It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman Has To Be Fat To Be Beautiful

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
Oh, I dunno...it's not difficult to gain 50lbs in 3 years, on an American diet.

Not difficult at all.

3 whole years? I gained 50 lbs in the last month of pregnancy. Of course, the bedrest and hospital insisting I eat regulars meals didn't hurt.

More than just forcefeeding itself, doesn't it bother anybody that they are choking to death on the food?
It's one thing to say you have to drink a gallon of milk, it's another to actually pour it down your throat while you're trying to breathe.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Americans have the choice to be fat or not....these women that are force-fed have no choice...

True, and I get your point. However, some people get fat without a "choice" because they get fat for other reasons than eating too much. But force-feeding is a bad practice and it should stop. If only we could force them not to forcefeed "themselves". There are many bad practices going on in different parts of the world and we can´t do much about it. Should we do something about it? What can we do as long as they choose to do this?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Although I have to disagree strongly with the whole torture feeding aspect, I have to say that I like a gal with some meat on her bones. Curvy women are beautiful, who would want some stick figure? That is all propaganda perpetrated by the media and Cosmo and the like. It pains me that women struggle to emaciate themselves because they think it is what men find attractive. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

choked to death in front of her while being force-fed camel's milk by a family slave

Wow, there are so many things wrong in that statement! Force feeding, of camel milk (blech!), and slavery! Yeesh!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
If I might add, although it isn't as overt as phsyically force-feeding, it is western tradition to psychologically force young girls to not eat so much, and in a way for the same reason. Our tradition/society places more emphasis on skinny females as attractive, theirs places more emphasis on fatter girls. Either way it's a rather shallow way to go IMO.

The rest of the world runs on the same principle, just from the opposite extreme.

The fact that they torture these women is disgusting. Even more disgusting as camel milk.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
djohnsto77, thats the smartest idea anyone has ever come up with.

If olny it was implimented.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz_psyker

djohnsto77, thats the smartest idea anyone has ever come up with.

If olny it was implimented.

Yet another example of how screwed up life in the US is - people deciding another human being's worth by how they look instead of who they are.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Although I have to disagree strongly with the whole torture feeding aspect, I have to say that I like a gal with some meat on her bones. Curvy women are beautiful, who would want some stick figure? That is all propaganda perpetrated by the media and Cosmo and the like. It pains me that women struggle to emaciate themselves because they think it is what men find attractive. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Here here! Second that motion, buddy! Size 12-14 isn't a bad size, nice bit of meat on them, women look lovely!

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They do it in that other country as well, they want fat people in the USA (including fat people themselves) want people less fat.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz_psyker

They do it in that other country as well, they want fat people in the USA (including fat people themselves) want people less fat.

The point is that it's a screwed up way of thinking. The point is that it's irrelevant what a person looks like. The point is that who the person is, in his/her heart and in his/her head, is what is important.

[edit on 4/1/2006 by Landis]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just a philosophical question here on the general topic of cultures. Now remember this African tribe thinks this is normal, and you cannot shake them from their beliefs or traditions.

Now in the same perspective, try to list things in our culture of which you have dawning awareness that have the same characteristics. Remember the key issues are 1.) The population thinks this or that intolerable reality is "normal." 2.) This culture is blind to alternatives even in while they are watching Gilligan's Island, I Love Lucy, and even Star Trek reruns. 3.) You cannot shake them from their beliefs or traditions.

Try and list more characteristics of this more or less "foolish culture," and its intractable folkways. List some of our own. Let's talk about it.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by SkipShipman]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Dont you hate it when you see a size 2 woman at a restaurant playing with her food, moving it all over the dish but not eating?

I would rather eat my entire plate and be veloptuous and a size 12.

I know if i were a man i wouldnt want a pile of bones. On the other hand, i dont like fat guys. Something about fat thighs on a man turns me off.....
and for some reason they have a tendency to have back hair...

* ducks*

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

We could be doing the same in the US leave it to fundamentalist and we women will become incubators of procreation and the pleasure will be only for the owners of the women body.

Marg, I'm a Christian fundamentalist and that in no way describes my beliefs.

I sure don't believe in slavery and I disagree that marriage is enslavement for the woman. The Bible even says that the husband is to LOVE his wife as he would himself! I've been married for 12 1/2 years and I don't see a ball and chain on me!

I do agree that some men take that too far--about submissive wives--and turn them into slaves. That's not right.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I've been married for 12 1/2 years and I don't see a ball and chain on me!

What's your husbands opinion on where the "ball and chain" is...

Sorry, couldn't resist.....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Соблазнительные женщины красивы

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
hahaha.. to the comment that life is hard in 3rd world countries. Typical westernized answer.

I think women are beautiful when they are intelligent and not conformed to any certain standard but her own. Bossy women
women who starve themselves because of standards
women who overeat because the are filling some void
women who act stupid to please their man
women who are just themselves

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by SportyMB

Americans have the choice to be fat or not....these women that are force-fed have no choice...

True, and I get your point.

It could equally be said that there isn't a choice in the west as advertising programmes people to want the fast food that causes a fair proportion of obesity, and then once the programming has succeeded, the addiction takes over as regular fast food eaters crave the sugars and the carbs - of course the flip side of this is that a person has to be pretty stupid to believe the advertising and then go to the extreme of eating enough of the crap that they become addicted.

Of course the force feeding is bad, but there are so many customs which are equally despicable such as female "circumcision" or as it should be known, genital mutilation.

I'm also afraid that slavery will never really go away, unless some countries simply cease to exist - which given the level of HIV and AIDS in some african and eastern countries could quite easily happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It is a shame to be force fed to be considered beautiful. But under the same token, women here in America are starving themselves to be thin. I am naturally thick, so I say.....give me a plane ticket and ride to the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to see a place so opposite of America. I would love to see their version of beauty. Although women are beautiful no matter what size or color, it would just be nice to see a place where we heavier women are preferred!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Setting up a couple of McDonald's in the village would solve their problem in no time.

No torture needed and the young ladies would be busting at the seams soon enough.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It is the same mentality which makes people go against their nature really for any reason. Up or down the weight scale is of little consequence, what matters is the control over others against what is healthy for them as an individual. Ultimately it is a mindset.

Opposite side of the same controling sick minded coin, imposed on others as a way to dehumanize. I think of the little Asian women who had their feet broken to remain small, I suppose when it comes down to it, whether it is breaking feet or creating a baby's rolling fat body, this is a way of making pedophiles feel like they are with a baby instead of a young woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join