power. Simple as that!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

O.K. wow ! Not an expert in this field, but can you tell me more?, what are they or were up to.. seems elaborate and mayhap's important?

Dallas

They basicly know a 3-letter word very well - WAR.

And another 5-letter world - MONEY.

Let's check their Main Goals:

The PNAC website [2] states the group's "fundamental propositions", which are:
  • "American leadership is good both for America and for the world"
  • "such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle"
  • "too few political leaders today are making the case for global leadership."
  • A significant increase of U.S. defense spending.
  • Strengthening ties with the U.S.'s allies and to challenge regimes hostile to U.S. interests and values.
  • Promoting the cause of political and economic freedom outside the U.S.
  • Preserving and extending an international order friendly to U.S. security, prosperity, and principles.

The PNAC and its members had long called for the United States to abandon the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty between the US and the Soviet Union, from which the US withdrew in 2002. The PNAC also proposes to control the new "international commons" of Space and "Cyberspace" and pave the way for the creation of a new military service—U.S. Space Forces—with the mission of space control.

In September 2000, the PNAC issued a 90-page report entitled Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies, Forces, And Resources For A New Century, and proceeding "from the belief that America should seek to preserve and extend its position of global leadership by maintaining the preeminence of U.S. military forces." The report has been the subject of much analysis and criticism.

You can find more Valuable Information on the Links Below:

en.wikipedia.org...

newamericancentury.org...

Regular Nice Guys yeah?

I am sure the entire World Will Enjoy the PEACE and DEMOCRACY these guys will Spread around.

I can already feel the Love Coming.

[edit on 24/9/05 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
do they have team jackets? if so, I want in.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well done Sir. I'm a watcher now. I did know Bush Junior annouced to Russia's Putin he was disolving the Nuclear testing agreement, I believe in 2002 as you said.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Maybe you should go to Cairo and live. Open your eyes because no matter what we do someone will always hate us in the USA just because of how we live and our religon or preveived religon. Maybe if Hillary wore a Burka and spoke only when spoken to they would be happy.

thats funny. ive been to cairo four times now and i have yet to see a woman in a burka there. most wear western clothing with a headscarf and suprisingly, some even can speak, read and write english better than i bet you can arabic

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
do they have team jackets? if so, I want in.

I am sure you do - you will be in Very Nice Company.

• Gary Bauer, former presidential candidate, president of American Values
  • William J. Bennett, former Secretary of Education and Drug Czar, co-founder of Empower America, author of the Book of Virtues
  • Ellen Bork, deputy director of PNAC, and wife of failed Reagan Supreme Court nominee Robert Bork
  • Rudy Boschwitz
  • Jeb Bush, governor of Florida
  • R. James Woolsey, former director of the CIA for Bill Clinton, vice-president at Booz Allen & Hamilton
  • Eliot A. Cohen, professor of strategic studies at Johns Hopkins University
  • Thomas Donnelly, director of communications, Lockheed Martin
  • Steve Forbes, multi-billionaire publisher of Forbes Magazine, former presidential candidate
  • Aaron Friedberg, director of the Center of International Studies
  • Frank Gaffney, columnist, founder of Center for Security Policy
  • Reuel Marc Gerecht, director of the Middle East Initiative
  • Fred Ikle, Center for Strategic and International Studies
  • Donald Kagan, Yale University professor, conservative columnist with various State Department ties
  • Jeane Kirkpatrick, former U.S. ambassador
  • Charles Krauthammer
  • William Kristol, a PNAC founder and chairman, editor of the Weekly Standard
  • Christopher Maletz
  • Daniel McKivergan
  • Richard Perle, a PNAC founder, formerly of the Defense Policy Board
  • Norman Podhoretz, Hudson Institute
  • Dan Quayle, former vice-president
  • Stephen Rosen, Beton Michael Kaneb Professor of National Security and Military Affairs, Harvard University
  • Henry Rowen, former president of Rand Corporation
  • Gary Schmitt
  • Vin Weber, former congressman, lobbyist, vice-chairman of Empower America
  • George Weigel, political commentator

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Open your eyes because no matter what we do someone will always hate us in the USA just because of how we live and our religon or preveived religon.

yes its how you live, usa must stop sticking their nose in every other country's business, or it will continue to get bloodied.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

yes its how you live, usa must stop sticking their nose in every other country's business, or it will continue to get bloodied.

I totally agree (in theory). We should stop all of our foreign aid to other countries, pull all our troops, cease USAID, peace corps, Funding, educational programs, etc..etc....

Great Idea bigspud

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join