It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU-34 Fullback

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I`ve heard that the russians allready have this aircraft and at least 1 squadron in service?

Does anyone have anything to substantiate this?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Talking about this?

Last i heard deployment is starting at 2006
Production is being set up at Novosibirsk
and the current designation that sukhoi uses is SU-32 ? ? ?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
yes that aircraft - nato reporting name is the SU-34 Fullback , and its been in limited production since 2002

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's certainly an awesome looking plane anyway!

I notice the 2 pilot confuiguration, side by side, nice!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Greetings,

I have to say, that I love this modern attack aircraft. To me it appears that the Russians have picked up on the A-6/F-111 attack aircraft concept. The Su-34 is both a low level battlefield attack aircraft with the ability to switch roles to maritime strike, Some thing the americans could never agree on. Lets just hope they employ new tactics for it.

- Phil

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
One good feature is that it still retains ability for intersept missions and atleast part of flankers agility and dogfight ability (with ability to carry 12 A2A missiles)

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Harlequin why are you starting a new thread again,

SU-34 - who will buy it?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I heard they were carrier capable..
They would certainly improve the ability of any carrier..
A few of these with the remaining asMiG-29ks/Su-27s would constitute a whopper of a carrier flight deck!!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nice aircraft. I always knew it as the Platypus. Not sure where I heard the name from but I can tell cuz of the elongated.... THING... between the turbine outlets and the side-by-side cockpit. Nice aircraft. I do believe that these are carrier capable. MiG 29's, the S-32 Berkut, and the really new MiG... Can't remember designation. And a couple of these would make any air strike a big health hazard to anyone within range!

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooseuk
Greetings,

I have to say, that I love this modern attack aircraft. To me it appears that the Russians have picked up on the A-6/F-111 attack aircraft concept. The Su-34 is both a low level battlefield attack aircraft with the ability to switch roles to maritime strike, Some thing the americans could never agree on. Lets just hope they employ new tactics for it.

- Phil

Being honest , this is ahead of those 2 aircraft - the SU-24 was the aircraft of the same time frame

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0
Nice aircraft. I always knew it as the Platypus. Not sure where I heard the name from but I can tell cuz of the elongated.... THING... between the turbine outlets and the side-by-side cockpit. Nice aircraft. I do believe that these are carrier capable. MiG 29's, the S-32 Berkut, and the really new MiG... Can't remember designation. And a couple of these would make any air strike a big health hazard to anyone within range!

Well, wouldn't make sense to be called the Platypus, because NATO designates most Russian Aircraft starting with "F". And the S-32 Berkut, well there's a strange story behind that, because there was actually another aircraft designated S-32 before the FSW configurated Berkut. Well when they designated the Berkut S-32, it was incorrect, and redesignated it before publicly announcing the aircraft back in the mid 1990's, it was redesignated S-37.

Then later on, when Sukhoi realized that the S-37 itself might be a good export aircraft, they redesignated it the S"u"-47. That made it a production aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

signature
My 3dfx Voodoo5 6000

Do you really have one of those, and if so do you really use it?

3dfx lost more on that than any video card ever made.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't know, the Vid Card doesn't look all that great to me, it just looks like it has a great cooling system. But if you've ever checked out Dual PNY SLI tech 7800 GTX graphics. To druel over. *druels*

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
I don't know, the Vid Card doesn't look all that great to me, it just looks like it has a great cooling system. But if you've ever checked out Dual PNY SLI tech 7800 GTX graphics. To druel over. *druels*

Shattered OUT...

I have a Geforce 6800 myself that blows away the V5-6000.

The card was never released, but a few samples were auctioned off just before 3dfx went out of business.

It had four video accelerators on one board.

If it had been released it would have been the fastest, but without a geometry engine.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This game is the standard arabian coalition bomber in battlefield 2 , great bomber and flies great too.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senser

This game is the standard arabian coalition bomber in battlefield 2 , great bomber and flies great too.

The Su-34 has a desert camo for the MEC army of Battlefield 2, personally, I always choose it over the F-15, it's such a great aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What kind of plane is the SU-34?
Fighter, bomber?

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The SU-34 is the replacment for the SU-24 (and other aircraft) its a long range fighter/bomber - much like the F-111 Aardvark.

My v56k?
yes i still have it , yes it still works , and yes its 5 years old now.

It has 128meg of sdram , which for its time was unheard of , and is as frast as a GF2 ultra/GF3 - the fact it doesn`t have a geometry engine is good - software DX7 is faster now than hardware DX7 - in fact , by the time the AXP`s (above 2ghz) came along it was faster anyway.

Of course a modern card will be faster - but anyone can go and buy a GTX , you cannot by a 6k at all - and UT`99 looks and plays very well with 8xAA on it!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am working on Su-27 family development diagram. Maybe I will finish it next week. After that, everything will be clean. The Su-32/34 is the fourth development line, derived from Su-27. The first prototype was designed T10V, then Su-32FN, then Su-34 and finaly it is Su-32. Except one prototype, if my information reflects current status, Sukhoi built six pre-production aircrafts.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
In was looking up some info on the fullback and founf out that the pilot and copilot climb up a latter on the landing gear. they have a picture post here
www.lizdas.lt...
To me that makes sence even more so for the idea of less openings for stealth purposes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join