It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significance of the date September 11th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Perhaps this gets a bit more into the esoteric, but I'm wondering...whoever was responsible for 9/11, be it the CIA created al Qaeda, elements of the US gov and al Qaida, etc...why 9/11?

On September 11th 1990, Bush Sr made a big fancy speach about the new world order; making that the theme of his speach.

I've seen everything from 9/11 being Jesus real birthday, to some significant date with the Knights Templar, etc. Why did whoever perpetrated this chose that date do you think? It made a convenient graphic(many news sites used the two towers to stand in for the 11, and 911 also is of course the famous crisis number)

Somestimes a date is just a date, but in the 1990's 4/19(and 4/20) seemed to be a continual date of infamy throughout the 90's(ruby ridge, waco, oklahoma, columbine, etc)

[edit on 23-9-2005 by 8bitagent]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
4/20 was the date Hitler was born; that accounts for a particular fascination with a particular date.

(Columbine, for one)

Oklahoma happened because of Waco...it doesn't really count in and of itself because it would have happened on the anniversary (of Waco) regardless of the date itself.

The Ruby Ridge events occurred in August 1992, not April

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with the number "11" 9+1+1=11
I think it was intentionally used to force on the masses an awakening of sorts. When you call for emergency services, what do you call on the teley?
(911) What do you see on most Police cars?

Esoteric Aspect:
11:11
www.nvisible.com...
www.crystalinks.com...

I dont know about you but I have had many experiences with seeing 11:11 alot and way before knowing of the links above.
My ex girlfriend experienced alot to and she had an experience with a friend at the age of 16 that terrified her.( A light appearing from above out of no where away from populated areas)
She also has a rare blood disorder now called thrombocythemia
www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Apparently 9/11 wasn't even the first date of choice though; OBL wanted it to occur in the late spring, and even balked at it being postponed until August; he was apparently less than pleased when it was pushed once more to 9/11.

(this is course assuming that we're going collaborated testimony relating to the events).

I doubt we'll ever really know.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Going on the 11:11 theme, don't forget Armistice day, where a silence is observed on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month:

Armistice Day is the anniversary of the official end of World War I, November 11, 1918. It commemorates the armistice signed between the Allies and Germany at Compiègne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning — the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month." While this official date to mark the end of the war reflects the ceasefire on the Western Front, hostilities continued in other regions, especially across the former Russian Empire and in parts of the old Ottoman Empire.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hey Smithy

(where you bin hidin? Don't answer that..you've probably been around and I've probably just been oblivious. I am so bad).

Yes, there's that context of 11/11 too...but that's not really observed anywhere outside of Europe (and certainly not stateside).

I'm still fairly sure 9/11 was simple coincidence.

Or, they knew it was the day before my birthday and decided to forever screw up my party plans.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And don't forget when you take a dozen eggs out the cooler and cook one....you are left with 11.

American football has 11 players on the field per team.

Grover Cleveland was Americas 22nd president. He was president TWICE. (1885-1889, 1893-1897) 22(nd) divided by 2(times president) = 11

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
And don't forget when you take a dozen eggs out the cooler and cook one....you are left with 11.

American football has 11 players on the field per team.

Grover Cleveland was Americas 22nd president. He was president TWICE. (1885-1889, 1893-1897) 22(nd) divided by 2(times president) = 11

and 12 12 is kind of a 11:11 +1 on either side of the :

Anyone ever experience this before?
You go to sleep at say 8:15pm....and you think you sleep for 1-2 hrs but when you wake up, the clock still says 8:15pm...even your wrist watch says the same time. So you go back to sleep thinking you sleep for another 2 hrs and you wake up again and it is still 8:15pm

No, im not kidding

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

and 12 12 is kind of a 11:11 +1 on either side of the :

Anyone ever experience this before?
You go to sleep at say 8:15pm....and you think you sleep for 1-2 hrs but when you wake up, the clock still says 8:15pm...even your wrist watch says the same time. So you go back to sleep thinking you sleep for another 2 hrs and you wake up again and it is still 8:15pm

No, im not kidding

WHOA! That is so freaking freaky! Once I started drinking at 8:15 pm - went to bed at 5:18 am and woke up at 8:15 pm....3 days later!!!!! Now THAT can't be good!

[edit on 24-9-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I remember as a kid reading the enormous Lincoln/JFK coincidences numerically and other anomalies.

The think about Osama saying he wanted it in the spring...what bothers me about the Osama as mastermind idea. Was that it wasnt until many many months after denails that Osama finally kind of alludes to being behind 9/11, and says something about how he was shocked the towers fell.(thats from the dec 2001 video where "Osama" is wearing a gold watch)

I wonder if we simply see coincidences and patterns, or if the people implementing these intended this(like the numerical significance of 33 and 13 on the back of the US dollar)

But yeah, I couldnt see 9/11 happening on 9/12...just doesnt have the same ring. And I feel bad for people with birthdays on 9/11.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's one hell of a coincidence when the law of conservation of angular momentum inexplicably makes itself scarce as buildings fall via gravity.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
It's one hell of a coincidence when the law of conservation of angular momentum inexplicably makes itself scarce as buildings fall via gravity.

Lovely big words there...but too many for my little brain!

Besides - that's got nowt to do with the topic at all....unless I missed the part where the thread wasn't about the actual date, as opposed to the events therein?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok....Today I pulled out my cell phone in the kitchen and looked at the time on the display...it said 3:22pm. I didnt think about it, just got the urge to look at the phone display for the time. Now some of you are familiar with Skull and Bones Ch 322. I know about the so called Chapter 322 but what I also know is the verse in Genesis 3 : 22 which is kinda freaky in of itself. It says; "Behold, the man has become as one of "us" to know what is good and what is evil" Who the hell is "us" is what I want to know...and please dont tell me its God?
I see this 3:22 alot during the week as well, besides the 11:11.

I was watching the Notre Game vs Washington game on tv. Low and behold after playing on the PC for a bit, I walk in the room and Notre Dame has the ball and its 3rd and 22(on the display)
Repetitive coincidences?

[edit on 24-9-2005 by magnito_student]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.oilempire.us...

September 11, 2001 was the United Nations' International Day of Peace

September 11, 1990 (11 years before 9/11) was when George Herbert Walker Bush gave his famous "New World Order" speech.

September 11, 1973 was the bloody coup d'etat in Chile.

September 11, 1941 was the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of the Pentagon. 9/11 (the attack) happened on the 60th anniversary.

www.jewishhistory.org.il...

1922 September 11, USA

The United States Congress and President Harding approved the Balfour Declaration.

1921 September 11, NAHALAL (Eretz Israel) The first moshav was established in the Jezreel Valley.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
On September 12th....

1953 - Nikita Kruschev elected Soviet leader; a major event in history.

1953 - JFK marries Jacqueline Bouvier; as we know, JFK and Kruschev's meetings were famous during the cold war.

1861 - Siege of Lexington, Missouri begins

1990 - German occupation rights are ended, clearing the way for East and West to reunite.

1942 - The Laconia is sunk.

We can do this with pretty much any given day; we can also associate more, or less, importance to each event depending on which perspective we're trying to support.

I suppose my point is that though the date does coincide with certain events, so would many other dates and many other events.

Is it unreasonable to consider that the date might have been random, and perhaps wasn't even the first choice?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It may have been for greater psychological effect, as in associating the terrorist attacks with the number that we all know to dial in case of medical emergencies (911). This way, 9/11 has even stronger associations with emergency, danger, pain, etc.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Besides - that's got nowt to do with the topic at all....unless I missed the part where the thread wasn't about the actual date, as opposed to the events therein?

Nothing, apparently.

I could've swore that there was some remark outside of the topic that I was responding to.

But, yeah... I'm responding to this superiorly late, lol. So I might as well post something more valuable to the topic, and say that 9/11 caused a lot of psychological problems, such as general anxiety, in millions of Americans across our whole country. It was the psychological impact that got all that patriotism stirred up and allowed Bush to so easily invade Afghanistan (which I thought justified at the time), and later, Iraq (can't say the same here, though). So that the date was meant to make people permanently associate the date with emergency doesn't seem very unlikely to me. Maybe there were other significances, too, though. Who knows.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
LOL I see what you mean, bsbray

Yes, I do think the actuality of 9/11 being the same digits as the 911 service might have been a factor.

I still do believe that the original attack was meant to be carried out much earlier, though this absolutely doesn't negate the selection of 9/11 as a deliberate thing, at all.

I doubt we'll ever know for sure though.

top topics

join