It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Getting Ready for WMD Attack???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
William M. Arkin on National and Homeland Security
Today in DC: Commandos in the Streets?
Today, somewhere in the DC metropolitan area, the military is conducting a highly classified Granite Shadow "demonstration."

Granite Shadow is yet another new Top Secret and compartmented operation related to the military’s extra-legal powers regarding weapons of mass destruction. It allows for emergency military operations in the United States without civilian supervision or control.

A spokesman at the Joint Force Headquarters-National Capital Region (JFHQ-NCR) confirmed the existence of Granite Shadow to me yesterday, but all he would say is that Granite Shadow is the unclassified name for a classified plan.

That classified plan, I believe, after extensive research and after making a couple of assumptions, is CONPLAN 0400, formally titled Counter-Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction. Concept Plan (CONPLAN) 0400 is a long-standing contingency plan of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) that serves as the umbrella for military efforts to counter the spread of weapons of mass destruction. It has extensively been updated and revised since 9/11.

blogs.washingtonpost.com...

What do you guys think this is all about? This writer said he's done his reasearch and think it's code named CONPLAN 0400...Any thoughts?

[edit on 23-9-2005 by glan]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What has 9/11 and Katrina taught us about when push comes to shove?

Any strategic geniuses out there?

What it teaches is when the hammer falls, the first line of defense, the best of the best, the most trained, the bravest and most ready will likely be wiped out.

This is almost always true. This leaves your future, your well being, your hopes in the hands of the harried half-ready, poorly trained expert wanna-bes.

God help us all!

[edit on 9/23/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
When I read this thread I immediately thought that this "operation" is being timed to happen during the peace rallies that are taking place this weekend in D.C.

As I read through the article and saw the first comment made, the connection I made was already included.

Will there be a terror event? Could well be that there will be something to use as an excuse to disrupt the protests.

I will say that any new alleged foreign terror attacks that take place on U.S. soil will absolutely kill public confidence in government. I'm not sure if the government is willing to do that.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Frith]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
They are just training for different possible scenerios. If they werent doing these people would be screaming, "Why arent we training for every possible threat?".

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The government(?
) is forever training for the last disaster.

It is never ready for the next disaster.

That is why they are in government. Who would take such low pay, bureaucratic jobs. Who would want to spend 10's of $millions to get a $132,000/yr senate or house seat? A miasmatic mental munchkin?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Kill public confidence? The government doesn't care what the public think. Bush has got his second term. Just as long as he stays faithful to his wife and stays mostly on the sides of the law its unlikely he'll be removed.

For me, this is just a training exercise. Its nothing big. And to answer your title question - yes they are. There is probably intelligence of one coming. Why are there commandos? Hmm:

1) To secure martial law in the event of a major disaster
2) Commandos who, unlike the National Guard, have had WMD training and surviving in the aftermath of such an attack.

new topics

top topics

join