It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia governor asks state's schools to close to save gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Georgia governor asks state's schools to close to save gas

(Atlanta, Georgia-AP) Sept. 23, 2005 - Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue Friday asked the state's schools to take two "early snow days" and cancel classes Monday and Tuesday to help conserve gasoline as Hurricane Rita threatens the nation's fuel supply line.

Here we go again! Round 2.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Oh you got it before me, he,he,

Yes my daughter call me to let me know that it was all over the news. I think is a good idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
To be honest...I kept my kids home from school today. (Let's just say I live in the Dallas area.) It's 15 miles one-way to take the kids to school and I didn't want to waste the gas. I came up with the idea when I had a hard time finding gas last night.

I did manage to get some this morning because I left for work at 5:30. My car is full, my wife's car is full and I just don't want to use any gas unless I need to. I have to go to work all next week, and there's no telling when the gas supply will be back to normal. With everyone coming up here from Houston, and others trying to stock-up, it's getting hard to find a station with gas.

Most say that the delivery trucks just aren't coming right now. Hopefully this will get better by wed or thurs next week or I'll be stuck at home.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I can see prices climbing the 5 dollar mark in the next weeks, and I imagine that many Americans will be cutting on their gas expenses a lot, out of necessity.

This is going to affect so much the families of people that work from pay check to pay check, I see some big problems coming from this one.

My husband is now commuting with his friend to work and his work is not even ten miles away.

But it saves money.

new topics

top topics

join