It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Website Lists Clinical Trials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

www.latimes.com...

LONDON — The global pharmaceutical industry launched a website Wednesday that gives details of clinical trials on new medicines in a bid to allay patient fears over drug safety.

The move follows criticism that companies manipulate or suppress results of clinical studies to come up with favorable conclusions.

The new website (www.ifpma.org/clinicaltrials), established by the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Assns., links available online information about clinical trials worldwide.

Drug makers — including some that have voluntarily launched their own databases — hope the project will head off legislation in the wake of scandals over Merck & Co.'s pain drug Vioxx and the use of antidepressants in adolescents.

The site will carry detailed information about most new clinical trials, but companies have the option to withhold some information.

A new website listing clinical trials and results has been created for easy access to information. I see this as a good thing to find all information in the one spot. Hopefully this site will fulfill it's agenda and the public will become increasingly aware of what trials are taking place where and with what results.
www.ifpma.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That seems like a good thing. I wonder if this has anything to with the abrupt resignation of Lester M. Crawford, the commissioner of food and drugs?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Clinical trial info has always been available here, too - if only in the US (though it does list international studies too).

You can search using various criteria to find trials in your area or relating to any particular medical condition.

I doubt it's anything to do with anybody's resignation; as I said, the info has always been available.

It's just that it's all in one clearinghouse now. And that's gotta be good!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
No I am not sure on that but it would be great if you could post a link or maybe make a topic with a snippet and your thoughts.

new topics

top topics

join