It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyno-O-Mat's CEO suggests using it to reduce the fincial cost of RITA by modifying eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
They have an interview with Neil Cuvuto on FoxNews about Dyn-O-Mat.

The guy wants to fly 10 747's over eye of RITA and drop dyno-gel.

I seen this company on a discovery channel weather modification program several years back where they made a cloud disappear off of radar.

Link to Fox News story and Video:
www.foxnews.com...

Link to dyno-o-mat site.
www.dynomat.com...

[edit on 9/23/2005 by bazaillion]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I made a thread on this stuff awhile back

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Alot of people doubted if this stuff can even work or were worried stopping a Hurricane would have bad side effects. Cant say I agree with their fears and think this stuff is worth looking into

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hurricans have to happen as part of the earth's natural heat distribution system. Without them, the weather shifts would be catastrophic.

Screwing with a system that we don't understand is called "a bad idea".
Unfortunatly, that never seems to stop us.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Hurricans have to happen as part of the earth's natural heat distribution system. Without them, the weather shifts would be catastrophic.

I keep hearing this but could you link to some scientific evidence that weakening or flat out stopping a few hurricanes would have ''catastrophic'' effect on earths weather. Keep in mind nobody is suggesting stopping all hurricanes or even the majority of them just the few like Katrina that are heading to hit vulnerable areas.

Im not saying its not true just nobody has linked to any evidence to back up this claim

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's hard to find too much data on the subject of the effects assosiated with stopping hurricanes, since it's not something the main stream community has been too involved in. However, I did find a few bits and pieces worth noting.

www.roanoke.com...

Hurricanes do serve a useful function in our planet's meteorological machine, and that is to transfer heat energy from tropical regions northward into cooler areas.

www.marklynas.org...

There are reasons to suspect that carbon dioxide-induced global warming should mitigate the frequency and severity of hurricanes. Hurricanes are heat engines; they transfer heat from the surface to the upper atmosphere and from the tropics to the poles.

www.hurricaneville.com...

Q: Are there any benefits to having a hurricane?

A: Believe it or not, yes. Hurricanes are play a very important role in preserving the heat balance that the earth maintains by transferring heat from the tropics to the poles. They also can be very helpful to areas affected by drought with their torrential rains.

Basicly, the idea is that the Earth is warmed unevenly by the sun. If it wasn't for massive atmosphearic disterbences, we would have a planet badly burned along the equator, and much larger frozen areas at the poles.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've been hearing about this stuff for at least 4 years now. What I don't get is the hurricanes keep coming and they still haven't tried it. What are we missing?

It keeps coming up as a hurricane solution, and it sounds to good to be true, yet no one has actually tried it, they just keep talking about it. I can't even accept after 4 years that it is a lack of funding or resources. Then again, what do I know.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As stated, it's VERY unwise to tamper with a vast global system that we do not fully understand.

We don't know how important these storms are in terms of global enviroment. They are part of a vast system that keeps this planet habbitable. It's VERY hard to predict what effects could occur if we were to short curcit even a single hurricane.

Worse case:
You manage to stop one hurricane from fully forming. You also have stopped the enviromental system from aliviating a pressure build up. This could spawn more/larger hurricanes. You stop those. Again, the system has not dumped the building pressure... and thus it grows. Eventually, you will end up with a mega storm that is beyond our current scale.

In the VERY worst case, the result could be a storm so powerful that it rips open the Stratosphere and allows super cooled air from the Mesosphere to be drawn down to ground level.

Have you seen "The Day After Tomorrow"?

Yes, we're talking about storms on THAT level.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Did they seed Rita?

It did loose a bit of power before making landfall and there was not a tight core eye wall at landfall. All the powerful hurricanes have weakened a bit for us the past two seasons, so in a sense we have been lucky and if Dyn-O-gel was used it would be a tough argument against rigid scientists on whether it helped weakened the storm.

It is obviously impossible to stop hurricanes, but doing something that will keep them from being as strong as they can get might be realistic. Of course anytime humans interfere with mother nature there are unwanted consequences.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
And another thing, who in the right mind would fly a jumbo jet into a raging hurricane. The hurricane hunters lost a plane in the 70's, now they used modified C-130s designed for that kind of ride. I do not believe a 747 is trustworthy enough to go into a powerful hurricane.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Did they seed Rita?

It did loose a bit of power before making landfall and there was not a tight core eye wall at landfall. All the powerful hurricanes have weakened a bit for us the past two seasons, so in a sense we have been lucky and if Dyn-O-gel was used it would be a tough argument against rigid scientists on whether it helped weakened the storm.

Unlikely.

Hurricans normally lose power as the aprouch landmasses. The change in air conditions over land as opposed to over water tend to take some of the "umph" out of them. Rita also wandered off the path that could have sustained it longer, thankfully.

Once again, there's no need to go looking for human interfearance. If you observe historical evidance, it will tell you that this is simply "normal".

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Unlikely.

Hurricans normally lose power as the aprouch landmasses. The change in air conditions over land as opposed to over water tend to take some of the "umph" out of them. Rita also wandered off the path that could have sustained it longer, thankfully.

Once again, there's no need to go looking for human interfearance. If you observe historical evidance, it will tell you that this is simply "normal".

Thanks for the info, I ddnt need since I practically have a degree in meteorology. There are rare but deadly exceptions to a storm weakening before the eye makes it ashore: Andrew, Charley(like Florida counts as a land mass anyway) and Hugo just to name a few.

I do fear a storm 'bombing' just before reaching land, Rita went from a minimal hurricane to a category 5 in a short amount of time. A worse case scenerio is a cat 1 or 2 that not enough people take seriously strengthen to a cat 4/5 the last 12 hours before landfall. It will happen again, while events like that are rare history does repeat itself.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by jrod]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the info BitRaiser
I tried looking for information after people mentioned this in the other thread and couldnt find much. That was alot more info then I turned up.

Perhaps if we just reduced a Hurricane from say a cat. 3 to a 5 it wouldnt cause much side effects but would have a major impact on destruction caused. Or better yet if we could figure out how to steer them someday then all the energy could be dumped out over areas without people.

top topics

join