It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina And HAARP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Way to revive this thread months later. I was looking for it the other day, but couldn't locate it!

Originally posted by nuclearap0x
To those whom said I did not do the research on the topic, TRUST ME, I HAVE! lol.. I wouldn't have posted without it. The project is shrowded in secrecy, but openly invites public tours to part of the facility to end many people's belief in using it as a military weapon. However its a very very very very powerful piece of technology which should not by any means be underminded. Especially Considering that this project was established by the US. Military. Thanks for the posts all

So show us your research then.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclearap0x
it would be emitting a ray off of the Ionosphere back down to earth to a specific spot and could potentially do remote damage to any corner of the earth.

I'll bet you flunked geometry in high school.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
How about some mathmatical proofs as well.

How much energy would be required to create or steer a hurricane?

How is that energy delivered from Alaska, where HAARP is located to the tropics?

I heard that HAARP signal can be sent to anywhere in the northern hemishpher, pretty much.

I doubt it created the storm, it could have amplified it or stirred it in the direction elite want. Maybe to test out FEMA camps?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
the people who dismiss this or say they want proof are either

naive

not so intelligent

dont quite get the big picture

gov't has secret project that causes certain dangers that the public can not stomach in the name of "defense purposes" and since the gov't can always be trusted than we should expect the gov't to publish proof saying the technology we created is very dangerous it can do unspeakable things which we really dont want to use it for, but then again u would be very surprised at how many lives we may be willing to sacrifice for our agenda's (and no not just thru war) so everyone here are all the details and all the risks we are willing to take or ahheemm we are willing to subject u to, and when u go to vote for your senators and congress man who passed these bills and ur president and so on please don't let this effect your naive idiotic easily manipulated opinions k

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Or, you know, we have scientific data/fact to back us up... Versus the hearsay and rumors and unscientific "information" saying against us. But since when has anyone ever listened to the intellectuals?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow, my first venture into a HAARP thread on ATS, and a fairly balanced discussion is in progress!

Agree with CmdrKeenKid.

HAARP is very interesting, has more than one use, and is providing a lot of basic upper atmospheric information. It's not the only ionospheric heater, either. Why aren't the other ones the objects of suspicion that HAARP is?

My personal guess is that truly horrible book that Begich wrote, that everyone seems to use for source material. You shouldn't read that without washing your hands afterwards, excrement is unsanitary.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
the people who dismiss this or say they want proof are either

naive

not so intelligent

dont quite get the big picture

That's quite an opinion you have of the scientific community
I know a few atmospheric scientists and professional meteorologists. I'm sure they'd be delighted to hear you think so highly of them

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

gov't has secret project that causes certain dangers that the public can not stomach in the name of "defense purposes" and since the gov't can always be trusted than we should expect the gov't to publish proof saying the technology we created is very dangerous it can do unspeakable things which we really dont want to use it for

No, no, 'unspeakable things' for defense purposes, that's another project entirely.

The only reason HAARP side-projects are unspeakable is that they're either restricted or classified. But most of them are pretty boring, with the occasional few bits of "hey, I didn't know you could do THAT!" tossed in. None of them really qualify for Creature Feature reruns though, no mind control, melting people in mid-stride or any of that.

Would you feel better if I told you that some of the tested-out stuff is going spaceborne, and isn't a research topic at the Gakona facility anymore? At least two "secondary functions" are good-to-go and have been run from an STS as a demo, and while I haven't looked up the project numbers in the funding directory lately, I'm pretty sure the sat based stuff has gone aloft by now, the project kickoffs for both were in 1999.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't think alot of you realize what the real mystery surrouding HAARP is all about. It has everything to do with supposed use of supposed longitudinal electromagnetic (EM) waves which aren't 'supposed' to exist. There is alot of stuff on the web so do a google search and look up "scalar electromagnetics". What's true and what's not? Who knows but it's all interesting to say the least. The existence of compression EM waves in space would have severe ramifications and would be worthy of being relegated to top secret status. According to what I have read, (whether it is true or not) longitudinal EM waves have their own set of rules that fly in the face of conventional wisdom however, it takes two or more emitters firing in 'sequence' and it's at the point of 'interference' that the desired effects occur. I'll leave it at that for now.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
HAARP couldn't just up and creat a hurricane.
What HAARP could do is turn a cat 2-3 into a cat 5+. HAARP uses microwave frequencys to heat the ozone layer. By doing this at the right time you could effectivly heat the water and air underneith, and when hurricanes hit warm water they grow in magnitude.

Yes, Katrina could have been effected by this HAARP weaponry.
And, they have tested HAARP many of times, some times raising the Ozone layer by as much as 1,000 feet.

Cloud seeding could have been used to keep the rains coming as well, making all the clouds rolling over New Orleans drop most of their water before they left the area.

I don't know. Seems paranoid to blame weather on the government.

But then again, the U.N. thought it was important enough that they drew up an international law saying no country can use "weather warfare" against its people or enemys. This was in the 60s? I believe.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Great White Cheney
HAARP couldn't just up and creat a hurricane.
What HAARP could do is turn a cat 2-3 into a cat 5+. HAARP uses microwave frequencys to heat the ozone layer. By doing this at the right time you could effectivly heat the water and air underneith, and when hurricanes hit warm water they grow in magnitude.

Yes, Katrina could have been effected by this HAARP weaponry.
And, they have tested HAARP many of times, some times raising the Ozone layer by as much as 1,000 feet.

Er, ok. . .

Can you be a little bit more specific?

Just how does HAARP heat up the ozone layer over the tropics from Alaska?

Just how does raising the ionosphere cause the ocean temperature to rise?

Just how much of an increase in temperature are you talking about?

Cite any papers or bone fide scientific sources you like. No Rense, please. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
H.A.A.R.P : Nice. And frightening? Since 1993

But it is not the only facility who is able to do this.
What about: SURA since 1981 (in Vasilsursk) and EISCAT (Svalbard)?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join