It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Looking Odd

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Did anybody happen to catch Bush on TV before he left for CO?

He looked positively scared! I haven't seen that expression since 911.

Am I wrong?

xu

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
maybe it is related :Bush's Booze Crisis

the source kinda looks funky though.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yes I also notice that he didn't look well, I don't know if is the "Booze crisis" but I imagine that having to natural disasters within days of each other is really taking a told on him and the nation.

Now he not only has to find money to help NO but also Texas coast, with all the refineries in the area.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Americans really should have a closer look at Mr Bush, eg being threatened by a pretzel and the mark's on his face to prove it.

Can't blame the Man for having a drink or three..but his term is getting close to being over..then Democrats, less Laura's non-wanting to run. will have to TRY and rebuild the U.S. economy. Not where Clinton left it but better than it is now.

Bush Junior I suppose will not have a Presidential Library -- out of pure Personal Presidential Embarassment. But he will finally be able to devote more time to his hidden beverage?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
He's not monitoring anything, he's hiding out IMHO.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
OK, everyone....

Look at this and tell me what you think?

Notice what CHERTOFF does when Bush mentions NORTHCOM. Watch Chertoff starting from 1:06 into the video.

Is this weird or what???

VIDEO

EDIT: If you have problems seeing the video, then go here and look for

"Bush: I won't get in the way"

www.crooksandliars.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The man is showing some stress, concern, and a unclear thinking maybe?
He definies 'businessman trying to understand government' in that cliip.

He still has enough political savvy to realize a smile will get him a long way!

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
He still has enough political savvy to realize a smile will get him a long way!

Come on, if he was smiling this thread would be about why Bush is smiling as another killer hurricane is coming he must be out of touch...

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Come-on, he's the U.S. President so perhap's no matter what he does or does not do, look or feel that's admitted -- people will seem him odd djohnsto77.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Great clip, thanks for the link.

Yes, he looks worried, but I think that's the face he's trying to present. He's trying to look concerned. The funniest part is where he talks about Colorado Springs and NORTHCOM, and says "I need to learn more about how that works." It sounds plausible enough for the average Bush-believer, I imagine.

And yes, Chertoff looks like he's minding a teenager or something. He's visibly uncomfortable when Dubya goes off script. Aren't all of the prez's people scared when he does that? God knows what he'll say when he doesn't have a script or an earpiece. Personally, I think Chertoff comes across looking like an even bigger cheeseball. He's got 'incompetent doofus' written all over his face.

But this scene isn't overtly weird. I think he flipped the comment about his 'entourage' fairly well, making it sound like a joke. Considering how bad his extemporaneous speech abilties are, I'd say his people probably gave it a 7 out of 10. All they want is for him to not look too stupid, which he doesn't really.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Chertoff seems a little impatience around the reporters, maybe having a little eagerness to leave, probably camera shy.

Bush looks comfortable seems collective and very positive, which is a good thing.

Good for Bush, he is going too NORTHCOM....

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It appears looking "concerned" and "in fighting mode" for the cameras. He probably knows that if response messes up with this hurricane his numbers will go down even more.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I looked at the clip, and honestly it just looked like he really wanted to make sure there was not a repeat of what happened in NOLA. Bush looked fairly honest there and genuinely concerned.

Frankly, I am not sure what is going on. I was baffled and suspected gov malfeasance with NOLA, but Bush here is obviously not going to just stay on vacation for another storm.

Maybe this is scalar warfare as some claim. He looks awfully worried.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A Tad Ragged

He seemed somewhat tired and yes, worried. I'm sure he knows things that we don't.

I caution members who think Bush is an idiot to bear in mind that for an "idiot", he has managed to accomplish more as a person than most "geniuses" I know.

In particular, he has suckered more than a few "geniuses" with his aw-shucks routine, and uses their own arrogance to do so.

So when I see members buying into the "Bush is an idiot" propaganda campaign, I want them to know what that signifies to me. Hint: It ain't flattering.

Meanwhile, Chertoff's impatience began when Bush turned to answer that "extra" question instead of leaving.

He seemed ready to move on, and I think those reading more into his expression than that are seeing what they want to see, not necessarily what is actually going on there.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

So when I see members buying into the "Bush is an idiot" propaganda campaign, I want them to know what that signifies to me. Hint: It ain't flattering.

What makes you think he has accomplished anything? The executive office is a place where only _controlled_ men are allowed. They do as they are told. You think Bush II is the one driving this bus? No way.

Seriously, how can you see him talk and still think that he is playing an "awe shucks" game? Have you ever seen him act differently? In order for him to be playing a game, as you say, we'd have to have evidence that he's capable of ever sounding smart. In my eyes, he always looks confused, at a loss for words and coached. And then, there are times when he looks downright stupid.

In this clip, he is expressing himself as good as he knows how. He is not leading, but then, he is not a leader. It's the fakest crap I've ever seen. I mean, do you really think that Cheney and Rummy sit around and listen to Dubya as he describes his world plan? Hell no. Those guys are hard-core. Bush II sits at their feet and listens to them.

"Mah plan is to act like a complete dork, and then people won't know whut I'm up to, see?"

[edit on 24-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Common Knowledge

I'm comparing his progress to that of his opponents, who have demonstrably accomplished less than he has since he rode into town.

It's basically a repeat of Texas, where Democrats said the exact same things about him -- all while the state turned from solidly Democrat to solidly Republican.

People are free to see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe. They can also ignore what stares them in the face. It's a personal choice.

Aside from that observation, I've pretty much said what I have to say about that topic as it relates to this one.

The rest is why we have an entire board dedicated to politics.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think bush problems is . . . that been an idiot or genius he can add one and one, and hes knows that another hurricane is going to add more to the financial struggles of our nation, he free right on the Iraqi war expenses is going to catch up eventually.

WE are in trouble and he knows it I hope his buddies in the corporate level will lend him a hand

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Might as well post this here too...

President Bush and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff (left) receive a briefing at NORAD's Northern Command in Colorado Springs, Colo. on Saturday. (Reuters)

Why does everyone else in that photo look LESS worried than him?

And, BTW, for what it is worth...

War Protests Get Started Near White House

"A coalition of antiwar protesters will rally at the Ellipse at 11 a.m. Saturday, and begin marching at 12:30 p.m. Groups also plan protests around the two-day meetings of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, including a rally at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Dupont Circle."

external image

Makes more sense he got out of town....Still don't like that look, though...

[edit on 24-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You know what, Rita was the perfect excused to get out of town and away from the pesky Iraqi war protesters.

He most think that Rita was a blessing from God anything just to get away from the American public.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
He actually does look very "strained". Maybe he's having constipation problems

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join